PDA

View Full Version : Zymol'd F40

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 10:05 AM
I did this on Friday up at Ferrari manchester , total of 20 man hours went into it, Paint correction and Zymol Royale.
What a stunning car!!!!!!

A few before photo's

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 10:09 AM
And a few afters

barabus
14-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Stunning Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tabletcounter
14-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Dave is that the one they recently sold?

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Dave is that the one they recently sold?

I'm not sure if they've sold it , it's was in their showroom when I went up to do the 599 , I think it belongs to one of their good customers , they just had it done as a thank you for him

extrememike
14-01-2007, 04:52 PM
top work as always dave :thumbsup:

ric355
14-01-2007, 05:07 PM
It should be noted that if you cannot see the carbon/kevlar weave through the paintwork of an F40 there is something wrong with it (i.e. it has been resprayed). They painted them very thinly at the factory to save weight.

F40's that have stunning paintwork are not original :thumbsup:

(An excellent finish though as usual Dave)

Does your paint depth guage work over Kevlar?

F1RGY
14-01-2007, 05:20 PM
It should be noted that if you cannot see the carbon/kevlar weave through the paintwork of an F40 there is something wrong with it (i.e. it has been resprayed). They painted them very thinly at the factory to save weight.

How many Ferraris around sixteen years old have not had paint done.? I would sooner have a minter that had been painted than worry about weave showing through . Most important thing to me is know it had not been in a mega crash which a lot have been :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks great Dave as always .Do you come down as far as Wiltshire ????

andy456M
14-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Stunning Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ric355
14-01-2007, 06:32 PM
How many Ferraris around sixteen years old have not had paint done.? I would sooner have a minter that had been painted than worry about weave showing through . Most important thing to me is know it had not been in a mega crash which a lot have been :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks great Dave as always .Do you come down as far as Wiltshire ????

My point was that concours F40's are not what F40's are all about. F40s are race cars; they didn't come out of the factory with perfect paintwork, so from an originality perspective they shouldn't look this way now.

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Yes Ric , it does ,I have two depth gauges one for metals and the other for composites , this one had an average of 90 microns of paint on it , and you could see the weave all over it. If it had been 10 microns less we probably wouldn't have done the paint correction.
Saying that , the paint was rock hard on it , we had to go over it with our intensive polish 4 times just to get the swirls out.

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Looks great Dave as always .Do you come down as far as Wiltshire ????

Yes mate , we cover the whole of the UK ,
Why , are you thinking of teaming up for the next concours event:wink3: :wink3: :grin:

Terry
14-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Now that looks excellent.:thumbsup:

A great car looking superb.

Ravi 355
14-01-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if they've sold it , it's was in their showroom when I went up to do the 599 , I think it belongs to one of their good customers , they just had it done as a thank you for him

Nice work Dave, what did he do that was so special that a main dealer paid for you to do his car?

Dave Z
14-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Nice work Dave, what did he do that was so special that a main dealer paid for you to do his car?

spent lots of money with them I think:grin:

F1RGY
14-01-2007, 09:47 PM
My point was that concours F40's are not what F40's are all about. F40s are race cars; they didn't come out of the factory with perfect paintwork, so from an originality perspective they shouldn't look this way now.

I was not talking conkers just because i am known for it .I just like my Ferraris in tip top condition and it usually reflects in the price i get when i sell one. I have owned and raced four Ferraris and they were treated exactly the same as my road cars I just dont do scruffy cars i would sooner not have it .

Just my opinon M8:wink3: :wink3:

F1RGY
14-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes mate , we cover the whole of the UK ,
Why , are you thinking of teaming up for the next concours event:wink3: :wink3: :grin:

You never know Dave i might have something a bit special for the 60 aniversary you would be interested in doing the buisness on :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal

tonyh
14-01-2007, 09:55 PM
You never know Dave i might have something a bit special for the 60 aniversary you would be interested in doing the buisness on :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :lipsrseal

so the rumours ARE true :huh: :shocked: :dude:

barabus
14-01-2007, 09:55 PM

You tease :tongue3:

F1RGY
14-01-2007, 09:57 PM
so the rumours ARE true :huh: :shocked: :dude:

I am worried about weave and things though NOT:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fraccie
14-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I was not talking conkers just because i am known for it .I just like my Ferraris in tip top condition and it usually reflects in the price i get when i sell one. I have owned and raced four Ferraris and they were treated exactly the same as my road cars I just dont do scruffy cars i would sooner not have it .

Damned, better scrap mine now Ray.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave Z
15-01-2007, 07:40 PM

whisper in my PM box ray:thumbsup:

Nico G
16-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi Dave.

Do you find F40s a bit of a pain due on account of the fact that the cf weave is 'visible' through the paint? Especially rear wing. I found that hard pads won't touch the low lying areas of the weave and the full potential of a polish isn't useable with a softer pad with sufficient compliance to contact all of the surface....

Dave Z
16-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi Dave.

Do you find F40s a bit of a pain due on account of the fact that the cf weave is 'visible' through the paint? Especially rear wing. I found that hard pads won't touch the low lying areas of the weave and the full potential of a polish isn't useable with a softer pad with sufficient compliance to contact all of the surface....

No Mate , not really , we used a medium pad whem buffing , the only problem we had was the paint was quite hard so we had to pass over it 5 times to get the swirls out , but we got there in the end:thumbsup:

ric355
16-01-2007, 07:39 PM

I think you haven't quite understood what I was getting at. I didn't mention concours just because it was you; I mentioned it because the car in question here has now been mega zymol'd and is obviously better than it ever was when new. Zymol royale is synonymous with a flawless finish, and we all know that when F40's came out of the factory they were far from flawless.

I just prefer originality to over-done on an F40. By that I don't mean untidy. I just mean well looked after and as original as possible.

I'm not levelling any critiscism at you at all. In fact my original post was not directed at anyone in particular. :thumbsup: