PDA

View Full Version : Is man utd finished ??????????

steve f
08-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Dont do or watch much football but seems to me they have gone backwards since beckam got the boot rooney is just a spoiled child on the pitch having tantrums the only player that is any good that they have is ryan giggs all the others are just big names hyped up by the press :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hazy
08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I reckon their long golden era is definately over now, you're right Becks leaving was the catalyst for the gradual collapse of the club

tonyh
08-12-2005, 10:03 AM
we're gonna win...ronny will put a hat trick past his old foes.

I'd say we're a defensive midfielder(gatusso) and a central defender away from being world beaters again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

F328NVL
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Total debt raised for Buyout = approx 240m

Yield 5%
(its US$ Denominated and has some bells and whistles attached that keep the running yield down)

Total annual interest Bill = 12m (half paid half rolled up, so cash 6m)

Earnings lost from Champions League = (say) 4-8m
Earnings lost from UEFA CUP = 1-2m

Man Utd are heading for deep financial trouble unless they pay down the junk bonds the Glasiers raised, fast.

I'd sell Giggs in January if I was FD, Scholes would be second on the list, followed by Saha.

JG

GrahamS
08-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Total debt raised for Buyout = approx 240m

Yield 5%
(its US$ Denominated and has some bells and whistles attached that keep the running yield down)

Total annual interest Bill = 12m (half paid half rolled up, so cash 6m)

Earnings lost from Champions League = (say) 4-8m
Earnings lost from UEFA CUP = 1-2m

Man Utd are heading for deep financial trouble unless they pay down the junk bonds the Glasiers raised, fast.

I'd sell Giggs in January if I was FD, Scholes would be second on the list, followed by Saha.

JG
They reckon the figure lost from not being in the Champions League is closer to 15m :shocked:

A308 MAN
08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't think so.
I posted here a few weeks previous, and quoted my dissapointment in the lack of talent within the united squad.
However, watching the reserves regularly and recently (following my state of house arrest) my opinion has changed. There is an abundance of good young talent coming through the ranks.
Perhaps the reason Ferguson is hanging on, is simply to bring these young chaps through into the first team, as I'm sure we are not going to see a great team for a year or two. If he is not going to bow out with a second euro cup, maybe him leaving with a young and potentially trophy winning side blossoming will prove a satisfactory "second best".
Great football sides evolve, dominate and dissappear over a short period of time. History proves this. United dominated virtually the whole of the nineties. Arsenal came through shortly after with a strong side, and i feel fergy took time out to rebuild, fully aware that he had a season or two to play around, whilst arsenal topped the charts. Fergys' plan didn't quite work ... the side was good, but not great.
We currently see a similar scenario with Chelsea. although Arsenal seem to be content with hanging to their old guard.
Ferguson now has a season or two to bring these young lads through and develop another great side, to coincide with the inevitable demise of Chelsea.
(unless the board decide to sack him !)
A little like gambling on the futures market ?

cheers, d

Musicman360
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
They reckon the figure lost from not being in the Champions League is closer to 15m :shocked:

and utd are also seeking a sponsor to replace vodafone who have terminated their 9m per season shirt deal.

looks like the glazers will have to make some major revisions to their cash flow planning for the next year or so...i don't think anyone (even the most anti - utd football fans) really saw the possibility of them failing to qualify for the last 16 of the champ league.

steve f
08-12-2005, 11:48 AM
they should get ferrari to sponser them as they dont win anything anymore so to losers together might make a winner:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bromers
08-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Dave - he's a very brave man if he's gambling his and the clubs future on the progression of the youth team into a European beating team. Unfortunately this day and age you need to buy quality into your team, don't think you can wholly rely upon the Youth team.

Rick

A308 MAN
08-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Dave - he's a very brave man if he's gambling his and the clubs future on the progression of the youth team into a European beating team. Unfortunately this day and age you need to buy quality into your team, don't think you can wholly rely upon the Youth team.

Rick
where will the cash come from ?

Bromers
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
That's the problem now.

Rick

tonyh
08-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Pampers?? :tongue:

GrahamS
08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
They'll have to put up the prices of the prawn sandwiches

noony
08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
the glazers assumed we would only reach the first knockout round, so only have a shortfall of £2.5 mill, and our new sponsorship deal will be more lucrative than the previous one.

we've got the 2 best young players in the world, along with some other very good ones, and 2 new midfielders, a new centra back(vidic) and some decent fullback cover and we're away again.

we're still gonna win the league :laugh:

BTW, they've taken part of the roof off at old trafford now for the expansion to 75000 - and put in the foundations for further expansion to 100000 in the future - chelsea can't even sell out 40000 :laugh:

stevew
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
we've got the 2 best young players in the world,

I presume one is Roony,who's the other

noony
08-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I presume one is Roony,who's the other
roony, who's he? :wink3:

ronaldo, wo-oh, ronaldo wo-oh

who needs mourinho, we've got wayne roonio

Hazy
08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
we're still gonna win the league :laugh:

you're right, that statement is a laugh Nonny.

I would'nt make comparisons with Chelsea dude, IMO they have the stength in depth and the depth of pocket to dominate the English (and probably European) game for many many years to come. They seem to have a real team spirit which is now sadly lacking in Man Utd, who just seem to me to be a team of overpaid journeymen. Getting rid of Keano was the final nail in the coffin.

noony
08-12-2005, 06:51 PM
who just seem to me to be a team of overpaid journeymen

that's exactly what chelsea are. they have 2 players who came through the ranks, john terry and........glen johnson :grin: :grin:

don't forget, they've got a 6 point suspended deduction hanging over their heads, which means we'll be able to take it easy in the last 5 games of the season ;)

stevew
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM
ronaldo, wo-oh, ronaldo wo-oh

LOL,you not serious,he will never be world class,yes,the guy has skill but he hasn't grasped that he has 10 other players on his team.

noony
08-12-2005, 06:59 PM
LOL,you not serious,he will never be world class,yes,the guy has skill but he hasn't grasped that he has 10 other players on his team.
disagree...besides, I'd rather watch him than trevor sinclair :laugh:

stevew
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
disagree...besides, I'd rather watch him than trevor sinclair :laugh:

:laugh: Nah,Trev doesn't trip up over every blade of grass like Ronny:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bromers
08-12-2005, 09:23 PM
that's exactly what chelsea are. they have 2 players who came through the ranks, john terry and........glen johnson :grin: :grin:

don't forget, they've got a 6 point suspended deduction hanging over their heads, which means we'll be able to take it easy in the last 5 games of the season ;)

Funny old game - pay someone an extra 50k and lose 6 points (potentially)

Rick

tonyh
09-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Ferguson must go;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/12/09/sfnutd09.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/12/09/ixsporttop.html

Man Utd just not good enough in final analysis;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/12/09/sfnman09.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/12/09/ixsporttop.html