PDA

View Full Version : The 'Porter cable' process ??

RJR
25-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I just purchased a porter cable and some Menzerna Final Finish etc... im not quite sure of the processes, i know how to use the machine, i was just wondering once you've gone over the car using the machine with the final finish, whats the final process? waxing? if so what would be recommended, and how would i apply it? many thanks,

Rob

WillW
25-03-2007, 11:35 AM
This should help a bit:
http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=47

:thumbsup:

Dave Z
26-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Rob,
give me a bell when you've got 5 minutes and i'll run through it with you,
Cheers
Dave 07970 713062

RJR
27-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks Dave, will try to buzz ya tonight if thats ok... Rob

Hot_Rick
02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Rob,
give me a bell when you've got 5 minutes and i'll run through it with you,
Cheers
Dave 07970 713062

I have bought a PC 7424 complete with spare white polishing pad. It does not come with any "bonnets" or backing plate. Can I just squirt polish onto the white polishing pad and start polishing then simply wipe away any residue with a lint free cloth, or do I have to put polish on with one pad and remove with another? I am not trying to become a professional detailer, just put a nice shine on the paintwork :grin:

Dave Z
02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
rick ,you need to get some different pads , i'm just off out now , so i'll post up some details tomorrow:thumbsup:

Just out of interest , I've been thinking of offering days training for you guys with PC and megs polishers , anyone up for it ?

barabus
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I just purchased a porter cable and some Menzerna Final Finish etc... im not quite sure of the processes, i know how to use the machine, i was just wondering once you've gone over the car using the machine with the final finish, whats the final process? waxing? if so what would be recommended, and how would i apply it? many thanks,

RobI wet through this Rob with Daves help so this may help

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16880&highlight=full+monty

Hot_Rick
03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
rick ,you need to get some different pads , i'm just off out now , so i'll post up some details tomorrow:thumbsup:

Just out of interest , I've been thinking of offering days training for you guys with PC and megs polishers , anyone up for it ?

Thanks. Appreciated. Can I do any harm if I just use the white pads that come with it?