PDA

View Full Version : costs and alternatives

goldsax
13-05-2007, 05:09 PM
getting delivery of a Tdf 456m on Wednesday. i am having the interior and exterior 'permaguarded?'. having seen the amazing polishing done by zymol products(daveZ to be precise) i am under the impression that the cost will run into 4 figure sums.
if costs are huge are there any other polishing products or detailing firms out there that achieve a reasonably close result.
thanks

tonyh
13-05-2007, 05:15 PM
if you're having exterior permaguarded there's no need to polish it, just wash and allow to dry .

spidermanUK
13-05-2007, 05:26 PM
We all like you to think that Dave costs a fortune, it stops his diary filling up so that some of us can get him round at a moment's notice to perform emergency bird poo removal, but in truth, I think you may be surprised how inexpensive his services are, especially if you commit to regular visits :wink3:

Dave Z
13-05-2007, 05:26 PM
getting delivery of a Tdf 456m on Wednesday. i am having the interior and exterior 'permaguarded?'. having seen the amazing polishing done by zymol products(daveZ to be precise) i am under the impression that the cost will run into 4 figure sums.
if costs are huge are there any other polishing products or detailing firms out there that achieve a reasonably close result.
thanks

Where did you get 4 figue sums from old shoe:laugh:
The maintenance contracts can cost between 800 and 1500 a year but for a one off paint correction and Zymol Royale application your looking at 500 , thats for a 2 day job (15 to 25 hours depending on condition),
The polymer/acrylic sealents available today (permaguard , life shine , diomond brite etc) work well , they put a nice shine on and protect the car from dirt etc , but they mask over the imperfections (swirls etc)
Paint correction gets rid of the imperfections and then the Royale enhances the finish and protects the paint from bird 5h1t , road grime etc.

We did roughnecks 360 yesterday ,
http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14638
that had been done previously with a polymer sealent product , ask him about the difference:thumbsup:

PS Congrats on the 456

Roughneck
13-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Difference is like chuffin Vera Duckworth or Carmen Electra :thumbsup:

We did roughnecks 360 yesterday ,
http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14638
that had been done previously with a polymer sealent product , ask him about the difference:thumbsup:

PS Congrats on the 456

goldsax
13-05-2007, 05:47 PM
:hide: ohhh i shouldn't believe all the urban myths.....

the car is in TdF with creme interior.
i need the interior protected due to school trips and lunches. from what gray Paul tell me weather i have the interior done individually or in conjunction with the exterior the cost is the same...( or am i falling for another myth?)

i would love to get that DEEP DEEP shine that i see in the pics posted. i presume that Dave (zymol) is the way ahead.. any help with the leather protection ???

goldsax
13-05-2007, 05:50 PM
wowwwwww.:shocked: :shocked:
just seen roughneck's treatment..
i am convinced...:thumbsup:
does that mean i should not have the exterior permagaurded?

Murph7355
13-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Difference is like chuffin Vera Duckworth or Carmen Electra :thumbsup:
OK, so I can see Dave as VD. So who's the CE?

spidermanUK
13-05-2007, 06:30 PM
gray Paul tell me weather i have the interior done individually or in conjunction with the exterior the cost is the same...( or am i falling for another myth?)

I think you may have misinterpreted what they said, I read your statement as "they do interior, exterior or both and the price is the same regardless" I think what they actually mean is "if you have the interior done it costs "x", if you have the exterior done it costs "y" if you have them both done at the same time the price is x+y, i.e. no discount!

I think you'll appreciate the difference with what Dave does!

He's done 4 cars for me EVERY month for the past year under a contract, and I've just renewed for the forthcoming year! :thumbsup:

goldsax
13-05-2007, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=spidermanUK;236014]I think you may have misinterpreted what they said, I read your statement as "they do interior, exterior or both and the price is the same regardless" I think what they actually mean is "if you have the interior done it costs "x", if you have the exterior done it costs "y" if you have them both done at the same time the price is x+y, i.e. no discount!

Gray Paul policy: the cost of interior is x( about 300ish) and the cost of interior and exterior is still x( about 300ish)!!!!!

some help here please!!!

spidermanUK
13-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Gray Paul policy: the cost of interior is x( about 300ish) and the cost of interior and exterior is still x( about 300ish)!!!!!

some help here please!!!

Well in that case tell them to just do the exterior 'cos they obviously don't think it's worth charging for! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

At least one Main Dealer is offering Zymol for what "seems" a reasonable price, i.e. very similar to what Dave appears to charge EXCEPT they don't do the paint correction (which is vital) AND they use Ital wax not Royale!

Any dealer offering these services will be sub-contracting the work and taking a HEALTHY margin!:thumbsdow

As for Graypaul's policy, as I've stated before, I think you've misinterpreted it, it simply doesn't add up, but I stand to be corrected! :wink3:

Dave Z
13-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Guys ,
whatever you do , dont be fooled into putting these sealants on your leather interiors.:thumbsdow
Leather needs to breathe and has to be fed with oils , these sealants end up drying the leather out in the long run
We use Gliptone as most of you know , you're always better cleaning marks off than trying to stop them with chemicals:thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLIPTONE-LIQUID-LEATHER-CAR-SEAT-CLEANER-CONDITIONER_W0QQitemZ160115764176QQihZ006QQcategor yZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fraccie
13-05-2007, 09:57 PM
May I suggest that any doubters Check this thread out (http://www.fcars.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13865)......:thumbsup:

tonyh
13-05-2007, 09:57 PM
dave,
any specilaist products for alcantara?

JRS
13-05-2007, 10:03 PM
dave,
any specilaist products for alcantara?
this may help