PDA

View Full Version : Just had my CS detailed.....

D8EAN
07-01-2007, 12:25 PM
after using loads of companies to clean various cars over the years i thought i'd try another new one:thumbsup:

so yesterday Dave and his father from superiorshine.co.uk turned up at 8.30 to give the car the big once over!!

i must admit i was very pleased with the whole service, turned up on time, took detailed pics of before and after (will post later once i recieve them) and there attention too detail was superb.

they left around 5 ish so a long day for them with a 4 hour drive back home from opp north

i can honestly say that the job they did was one of the best i've seen and was one of the cheapest :thumbsup:

they even took it to the extreme of masking off all the badges / grills / seals when cleaning

Elms
07-01-2007, 01:54 PM
If you dont mind me asking, but how much did it come to?

360trev
07-01-2007, 02:03 PM
cannot wait to see the pics!

F1 JOE
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Deano ffs wheres the pics matey :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

D8EAN
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
i'll wait for the detailer to send em in, he had a tripod the lot....

or i might take some myself tonight to show ya (feeling pretty ropey since a trip to 'the painted heron' on friday night - worse indian i've ever had)

D8EAN
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
If you dont mind me asking, but how much did it come to?

270 all in
and he had to charge me a small amount to travel down

he was telling me about this little number 400+ bhp

spidermanUK
09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Dean

Which wax did they use and what exactly did they do? Did they machine polish the swirls and scratches?

D8EAN
09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
clive;

the car has had the machine polishing done in the past so there were not that many small hairline scratches, but you could see that it needed cleaning properly (if you know what i mean)

I dont think they machined it because of the above, but they did go over it with some paint cleaning stuff - not entirely sure because i wasn't watching them all day, i could ring him and ask if it helps you?

as for the wax? they do not use swissol or zymol but other branded stuff its a combination of products to complete the whole detailing process... again i can ask him again for you to get a complete list??

not sure if its mentioned on the website i posted up in my first post?

main reason for chosing this guy, i read about his work on the edition38 website (a club forum for show winning volkswagens - where spending 40K plus on old wrecks is not rare) mad peolple i know but there attention to detail is tops and that is what i wanted

heres a quick reflection shot i took last night & below that another pic from the edition38 website where you can clearly see the swirls b4 and after:thumbsup:

and a reflection shot:thumbsup:

tonyh
09-01-2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.superiorshine.co.uk/index.html

products are Meguiars

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Scuderia Sitar
09-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The car looks lush.
:thumbsup: Are they tiles on your garage floor? Where do you get 'em from?

D8EAN
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
yep they are acrylic tiles with a tuffshield coating from www.racedeck.com based at salt lake city

they really do finish off the garage

tonyh
09-01-2007, 03:12 PM
The car looks lush.
:thumbsup: Are they tiles on your garage floor? Where do you get 'em from?

sorry for hijack , dean. Check out this guy, he's pretty keen on price . Personally, i think the epoxy resin is better long term prospect :)

the tiles cost 25/m + VAT

James Gedye

The Versatile Flooring Company Ltd

1 Devonshire Business Centre

Potters Bar, Herts. EN6 3JR

www.versatileflooring.co.uk

T: 0870 7772795

F: 0870 7772796
more suppliers here

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=17340&postcount=69

D8EAN
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
gotta say i did look at all those companies before ordering and what made me choose the RD was the interlocking system, gives the tiles a straight edge, therefore a cleaner look

and the samples i recieved off all the companies didn't match up to RD either
just my 2p's worth

ew_topcat
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing the detailing on your Cs.
I am having mine done before i pick it up. should look fantastic.
Could you please tell me what sort of lighting you have in your garage? I am looking to re-wire mine and need some ideas. Yours look nice judging by the pattern left on the wall.
Ed

tonyh
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
gotta say i did look at all those companies before ordering and what made me choose the RD was the interlocking system, gives the tiles a straight edge, therefore a cleaner look

and the samples i recieved off all the companies didn't match up to RD either
just my 2p's worth

fella tried hard to get me to buy his product. Preferred Joe's friendly service & product tho :dude:

All good, each to their own m8 :thumbsup:

http://www.versatileflooring.co.uk/ecotile/garage/garage_flooring.html

D8EAN
09-01-2007, 03:53 PM
fella tried hard to get me to buy his product. Preferred Joe's friendly service & product tho :dude:

All good, each to their own m8 :thumbsup:

http://www.versatileflooring.co.uk/ecotile/garage/garage_flooring.html

so is that link joe's flooring? :huh:

tonyh
09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
so is that link joe's flooring? :huh:

no, that's the tile bloke. This is Joe's flooring in Hud's garage :dude:

tonyh
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's mine :)

D8EAN
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
both look good those floors - what is it painted?

tonyh
09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
both look good those floors - what is it painted?

epoxy resin , very tough and with clear coat quite durable .

Scuderia Sitar
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Both cribs look ace. Thanks for the info.

D8EAN
10-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing the detailing on your Cs.
I am having mine done before i pick it up. should look fantastic.
Could you please tell me what sort of lighting you have in your garage? I am looking to re-wire mine and need some ideas. Yours look nice judging by the pattern left on the wall.
Ed

i took that pic with just the down lights on (6 in total) i then have uplights along the top of the wall (6 in total) each is those halogen bulb things, take 5 mins to warm up - very very bright and very expensive, i can have a look at the make of them if you want and get a model number - they are kinda cool looking being made from a matt finished metal with glass lense :dude:

ross456
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
after using loads of companies to clean various cars over the years i thought i'd try another new one:thumbsup:

so yesterday Dave and his father from superiorshine.co.uk turned up at 8.30 to give the car the big once over!!

i must admit i was very pleased with the whole service, turned up on time, took detailed pics of before and after (will post later once i recieve them) and there attention too detail was superb.

they left around 5 ish so a long day for them with a 4 hour drive back home from opp north

i can honestly say that the job they did was one of the best i've seen and was one of the cheapest :thumbsup:

they even took it to the extreme of masking off all the badges / grills / seals when cleaning

Hi Dean,

did this dude do any work on the interior for you? If so what did he do and what was the result like?

Ta

ew_topcat
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
i took that pic with just the down lights on (6 in total) i then have uplights along the top of the wall (6 in total) each is those halogen bulb things, take 5 mins to warm up - very very bright and very expensive, i can have a look at the make of them if you want and get a model number - they are kinda cool looking being made from a matt finished metal with glass lense :dude:

Thanks Dean, i have since ordered some strip lamps after seeing the pictures on here. i may still put some spots over the work benches but my garage isnt so large at this house so will see how i go.
Thanks again.
Ed.

D8EAN
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Dean,

did this dude do any work on the interior for you? If so what did he do and what was the result like?

Ta

yep he used a leather conditoner, on the seats and lower dash and even on the cover that goes around the alarm gadget.

came up nice and clean mate, only prob i've got is someone got in the pass side with a biro in their pocket and marked the leather, he tried to get it out with the conditioner but it wouldn't budge, its only slight but i will do some searching online and try it myself - they even blacked up the rubber mats

D8EAN
10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks Dean, i have since ordered some strip lamps after seeing the pictures on here. i may still put some spots over the work benches but my garage isnt so large at this house so will see how i go.
Thanks again.
Ed.

easier on the pocket mate - think all in the lights worked out at 1500 notes :cry3:

D8EAN
15-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Deano ffs wheres the pics matey :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

D8EAN
15-01-2007, 10:05 AM
:dude:

tonyh
15-01-2007, 10:10 AM
:thumbsup: :dude:

stevew
15-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Looks great:thumbsup: nice garage as well:thumbsup:

F1 JOE
15-01-2007, 03:18 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice job Garage now needs walls painted cabinets and ceiling inc lights...............

:thumbsup: :wink3: :wink3:

D8EAN
15-01-2007, 03:21 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice job Garage now needs walls painted cabinets and ceiling inc lights...............

:thumbsup: :wink3: :wink3:

:sleeping:

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Your car looks amazing. the depth is just fantastic.
What is the sticker on the back? I have seen it on a few pictures here.

Hud
16-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Your car looks amazing. the depth is just fantastic.
What is the sticker on the back? I have seen it on a few pictures here.

:dude: only a few more days to go :grin:

D8EAN
16-01-2007, 11:37 AM
:dude: only a few more days to go :grin:

like a red train :thumbsup:

i'll let others explain the sticker...

Hud
16-01-2007, 11:41 AM
like a red train :thumbsup:

i'll let others explain the sticker...

Yep, and Edward will be in carriage three very soon:dude: . Come on mate, what day is she coming?:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh man, why did you have to post that?! i am trying my best not to think about it. its raining like a good un here but i want my new toy.
I pick her up on saturday all being well. shes all paid for, now royalled to the hilt and my driveway is being finished today, oh i have new flooring simular to deans for the garage arriving tomorrow .
Can everyone please pray for a sunny day on saturday so i can enjoy my first trip i her.

This is going to be a long week thats for sure.

tonyh
16-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh man, why did you have to post that?! i am trying my best not to think about it. its raining like a good un here but i want my new toy.
I pick her up on saturday all being well. shes all paid for, now royalled to the hilt and my driveway is being finished today, oh i have new flooring simular to deans for the garage arriving tomorrow .
Can everyone please pray for a sunny day on saturday so i can enjoy my first trip i her.

:dude: :dude: :dude: garage pics pls :thumbsup:

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh its far from deans standard, i just wanted to keep the dust down etc. i will post one for sure but its not very impressive.

tonyh
16-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh its far from deans standard, i just wanted to keep the dust down etc. i will post one for sure but its not very impressive.

c'mon, modesty is not a virtue known to many on here , Ed.:grin: i'm sure it's looking fine :dude: :thumbsup:

Hud
16-01-2007, 12:22 PM

No worries:dude: That'll be four coats of Royale she's had :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

D8EAN
16-01-2007, 12:31 PM
now your teasing him

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 12:37 PM
:cry3: :laugh:

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Any advance on the stickers?

Hud
16-01-2007, 12:38 PM
now your teasing him

Who me :wink3: :wink3: :grin:

tonyh
16-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Who me :wink3: :wink3: :grin:

stop it ....

D8EAN
16-01-2007, 12:45 PM
:worthy

Hud
16-01-2007, 12:48 PM
stop it ....

sorry mate :grin:

Heres for something completely different:dude:

ew_topcat
16-01-2007, 12:57 PM
oh jeez, i may have to do some work if this doesnt stop, anything to take my mind off it for a while.:argh:

Its killing me.:cry:

Stickers??

D8EAN
16-01-2007, 01:45 PM
loving the dark pic - almost looks squashed!!

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 04:24 PM
oh jeez, i may have to do some work if this doesnt stop, anything to take my mind off it for a while.:argh:

Its killing me.:cry:

Stickers??

Ed

You got the CS yet fella??:thumbsup:

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Ed

You got the CS yet fella??:thumbsup:

Oh here ya go

KenC
17-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Oh here ya go

Jas's garage :huh:

ew_topcat
17-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Not yet, saturday afternoon. The weather started off rainy and floods here but this afternoon has been super sunshine,. I was very tempted to pick the car up today. restraint, restraint!!
Great pics you guys have been teasing me with. Cant wait to drive my new toy.:wink3:

Hud
17-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Not yet, saturday afternoon. The weather started off rainy and floods here but this afternoon has been super sunshine,. I was very tempted to pick the car up today. restraint, restraint!!
Great pics you guys have been teasing me with. Cant wait to drive my new toy.:wink3:

Yep sat wont come soon enough:laugh:

paintshield
17-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Must Admit 360 CS is one of my all time favourite motas :) Very envious (cant find green jealous smilie) :)

Cheers

Tom

tonyh
17-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Must Admit 360 CS is one of my all time favourite motas :) Very envious (cant find green jealous smilie) :)

Cheers

Tom

:dude: :dude: :dude:

ew_topcat
17-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Thank you HUD. i have a good collection of pics of my car even before i have owned it yet.:sweethear
I have seen the marks on the exhaust where your old man 'dremelled' it. nice work. not quite the same finish as the factory hey. :embarasse

D8EAN
17-01-2007, 06:23 PM
now that is brave

D8EAN
17-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Thank you HUD. i have a good collection of pics of my car even before i have owned it yet.:sweethear
I have seen the marks on the exhaust where your old man 'dremelled' it. nice work. not quite the same finish as the factory hey. :embarasse

surely a discount...:laugh:

tonyh
17-01-2007, 06:24 PM

:shocked: :shocked:

D8EAN
17-01-2007, 06:27 PM
one less :cry3: :cry:

D8EAN
17-01-2007, 06:32 PM
2 less

Hazy
17-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Nah, a dodgy dealer would put them together again.....:cry3:

.......which reminds me, is Fitzy still after a Strad, might be a cheap way into a strad seat.....:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

ew_topcat
17-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Thats sad to see. Having said that, i would have a damaged strad just so i can say i have two.:grin:
Not really. i am just looking forward to playing with my red CS.

Dean how often do you get your strad detailed?(just trying to stay on topic).

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 07:03 PM
surely a discount...:laugh:

dremell Rob sumink you wanna tell us mate:thumbsup:

Ken

Yeah when it was finished :thumbsup:

Hud
17-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Wasnt the old man was me. Took the advice of someone on here i think, but after 2 and a half hours and 100 worse off i gave it up as a bad job. The tips were generally covered in soot so no big deal. The finish on them when i got it was crap, not sure how Joe got his looking so chrome like.

ew_topcat
17-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Wasnt the old man was me. Took the advice of someone on here i think, but after 2 and a half hours and 100 worse off i gave it up as a bad job. The tips were generally covered in soot so no big deal. The finish on them when i got it was crap, not sure how Joe got his looking so chrome like.

Ah, yeah like you say they are usually sooty. I only saw it as it was pointed out by prestigedetail.
I will be sat in the drivers seat facing forwards not crouched down looking at the tail pipes.
:dude:

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 09:43 PM
What like this:thumbsup:

deano looks cool too Tony ??

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 09:50 PM

dont touch the ones on the 430 rob:thumbsup:

Hud
17-01-2007, 10:18 PM
dont touch the ones on the 430 rob:thumbsup:

I think Ray's the man on detailing 430 tips, so I'll take lessons from the Godfather of concourse :dude:

F1 JOE
17-01-2007, 10:19 PM
:thumbsup:
I think Ray's the man on detailing 430 tips, so I'll take lessons from the Godfather of concourse :dude:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :dude:

ew_topcat
19-01-2007, 05:01 PM
only tonight and tomorrow morning to go.....
Very excited now. must not think about it. im off out tonight with friends and family. hope i can hold a decent conversation with out dropping Ferrari in the sentence.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/_tc_2006/DSC00092.jpg

D8EAN
19-01-2007, 05:10 PM
lets hope so!!

i hate waiting for things drives me up the wall!

what have you had done then in order to get it ready? full zymol/service......???

have you got a plate to pop on it?

who did you purcahse from?

ew_topcat
19-01-2007, 08:30 PM
lets hope so!!

i hate waiting for things drives me up the wall!

what have you had done then in order to get it ready? full zymol/service......???

have you got a plate to pop on it?

who did you purcahse from?

I have had a full service including belts(paid by them). paint correction and royale zymol.
Yep i have a plate for the car but not on yet. it needs tax at the end of jan(they are doing that for me) so will change it in feb hopefully.
I bought it from Carrs of Exeter. She is looking the business at the moment in the showroom ready for me tomorrow at around 3pm all being well.

I have recently moved house so have been frantically clearing the garage out ready for her arrival. the driveway was tarmaced and new flooring for the garage. only cheapy matting as im not sure how long i shall be here. I had a mental block and didnt order enough flooring so the rest arrives on wednesday.
Sadly i have so much on at the moment that i wont have a decent drive of her for a couple of weeks other than taking her to work and the world seems to be slowing down by the day so the lovely sweeping coast road i use is now a 30 although its signed national speed limit.

I will post my excitment tomorrow afternoon.
Bye for now.:dude:

Hud
19-01-2007, 08:33 PM
only tonight and tomorrow morning to go.....
Very excited now. must not think about it. im off out tonight with friends and family. hope i can hold a decent conversation with out dropping Ferrari in the sentence.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/_tc_2006/DSC00092.jpg

Interesting mate - its original reg was WX04 PFD - they dont usually change unless you go private.

ew_topcat
19-01-2007, 08:39 PM
They did have two red CS s in at the same time. do you think they may have made a mistake on thinking it was yours?
I will get the chassis number tomorrow if thats any good.

Had to look at the pic again just to see what it is now. got goose bumps again.!!!:grin:

F1 JOE
19-01-2007, 08:56 PM
They did have two red CS s in at the same time. do you think they may have made a mistake on thinking it was yours?

Had to look at the pic again just to see what it is now. got goose bumps again.!!!:grin:

Careful hud thrashed the ***** outta his:laugh: :laugh:

Only kidding Ed i know exactly how you feel mate enjoy it mate:thumbsup:

ew_topcat
19-01-2007, 09:01 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks Strad, he has told me some stories about his antics with the car. nothing more than i plan.:wink3:

I am off to see some lovely bentleys tomorrow morning hoping to talk my stepfather into one. These are the cars here:
http://www.bobpetersenengineering.co.uk/

Speak tomorrow. off out now.:thumbsup:

Hud
19-01-2007, 09:08 PM

Odd that you mentioned the tail pipes mate, has to be mine. Think youve took pics of someone elses car :laugh: :laugh:

ew_topcat
20-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Well wher do i start? This will only be a short post as i keep going to look at the car in disbelief. :tongue:
It is amazing. the sun came out an hour before i pcked it up and dried the roads nicely. once in the sunshine the paintwork just got deeper and deeper red. Simon did a great job waxing her.:thumbsup:
I was dropped up by my girlfriend and my best mate and his girl where there to witness my grinning. I let them lead the way and decided after 200 yards that was enough and hit the race button and frightened them all as i roared past. :dude:
I have been driving for 3 hours now and even in the hail and rain the car felt great. nice and docile when needed and a scream all the other time.
I cant type properly and my heart is just racing with excitement.

Anyway, off to caress her again now. have a good evening all and lets pray for sunshine and clear roads.

PS: the police have already spotted me and tried to get me in a speed trap. no luck fuzz-a-rella.:grin:

tonyh
20-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Well wher do i start? This will only be a short post as i keep going to look at the car in disbelief. :tongue:
It is amazing. the sun came out an hour before i pcked it up and dried the roads nicely. once in the sunshine the paintwork just got deeper and deeper red. Simon did a great job waxing her.:thumbsup:
I was dropped up by my girlfriend and my best mate and his girl where there to witness my grinning. I let them lead the way and decided after 200 yards that was enough and hit the race button and frightened them all as i roared past. :dude:
I have been driving for 3 hours now and even in the hail and rain the car felt great. nice and docile when needed and a scream all the other time.
I cant type properly and my heart is just racing with excitement.

Anyway, off to caress her again now. have a good evening all and lets pray for sunshine and clear roads.

PS: the police have already spotted me and tried to get me in a speed trap. no luck fuzz-a-rella.:grin:

new thread with pics pls, and congrats :dude:

ew_topcat
20-01-2007, 07:39 PM
All done tony. Pics when the weather eases up.:thumbsup:

D8EAN
20-01-2007, 09:53 PM
i've been indoors all day, tunred over and spotted the best of top gear! they had that koni CCX on there..... i thought sod it and just took the CS out for a blast, its running on that shell super stuff - you can hear it pop on lift off GREAT!!

njoy the car TC!!!!!! you wont regret a thing!!!

F1 JOE
20-01-2007, 11:00 PM
njoy the car TC!!!!!! you wont regret a thing!!![/QUOTE]

Seconded :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: