PDA

View Full Version : CHIPS or FILM

AM82
23-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Its your choice! - but I have to say my experience of Toms Paintsheild business in Grantham was as good as decribed by HUDs post Nov 2005.
I drove up one Friday the 100 miles to see the product on cars in Grantham and the following week I took my Aston V8 for a full frontal ,sills and rear quarters.
I will be back to have the bonnet redone whenever Tom gets the the film in 60inch width - needed to do the bonnet in one piece, but in the meantime I am totally happy with the result.
Ignore the comments about these products being clearly visible, the paintsheild film is hardly noticeable unless you know its there and you get up really close to the car.
The latest product used by Paintsheild is not to be confused with more inferior products.
If you are in any doubt do what I did go and see for yourself Tom will be happy to show you his operation.
It was also nice it is to deal with people who provide such a professional service and deliver a really good qualty product.
I will be sending Tom some photos as soon as the weather permits.

Fraccie
23-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Its your choice! - but I have to say my experience of Toms Paintsheild business in Grantham was as good as decribed by HUDs post Nov 2005.
I drove up one Friday the 100 miles to see the product on cars in Grantham and the following week I took my Aston V8 for a full frontal ,sills and rear quarters.
I will be back to have the bonnet redone whenever Tom gets the the film in 60inch width - needed to do the bonnet in one piece, but in the meantime I am totally happy with the result.
Ignore the comments about these products being clearly visible, the paintsheild film is hardly noticeable unless you know its there and you get up really close to the car.
The latest product used by Paintsheild is not to be confused with more inferior products.
If you are in any doubt do what I did go and see for yourself Tom will be happy to show you his operation.
It was also nice it is to deal with people who provide such a professional service and deliver a really good qualty product.
I will be sending Tom some photos as soon as the weather permits.

Did you get any form of discount?

KenC
23-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Did you get any form of discount?

Sceptic :wink3: .

Fraccie
23-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Sceptic :wink3: .

No, not at all Ken,you?

tiganut
23-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Whatever gives you that impression?

KenC
23-11-2006, 05:08 PM
No, not at all Ken,you?

OK, yes I am. Why would someone with an AM log in to a Ferrari forum for the first time a couple of days ago and post two identical messages promoting a company's products?

Sorry, just the way I am :thumbsup: .

Fraccie
23-11-2006, 05:12 PM
OK, yes I am. Why would someone with an AM log in to a Ferrari forum for the first time a couple of days ago and post two identical messages promoting a company's products?

I never noticed that Ken, are you sure, hang on....

... yes ,you are correct, how very odd!

KenC
23-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I never noticed that Ken, are you sure, hang on....

... yes ,you are correct, how very odd!

Indeed!

ross456
23-11-2006, 05:23 PM
To be fair guys there wasn't even a need for the initial post.

Many people on this site have already visited Tom's premises and seen the great work he does. Hud, Hazy, Roger and Chas (to name a few) have all had the Paintshield treatment and I've visited on a few occasions and will be having my car done in the new year:thumbsup:

Fully understand the impression the initial post gave though.

paintshield
23-11-2006, 06:08 PM
OK I see where this might be heading and I can absolutley assure you that this is a genuine customer of ours and this post is not driven by us in any way, this gentleman found me off here so he has lurked on here for some time.

I will post pictures for you when he sends them to me, I know a lot of people have taken the P on here in the past so scepticism is healthy but sometimes people are geniunely what they appear to be no more no less, in this instance he is genuine.

I trust by now you know me well enough to know I do not BS

Fraccie stand down soldier false alert!!!

Cheers

Tom LOL

RogerB
23-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Yep, I am a very happy customer and have just sent my new car there today. Tom and Ann have been exceptionally helpful throughout.

Fraccie
23-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Sir,yes Sir.

any chance of a freebie....:shocked:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
23-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Yep, I am a very happy customer and have just sent my new car there today. Tom and Ann have been exceptionally helpful throughout.

Hi Roger

Car arrived safely, strange colour scheme though first Lavender 430 I have ever seen and that Pink Leather Brave Choice!

Cheers

Tom
:laugh:

spidermanUK
23-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Roger

Car arrived safely, strange colour scheme though first Lavender 430 I have ever seen and that Pink Leather Brave Choice!

Cheers

Tom

Tom, you really are a heathen, 1st you think a Bentley GTC is a GT, now you think a 340 is a 430.

Roger's new car:

paintshield
23-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Tom, you really are a heathen, 1st you think a Bentley GTC is a GT, now you think a 340 is a 430.

Roger's new car:

Colour is pretty close to that :)

And Yes I must admit to being of a heathen disposition I am after all a Geordie :)

Cheers

Tom

Newcastle brown invented by accident by a desperate brewer and causing them ever since.:grin:

Fraccie
23-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Newcastle brown invented by accident by a desperate brewer and causing them ever since.:grin:

Banned myself off that stuff some time ago, nasty tackle...:cry3:

RogerB
24-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Roger

Cheers

Tom

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Tom - I have no desire for people on this site knowing what I have bought.

I have sent a complaint letter to Ferrari UK for screwing up the colours. I am utterly livid.

paintshield
24-11-2006, 12:24 PM
OOOPS My BAD !!

GrahamS
24-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag Tom - I have no desire for people on this site knowing what I have bought.

I have sent a complaint letter to Ferrari UK for screwing up the colours. I am utterly livid.
You'd ordered resale brown?

paintshield
24-11-2006, 12:28 PM

MMM Not as livid as that Pink though :P

Angelis
24-11-2006, 12:34 PM

When you selling it then?

RogerB
24-11-2006, 06:58 PM
As soon as the 599 arrives - I've got a buyback clause because of the paint problem.

paintshield
26-11-2006, 10:21 PM

Hi Ken

Maybe because I direct customers to join clubs to get a discount when they enquire with us, porsche owners get told by us to joun PCGB, Tvr owners get told to join TVRCC, Lotus owners to join Seloc, Vx220 owners and 350Z owners have for years been told by us to go to their respective clubs, especially when at our unit, by use of the internet cafe and sign up to get their discounts.

Consequently it can LOOK suspicious to the paranoid.

Ferrari owners and other top marque owners get told to come here or any of the other clubs we support. We have no involvement with The Aston or Bentley clubs, so they would get pointed at somewhere like here, now in this instance I do not believe it happened this way, I believe from memory that he had already been on here, I stand to be corrected by him if untrue.

If anyone is genuinely uncomfortable with this let me know and I will point them elsewhere :)

Regards

Tom

KenC
26-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi Ken

Maybe because I direct customers to join clubs to get a discount when they enquire with us, porsche owners get told by us to joun PCGB, Tvr owners get told to join TVRCC, Lotus owners to join Seloc, Vx220 owners and 350Z owners have for years been told by us to go to their respective clubs, especially when at our unit, by use of the internet cafe and sign up to get their discounts.

Consequently it can LOOK suspicious to the paranoid.

Ferrari owners and other top marque owners get told to come here or any of the other clubs we support. We have no involvement with The Aston or Bentley clubs, so they would get pointed at somewhere like here, now in this instance I do not believe it happened this way, I believe from memory that he had already been on here, I stand to be corrected by him if untrue.

If anyone is genuinely uncomfortable with this let me know and I will point them elsewhere :)

Regards

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for this further explnation, though I'm not sure what prompted it as you are responding to post 6 on 23 November and you have already proffered an explanation in post 10 that same day.

Interestingly, I asked a question in another thread on Friday regarding what guests can see on this site as opposed to registered users. Here is a link:

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10314&highlight=Guests

The conclusion was that guests can see threads in a couple of sections but not the majority. I did a search for Paintshield in the threads visible to guests and could not find any (if I am wrong in this fact I offer my apologies in advance for what follows).

AM82 joined on 20 November which means he was not registered when he checked out the product or had the film was fitted ("I drove up one Friday the 100 miles to see the product on cars in Grantham and the following week"). As a guest prior to this he could not have read about your product on this site ("this gentleman found me off here so he has lurked on here for some time").

On Friday I concluded that your previous explanation did not hold water and wondered hard about posting this on the forum. I decided against it as you are a Sponsor and did not want to upset the applecart. However your new post has meant that I have to respond as you have said that I am paranoid!

It now appears that you have changed your stance from AM82 lurking to you directing him to this site. And all to be able to buy your product cheaper from you. That strikes me as strange, being so paranoid :wink3: .

I'm afraid it appears to me that AM82 has been directed to this site by you with the sole purpose of promoting your product and to do it in a way that pulls the wool over the eyes of this sites users. Perhaps that he did get a discount on the basis that he made these (identical) posts.

Again, if I am incorrect in anything I have stated I apologise.

Fraccie
26-11-2006, 11:16 PM
No,maybe not....:grin:

KenC
26-11-2006, 11:28 PM
It now appears that you have changed your stance from AM82 lurking to you directing him to this site. And all to be able to buy your product cheaper from you. That strikes me as strange, being so paranoid :wink3: .

I have reread and noted that you acknowledge that this may not have happened this way with AM82 however while you have not changed you stance it still seems starnge.

paintshield
27-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Tom,

Thanks for this further explnation, though I'm not sure what prompted it as you are responding to post 6 on 23 November and you have already proffered an explanation in post 10 that same day.

Interestingly, I asked a question in another thread on Friday regarding what guests can see on this site as opposed to registered users. Here is a link:

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10314&highlight=Guests

The conclusion was that guests can see threads in a couple of sections but not the majority. I did a search for Paintshield in the threads visible to guests and could not find any (if I am wrong in this fact I offer my apologies in advance for what follows).

AM82 joined on 20 November which means he was not registered when he checked out the product or had the film was fitted ("I drove up one Friday the 100 miles to see the product on cars in Grantham and the following week"). As a guest prior to this he could not have read about your product on this site ("this gentleman found me off here so he has lurked on here for some time").

On Friday I concluded that your previous explanation did not hold water and wondered hard about posting this on the forum. I decided against it as you are a Sponsor and did not want to upset the applecart. However your new post has meant that I have to respond as you have said that I am paranoid!

I'm afraid it appears to me that AM82 has been directed to this site by you with the sole purpose of promoting your product and to do it in a way that pulls the wool over the eyes of this sites users. Perhaps that he did get a discount on the basis that he made these (identical) posts.

Again, if I am incorrect in anything I have stated I apologise.

You Are wholly incorrect, and in fact I wrote to RMD on this subject immediately following my post and prior to your repost, I left this for some time before responding to you (although I did respond to fraccie) to try and save the gentleman concerned from further embarrassment.

I decided having seen the nature, of your inquisitions on Guest access that a further response was probably needed, as clearly you did not accept my genuine belief as to how this occurred.

What I did say was whilst I understand that there may have been some history of taking the P on here in the past, to automatically tar everyone with the same brush is somewhat offensive (not least to the guy who posted).

The reality is many of our clients have multiple cars and we are not at liberty (clearly) to disclose what they may have in there possession. Just because an Aston owner may post on here following some work we have done as an attempt I guess to thank us, is not in itself indicative of a "put up job" which is what was clearly being indicated in the responses.

I would like to publicly apologise to Neil for any embarrasment I may have caused him, if I suggested at any time he visit the forum and sign up ( I do not believe I did), my point was (not a change in stance), that this may happen again, if I point other owners, who may or may not have F cars but certainly are in that end of the market, to come on here following or before we do work for them.

Whether this is accepted or not from this point on I could care less, what I have stated is the truth take it or leave it!.

Cheers

Tom

KenC
27-11-2006, 12:10 AM
You Are wholly incorrect, and in fact I wrote to RMD on this subject immediately following my post and prior to your repost, I left this for some time before responding to you (although I did respond to fraccie) to try and save the gentleman concerned from further embarrassment.

I decided having seen the nature, of your inquisitions on Guest access that a further response was probably needed, as clearly you did not accept my genuine belief as to how this occurred.

What I did say was whilst I understand that there may have been some history of taking the P on here in the past, to automatically tar everyone with the same brush is somewhat offensive (not least to the guy who posted).

The reality is many of our clients have multiple cars and we are not at liberty (clearly) to disclose what they may have in there possession. Just because an Aston owner may post on here following some work we have done as an attempt I guess to thank us, is not in itself indicative of a "put up job" which is what was clearly being indicated in the responses.

I would like to publicly apologise to Neil for any embarrasment I may have caused him, if I suggested at any time he visit the forum and sign up ( I do not believe I did), my point was (not a change in stance), that this may happen again, if I point other owners, who may or may not have F cars but certainly are in that end of the market, to come on here following or before we do work for them.

Whether this is accepted or not from this point on I could care less, what I have stated is the truth take it or leave it!.

Cheers

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for responding :thumbsup: . I think it is best to leave the thread with your explanation.

Ken

Fraccie
27-11-2006, 12:25 AM
(although I did respond to fraccie)
Tom

Hey, leave me out of this my fair weathered trench digger.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PM noted ,thanks, and my reluctance accepted.....:huh: ...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
27-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Well Given the fact I seemed to have got myself into a hole fraccie I guess I still know how to use an entrenching tool :)

Should have stuck with Callaghans view on life :) The trick when in a hole is to recognise your position and stop digging LOL

Cheers

Tom

Fraccie
27-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Tom, your OK, accept Ken for being a bitter Scot. He ain`t unique in being a miserable Jock so and so....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fraccie dons flame suit and kevlar in readiness for Kens response....:grin:

KenC
27-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Tom, your OK, accept Ken for being a bitter Scot. He ain`t unique in being a miserable Jock so and so....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fraccie dons flame suit and kevlar in readiness for Kens response....:grin:

You knew I had loogged off and could not log in early today. I hope the flame suit was not as uncomfortable as your usual PJs :wink3: :wink3: .

Fraccie
27-11-2006, 05:02 PM
You knew I had loogged off and could not log in early today. I hope the flame suit was not as uncomfortable as your usual PJs :wink3: :wink3: .

Timed to perfection then Ken...:grin:

KenC
27-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Timed to perfection then Ken...:grin:

:flamethro