PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Zymol=

tonyh
02-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Do we know this seller from Fchat?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=21383

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZYMOL-VINTAGE-WAX-FERRARI-PORSCHE-BMW-MERCEDES_W0QQitemZ8010785261QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

Terry
02-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I bought one of his auctions on ebay. It was as described and arrived no problem.

tonyh
02-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I bought one of his auctions on ebay. It was as described and arrived no problem.

Thanks, looks like he's kosher then.

Dave Z
02-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Actually Tony, he isn,t He is buying the kits from the states and braking them down and selling them on. It makes me smile that he slags off "Zymol's silly prices" on F chat but is quite happy to make a profit from unauthorised sales of their waxes.
I haven got a problem with buying a kit and splitting it up, it's a great way of getting hold of the top waxes, but I'd advise to get them from an authorised seller as they're unconditionally guaranteed

tonyh
03-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Dave,
what is diff in prices?

angelboy
03-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I saw his ad a few weeks ago.
I'm not sure (and I can't be ****d looking again!) but I think the full kits were 175 for the 3 waxes and the usual Zymol cloths and stuff. He was selling the waxes for the same as the kits.................but without all the extra stuff! One wax went for 75 and two of the same went for 100.

I can't see the US versions being any different to the UK ones.

Terry
03-11-2005, 01:32 PM
With the greatest of respect to Dave, what does an unconditional guarantee offer? I have not yet used the items (Concoures/HD Cleanse/microcloth) I bought from him (no car). The wax looks OK to me but how would I know it isn't. Does the wax performance (application or shine) change as it ages/deteriorates and how would I know to make a warranty claim. The price varies because it is a no reserve auction and hard to draw direct comparison but seemed cheaper than normal advertised prices I've seen.

Angelis
03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I purchased the sampler kit from www.johnswax.co.uk a couple of weeks ago for £179 inc vat. I gave my mate a tub of Destiny and the two bottles of clear and HD cleanse.

I of course kept the Vintage and Atlantique.

In my opinion, the sampler kit is the best value product in the whole zymol range.

And I do apply it myself.

:D

stevew
03-11-2005, 02:39 PM
In my opinion, the sampler kit is the best value product in the whole zymol range.

And I do apply it to myself.

:D

Isn't baby oil cheaper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave Z
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
To Answer a few questions,
The Zymol unconditional guarantee basically means that if you use it and aren't happy with the finish then they will give you a full refund on your money,no quibbles, I doubt if you buy things from an unauthorised seller that they would do this.
As far as quality is concerned there is no difference between the products that you buy from the states compared to the UK , only that sometimes it can work out cheaper to buy from over there,
As I've said before the sample kits are a good way of trying out the higher grade waxes at a reasonable cost , I dont have a problem with anyone going down that route,I do have a problem with unauthorised sellers importing the kits , braking them down and selling them for a profit, surely it would be a better idea to buy a kit from a UK seller and split it amongst yourselves

actioncandy
04-11-2005, 11:13 AM
The problem here is not with the seller but Zymol UK who should be stopping the sales of this import product in the UK. You should have a chat with your rep and explain why you feel you are not being offered the support and pricing you need because the more popular the products become the more people will become confident in using it themself.

Zymol UK should be made aware that EBAY has more fake items than any other platform in the world and there product is an ideal target as its aneasy to produce , high value item

spidermanUK
04-11-2005, 11:25 AM
To Answer a few questions,
The Zymol unconditional guarantee basically means that if you use it and aren't happy with the finish then they will give you a full refund on your money,no quibbles, I doubt if you buy things from an unauthorised seller that they would do this.

But by implication Dave, this guarantee is worthless....................................calm down, calm down............. it's worthless, because everyone acknowledges that Zymol is the best product, and therefore no one should be unhappy with the results if it's used correctly!:oops:

It seems to me that you aren't "interested" in simply selling the product, but more in providing the application service, which everyone says you do very well. If your business was supply-only, then I could see you'd have little choice but to parallel import for yourself, but as that doesn't seem to be your core business, and I'm sure you get other benefits from your franchise/agency, then maybe you just have to accept these irritations!

BTW I'll contact you shortly re my 355:thumbsup:

Dave Z
04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah , I suppose I should accept it, its a part of life, I should imagine that every industry in the world has to deal with people "jumping on the bandwagon" and making money off the back of a product or companies reputation.
I'm just gonna fart in his general direction and get on with what I do best:laugh:

Angelis
04-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Isn't baby oil cheaper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't be silly. Why on earth would you use baby oil!!!!!

A good application of oil of Ulay would do wonders.

:laugh:

angelboy
04-11-2005, 02:36 PM

Does it make your car look younger as well?

I might try it to see if I can get a F430 out of mine. You'd have to go through a F355 before you got to a 360...............:laugh:

gtcjohn
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
The problem here is not with the seller but Zymol UK........... who should be stopping the sales of this import product in the UK.

I agree with the first part of your statement but not necessarily the second.

The problem is differential pricing in different markets. Zymol UK can get away with higher prices so they charge them, and have to accept that this may encourage parallel (and unofficial) imports. They could easily kill off the problem by cutting their prices.

From their point of view, however, they have to incur VAT, the cost of promoting the brand and maintaining stocks. There is also the issue of longer term pricing - grey imports are cheap while the dollar is weak, but things could change, and if Zymol UK are looking for long term business development they can't afford to keep moving the price. And of course, who is to say that the 'el cheapo' route will last!

The days of suppliers manipulating outlets should now be over, with EC competition law and US anti trust law, although at the moment the authorities' attention is inevitably focussed on big players and not relatively small businesses.

Oh, and by the way, I agree theat Zymol products are the best!

John

WillW
09-11-2005, 01:37 PM
If necessary taxes etc. are paid, I think grey importing is excellent way to keep prices at a reasonable level for customers. I really can't see why we should protect Zymol UK here because we are are not doing that for other products we buy either. I will definately try Zymol and I know it's a very good product, but one thing is for sure that it's heavily overpriced here. :mad:

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:34 PM

**** im on the Vasaline:huh: :huh: :huh: :laugh: :laugh: