PDA

View Full Version : 456 Window Problems - Swissol Rubber Seal Fluid

Davo456
28-11-2006, 10:34 PM
There is a small ~1mm gap at the back of the drivers door window when fully closed!

Andy, it's also getting cold now, and that would cause the rubber to shrink a bit.

Found this....

WGB20803 Seal Feed - fluid for rubber seals (on cars!) 250ml 25.50
Rubber becomes brittle, cracked and unsightly over time - and most plastic care products are totally unsuitable for this natural material.Seal Feed has been exclusively developed for rubber and keep seals pliable for years - and also prevents them freezing in winter.

on http://www.morethanpolish.com/mtp/swissol.asp

I'm tempted to try some, anybody tried this already ?

MAC355GTS
28-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Save yourself 23, buy some glycerine from any pharmacist it will do the same job.
Alternatively BMW do some stuff which is called "Gummi Pflege" or some such and apprently is good as well.:thumbsup:

andy456M
29-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the info.

I've just been in the garage to give the 456 a good ol' seeing to. I wiped the rubber down with Finish Fast LVR treatment (Leather Vinyl Rubber). This is a lanolin-based product from USA and disappears into the rubber/leather - on vinyl it gives it a nice shine. It's particularly good for tyres.

I cleaned all the rubber seals round the doors, but it didn't seem to make any difference to the gap. The rubber round this feels soft and supple, so maybe it's a door mechanicals problem?

I may try the glycerine and if that is no good then the Seal Feed sounds worth a try.

tonyspears
28-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Seel feed is very good :thumbsup: give me a shout if you require some i give discount:thumbsup: