PDA

View Full Version : Silver

Lagerlout
14-11-2006, 02:34 PM
So what do you guys use for silver?

I've just tried Bilt Hamber Clay + Duragloss wash, Polish bonding agent & Clear Coat Polish. Followed up by 2 coats of Pinnacle Signature 2. Chose that over the Souveran as it's supposed to be better on Silvers.

The second coat helped, but still not exactly brilliant. I guess I'm stuck with the fact you can't do much with silver or is it a case of bucket loads of wax coats?

It annoys me though as I've seen one or two M BMW's running around with some sort of stunning shimmering gloss was wondering how they get that effect.

?

Flatcap
14-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry mate, I have to dissagree with you there, Souveran is better on silver and by a long way too. I always use Souveran and especially when applied on top of DG 111 CCP I can achieve excellent results, see pic attached. Not quite a Ferrari but I think you'll agree it's pretty shiny!

I'm sure Dave Zymol can give you some good advice on which Zymol wax to use but my prefered choice on Silver is Souveran.

You could also try layering the wax and spit shining it. You'll have to wait 24 hours with the Souveran before you apply another layer but I know with Chemical Guys XXX it's one of the few waxes you can layer straight away and it also gives very good results on silver.

I hope that helps.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/Flatcap1968/23092006047.jpg

Lagerlout
14-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Erm not disagreeing with anyone haven't tried to polish silver before. I just read around on the web that Signature was better for Silver. Never mind can give Souveran a go next time.

BTW, not sure I have enough spit to polish my entire car, maybe 1/2 a wing. :grin: I gather by that you mean using a water bottle after applying the wax?

Mini looks good.

So no other brand worth a try on silver?

Flatcap
14-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Yep, coat of wax, mist of water from trigger bottle, coat of wax and rub until water dissaperas then buff (preferably with machine buffer) and do a panel at a time.

As I said, Chemical Guys XXX is good on silver too as is P21S and Collinite 476.

All above are just personal opinions though...

:thumbsup:

Dave Z
15-11-2006, 08:14 AM
we always machine polish silver cars and then use the old Zymol on there ,
Here's a few photo's of the results:thumbsup:

Check the reflection of the house out in the bonnet

Flatcap
15-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Here's a couple more of Souveran on Silver, this is on one of my cars.

tonyspears
15-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Silver is indeed a very hard colour to achieve that deep finish,i tend to use the wet look wax and apply a couple layers :thumbsup:

This is one i did with wet look :wink3: