PDA

View Full Version : Car Cleaning in Herts

PVJ
27-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm new to the club, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I'm looking for someone to detail my 430 when i get back from a 3000 mile jaunt around europe, and have come up with either Protective Car Coatings (Ian) who has recommended a diamondbrite treatment, or Gleam Auto Valeting (Daniel Morris), who will do the full Zymol treatment. Does anyone have experience of either company or treatment, and what is best? I am in Herts. Thanks

F328GTS
27-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm new to the club, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I'm looking for someone to detail my 430 when i get back from a 3000 mile jaunt around europe, and have come up with either Protective Car Coatings (Ian) who has recommended a diamondbrite treatment, or Gleam Auto Valeting (Daniel Morris), who will do the full Zymol treatment. Does anyone have experience of either company or treatment, and what is best? I am in Herts. Thanks

Hi Phil and welcome.

There is only man for the job - Dave Z from Sports Car Protection, sponsor of this site. Does loads of members cars to a fantastically high standard. :thumbsup:

Stewart 430 Scud
27-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Phill, i live in north London Dave Z has been looking after my cars for over two years. In my opinion he is the best in the business.

spidermanUK
27-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Glad you've posted Phil! Welcome to CS! As Stewart and Nigel have said, there's only one choice.....Dave! He's done 4 cars a month for me for the last year, and he's already booked to do them for the coming year:thumbsup:

There are very few detailers apart from Dave who have the ultimate wax, Zymol Royale, and that's what you need to use if you want truly spectacular results!

Here's before and after pics of my 355 and one of my 430:

Fraccie
27-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Dave did my 23 year old Mondial, it was full of swirls and small scratches. The result was even more remarkable on my older car than the newer ones.

The whole saga and pictures (http://www.fcars.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13865) are here.

I cannot recommend Dave highly enough....:thumbsup:

Ravi 355
27-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Phil I use to live in St Albans and Dave came out monthly to do my cars. You wil not find a better guy for the job. BTW welcome to CS :)

PVJ
27-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks Guys. I have e-mailed him to see what he recommends. Zymol seems to be the way forward! Think the car will need some TLC after I've lived in it for 2 weeks and 3,000 miles!

PVJ
27-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Dave of Sports Car Protection has just left after 9 hours hard labour on my 430. 2,500 miles round Europe last week is now a distant memory - the car looks unbelievable! I have never had a car "detailed" before, and was admittedly sceptical. The car looks stunning - big thank you to Dave for his hard work today.

F328GTS
27-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Dave of Sports Car Protection has just left after 9 hours hard labour on my 430. 2,500 miles round Europe last week is now a distant memory - the car looks unbelievable! I have never had a car "detailed" before, and was admittedly sceptical. The car looks stunning - big thank you to Dave for his hard work today.

Any pics?

Robgvx
07-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Dave Z. No question.

As far as I'm aware, I 'found' him as far as this forum (and the other one) goes. I remember searching through Zymol's site for someone to apply the Zymol system and I gave him a call. I sang his praises here (or actually it was on FChat at the time) and lots of people took the mick for using a detailer to do the Zymol thing rather than DIY.

Couple of years later and everyone is using him. All his work is by recommendation and as far as I am concerned, he's the man.

Rob