PDA

View Full Version : Race Of Champions - this Saturday..

rmdferrari
01-12-2005, 11:21 PM
.....guys, this is an absolute must if you have even the slightest interest in racing. Based on national teams so, France: Loeb/Alesi, UK: McRae/Coulthard, Finland: Gronholm/Kovalain.... etc...etc..

The idea is a series of races round a specialy constructed curcuit (bit like stadium-cross) and heats between two drivers to find a winner in each class of car. These are: WRC Xsara's, ROC Specials, 911 GT3's and 330hp Magane Trophy's.

At the end, the two most successful drivers have a head-to-head in two races in two different cars. Last year Schuy got spanked in a 360 by the Finnish bloke I can't pronounce...! Great to see rally and formula drivers battle it out. Enjoy.

Link is: http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Looks like 4.00pm this Saturday to me.

barabus
01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
.....guys, this is an absolute must if you have even the slightest interest in racing. Based on national teams so, France: Loeb/Alesi, UK: McRae/Coulthard, Finland: Gronholm/Kovalain.... etc...etc..

The idea is a series of races round a specialy constructed curcuit (bit like stadium-cross) and heats between two drivers to find a winner in each class of car. These are: WRC Xsara's, ROC Specials, 911 GT3's and 330hp Magane Trophy's.

At the end, the two most successful drivers have a head-to-head in two races in two different cars. Last year Schuy got spanked in a 360 by the Finnish bloke I can't pronounce...! Great to see rally and formula drivers battle it out. Enjoy.

Link is: http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Arri Kuevelinen or summink like that, actually beat Schuey last year.

A308 MAN
02-12-2005, 12:13 AM
http://www.raceofchampions.com/[/url]

to save you guys the trouble of searchin' thro' the website ... i've posted the two best pics:

rmdferrari
02-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks....they are indeed fine pictures. :thumbsup: But why do the YMCA dance? Daft frog bint..!

Just had a prod on the sky remote thinghy, looks like it may be 3.00pm NOT 4.00pm..... as you were.

A308 MAN
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks....they are indeed fine pictures. :thumbsup: But why do the YMCA dance? Daft frog bint..!

Just had a prod on the sky remote thinghy, looks like it may be 3.00pm NOT 4.00pm..... as you were.

Whilst flicking thro' the channels this aft, I came across the above programme.
However, I carried on flicking after ten minutes, as i found it a tad dull.
I think the A1GP is going the same way too.
cheers, d

francisn
04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Sorry you see A1GP that way. I think it's a breath of fresh air and have really enjoyed the racing.

F

A308 MAN
04-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Sorry you see A1GP that way. I think it's a breath of fresh air and have really enjoyed the racing.

F
hi francis ... take little notice of anything i say (not that anyone ever does) ..... up to the eyeballs in drugs !

barabus
04-12-2005, 12:00 PM
hi francis ... take little notice of anything i say (not that anyone ever does) ..... up to the eyeballs in drugs !

Cop out, stand by yer guns you junkie:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

rmdferrari
04-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Forgot it was on 'til half way through....doh! David, kinda agree....last year with Shcuy and 360CS's was more af a spectacle....... funny a ***** when the Kovalinen whooped him, then jumped up and down on the roof to celebrate....:grin: (perhaps why no 430's offered?)

A1, juat can't get into it. GP Masters, Mansell winning was a fix.

Nicola
05-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I didn't know it was on until too late.

Suppose I will have to wait until it is on terrestrial tv.

I might make the effort and watch it live next year.