PDA

View Full Version : Alternative detailing products

achaddy
06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Zymol seems to be the only recommended detailing product here but has any one used anything else.
I have just bought a product called P21s. Again a 2 stage cleanser and wax application like Zymol. It was recommended by a friend who was into showing VWs. It can be sourced from http://www.thepolishingcompany.com.

Intersted to see what people think. Haven't used it yet as no decent weather to get to work. When I get it started I will try and let you know how it looks.

Andy :smiley:

barabus
06-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Zymol seems to be the only recommended detailing product here but has any one used anything else.
I have just bought a product called P21s. Again a 2 stage cleanser and wax application like Zymol. It was recommended by a friend who was into showing VWs. It can be sourced from http://www.thepolishingcompany.com.

Intersted to see what people think. Haven't used it yet as no decent weather to get to work. When I get it started I will try and let you know how it looks.

Andy :smiley:

Ive seen it on Ebay its quite cheap compared to Zymol, well everything is, but I'd be interested with your results Chadders:grin:

ric355
06-12-2005, 10:37 PM
P21S has a good reputation on www.autopia.org. There a lot of people over there using it by itself but also a lot of people using Zaino or other similar synthetic polymer type products and then finishing off with P21S.

I've heard it gives a fantastic shine but maybe doesn't last very long and is therefore well suited to show car applications, but perhaps less so for a daily drive. Not sure how true that is though.

Ric.

glyn o'donnell
09-12-2005, 05:50 PM
i have used zaino and p21s and got fairly good results with them all but none as good as zymol, also i am very wary about applying solvent based products to water based painted cars which i why i stick to zymol as it is totally natural.

WillW
11-12-2005, 06:40 PM
One thing is interesting IMO, I haven't seen ANY test where Zymol would be "the wax"?? Have seen lot of "independent" test and normally there is others on the top, i.e. P21S and Zaino. And their prices are quite a lot cheaper as well. Anybody have explanation?