PDA

View Full Version : A new contender for the worst PPF job ever

paintshield
27-06-2007, 11:38 PM
OK Guys I am ashamed for my industry with this one, and I think its time the film manufacturer concerned issued a quality/satisfaction guarantee to stop this kind of insanity.

Yet again I will spare the installers blushes but in case this guy steps up to claim ownership anyone want to speculate on what happened here?

This customer paid 680 for a standard kit (thank god they did not try full frontal) on a brand new RB 320 and he turned up at our place with a mate from the same owners club who was having his RB320 done.

just so we are clear I am not dissing competition in general, good competition I can live with (and appreciate) but dear lord please pick another line of work:mad: :mad: :mad: This is coming back to us next week to be done correctly fingers crossed there are no cuts in the paint.

This is a SMALL selection of the issues this film supposedly has NO orange peel MMMM (maybe its a trick of the light) he also appears to have melted the film in one area (i have NO idea how) and yes on one of these pics the brown staining is UNDER the film!!:shocked: :shocked:

Cheers

Tom

barabus
28-06-2007, 08:05 AM
OK Guys I am ashamed for my industry with this one, and I think its time the film manufacturer concerned issued a quality/satisfaction guarantee to stop this kind of insanity.

Yet again I will spare the installers blushes but in case this guy steps up to claim ownership anyone want to speculate on what happened here?

This customer paid 680 for a standard kit (thank god they did not try full frontal) on a brand new RB 320 and he turned up at our place with a mate from the same owners club who was having his RB320 done.

just so we are clear I am not dissing competition in general, good competition I can live with (and appreciate) but dear lord please pick another line of work:mad: :mad: :mad: This is coming back to us next week to be done correctly fingers crossed there are no cuts in the paint.

This is a SMALL selection of the issues this film supposedly has NO orange peel MMMM (maybe its a trick of the light) he also appears to have melted the film in one area (i have NO idea how) and yes on one of these pics the brown staining is UNDER the film!!:shocked: :shocked:

Cheers

TomFquk me that's terrible, whats the hells that V-shape cut out for?????
How can this happen:huh: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

SteveP
28-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Fquk me that's terrible, whats the hells that V-shape cut out for?????
How can this happen:huh: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

middle of bumper by looks of it mate

Fraccie
28-06-2007, 09:10 AM
What is a RB320....:huh:

SteveP
28-06-2007, 09:13 AM
What is a RB320....:huh:

a scooby you fkcuking nunpty, if it aint a sheite box your lost

Fraccie
28-06-2007, 09:14 AM
a scooby you fkcuking nunpty, if it aint a sheite box your lost

I stand guilty of said charge.....:thumbsup:

SteveP
28-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I stand guilty of said charge.....:thumbsup:

lol :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SteveP
28-06-2007, 09:15 AM
the rb320 has something in common with your car, it'll probably have blue hoses too :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

Fraccie
28-06-2007, 09:39 AM
the rb320 has something in common with your car, it'll probably have blue hoses too :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

bet it has`nt got as much rust though....:smug:

barabus
28-06-2007, 10:32 AM
bet it has`nt got as much rust though....:smug:

Dear Fracious Git,

If you are erected to committee member status could you please learn to put the apostrophe the correct way round, this is a habitual failing of yours and one that I find immensley distasteful, please see below for examples of right and wrong:-

has`nt =wrong

has'nt = right

I hope you are not offended, but if so feel free to tell me to ***** off and I will not take offense :thumbsup:

GrahamS
28-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Dear Fracious Git,

If you are erected to committee member status could you please learn to put the apostrophe the correct way round, this is a habitual failing of yours and one that I find immensley distasteful, please see below for examples of right and wrong:-

has`nt =wrong

has'nt = right

I hope you are not offended, but if so feel free to tell me to ***** off and I will not take offense :thumbsup:
I think you'll find that it's "hasn't":laugh:

Fraccie
28-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Dear Fracious Git,

has`nt =wrong

has'nt = right

Duly noted Somin, I shall endeavour to sort my act out if elected to the giddy heights of the committee....:)

barabus
28-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Duly noted Somin, I shall endeavour to sort my act out if elected to the giddy heights of the committee....:)

`Hallellujah`

Fraccie
28-06-2007, 10:38 AM
`Hallellujah`

It`s not set in stone though. My mind has'nt bin made up yet...:grin:

SteveP
28-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I think you'll find that it's hasn't:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Iain
28-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I think you'll find that it's hasn't:laugh:

I'd say so !!! :thumbsup:

tiganut
28-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Offense:huh: Sure you dont mean offence?:wink3: :hide:

Bruce
28-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Dear Fracious Git,

has`nt =wrong

has'nt = right

LOVE IT:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

paintshield
28-06-2007, 01:09 PM
LOVE IT:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

LOL Pot Kettle Black methinks (says one of the biggest offenders on here):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jtremlett
28-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Dear Fracious Git,

has`nt =wrong

has'nt = right

I hope you are not offended, but if so feel free to tell me to ***** off and I will not take offense :thumbsup:At least if you're going to correct other people's English you ought to make sure your correction is correct:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Graham is, of course, correct. The apostrophe replaces the missing letter thus "has not" becomes "hasn't", "did not" becomes "didn't" etc.:dude:

Jonathan

barabus
28-06-2007, 01:25 PM
At least if you're going to correct other people's English you ought to make sure your correction is correct:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Graham is, of course, correct. The apostrophe replaces the missing letter thus "has not" becomes "hasn't", "did not" becomes "didn't" etc.:dude:

Jonathan:upyours: :upyours: =bolloc`ks

quite right though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stevew
28-06-2007, 01:29 PM
:upyours: :upyours: =bolloc`ks

quite right though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

actually Si, your wrong again, it should be bollo'ks:thumbsup: remember the apostrophe replaces a letter:thumbsup:

barabus
28-06-2007, 01:30 PM
actually Si, your wrong again, it should be bollo'ks:thumbsup: remember the apostrophe replaces a letter:thumbsup:Sometim`s I think my SOH is totally lost on here :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

jtremlett
28-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Sometim`s I think my SOH is totally lost on here :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:Probably just as well:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jonathan

stevew
28-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Sometim`s I think my SOH is totally lost on here :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

calm down, calm down, I know you meant to do it it on purpose:grin: you southerners, no sense oh humour:wink3: :tongue3: :laugh:

stevie g
29-06-2007, 08:12 PM
How did this post go from a awful application of stone chip protection to an english lesson:huh:

348KYD
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
How did this post go from a awful application of stone chip protection to an english lesson:huh:

Perhaps because both are as bad as each other?!!

Carlylove
02-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Why is is almost impossible to tell where the pictures are supposed to be of?

I have a fair idea but it is like one of those competitions where a sponge like substance turns out to be your scrotum.

Fraccie
02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I have a fair idea but it is like one of those competitions where a sponge like substance turns out to be your scrotum.

Carl, could you give us a bit more info on these competitions, on second thoughts ,maybe not.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paintshield
03-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Why is is almost impossible to tell where the pictures are supposed to be of?

Classy response, clearly close in photographs render precise locational references impossible, however What I can tell you is we now know there was extensive damage to the paint, pictures shortly, most of the above were on the bumper with other damage on the bonnet this from a so-called computer cad kit from a heavilly advertised competitor, Interestingly one of the features of the patented adhesive is it doesn't leave residue when removed mmmmmm :grin:

paintshield
03-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Heres what we found when we took the Film off the car, Customer was very ticked off (not surprised) and the Car dealer is I understand incandescent, although I have a a no name and shame approach to this stuff, I have mixed feelings on this one TBH as I do wonder how many other cars like this from this guy are out there.

Another "custom job" and I suppose this guy tells people he cuts off the car not on the paint (doesnt look that way) film was removed with the customer present so there can be no allegation of "tampering" either. From the first batch of pictures it was pretty obvious mind that the paint had been damaged, if you know what to look for.

We found about a fifteen seperate cuts in the paint on the Bumper, Bonnet, Headlamps etc.
Someone will be getting a BIG bill soon methinks (hope they are insured).:shocked: :shocked: :wink3:

On the bonnet and the wings you can see the adhesive left behind when the "residue free film" was removed not that it is a big deal when you know what to do but to claim in ads and on websites it wont do this when it clearly does has to throw every claim they make into question IMHO :thumbsdow :laugh:

The white line you see on the wing is where the adhesive residue ends, what you cant seen on the bonnet is where the edge line is, when the film was removed we found a seven inch score mark in the paint right on the edge of that line :mad: :cry3:

The Manufacturer concerned either needs to clean house, or retrain as this kind of thing hurts the whole industry, so called "BULK FILM" custom Jobs, or "pattern modifications in the field" really means what you see above, its time these people went elsewhere IMHO. :cry3:

Bottom Line if someone does this to a car the Owner should sue not just for the respray but the added depreciation as a result of the respray due to the extensive damage to the paint IMHO:shocked: :shocked:

Cheers

Tom

marky1
03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Don't really understand the point of posting this and then not naming them so at least people can benefit from knowing not to go there - I mean otherwise what's the point in showing it? We all know that somewhere there will be someone doing crap work.....

paintshield
03-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Its an understanding I have with committee members on most forums as it could put them in an awkward position VIS A VIS Nuiscance claims and such, also even though I dont name them its not hard to find out usually :) I can always be called up or e-mailed off the board :)

Addittionally it serves as a warning that in THIS industry all is not as it appears and that it pays to check the operation out thoroughly:cry3:

Not to mention my frustration in clearing up after these sorts of guys:mad:

Cheers

Tom

Carlylove
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Note to self - Must make posts classy:laugh:

marky1
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Its an understanding I have with committee members on most forums as it could put them in an awkward position VIS A VIS Nuiscance claims and such, also even though I dont name them its not hard to find out usually :) I can always be called up or e-mailed off the board :)

Addittionally it serves as a warning that in THIS industry all is not as it appears and that it pays to check the operation out thoroughly:cry3:

Not to mention my frustration in clearing up after these sorts of guys:mad:

Cheers

Tom

Fair enough explanation - cheers.

paintshield
25-07-2007, 03:35 PM
OK Here is an extract from the installation instructions from the film supplier in this case, this is what really annoys me as it leads to what happened here and other examples. This is so not needed with good designs and skilled installers.

I guess people should ask to see the Installation instructions nowadays issued to distributors as well as satisfying themselves that they are insured. :(

"Excess Film Removal:
Following completion of installation it may occasionally be required to remove excess film. This should be done using a sharp blade as earlier recommended.
The film only requires the top surface to be scored, this will allow easy separation and avoid causing damage to the underlying paintwork. Wherever possible it is recommended that the film to be trimmed is lifted away from the panel and trimmed before re adhering.
(Caution should be taken whenever trimming the film in place, always ensure that a fresh blade is used and only apply the minimum amount of pressure to avoid paintwork damage!)

And Another

"4. Where excess material is to be folded around hood edges it is necessary that you remove a triangle of film from any 90-degree corners to avoid excess material gathering underneath. Do this by lifting the material away from the panel and trimming diagonally across the corner before repairing.6. If there are large quantities of excess material when folding complete you can remove this back to a suitable fixing point by trimming with a fresh blade.

The annoying thing is that this should NEVER be needed, for any organisation to sanction condone or otherwise encourage, use of a blade on or near paintwork is no longer acceptable. The solution is simple do better designs :cry3:

I have an astounding e-mail on this subject from a former distributor of these guys who admits cutting on the car for 3 years!!!!!!!!:shocked:

:mad: :grin: :grin:

rant off :)

Cheers

Tom

spidermanUK
25-07-2007, 03:54 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the "dealer fit" protection film that's listed on the factory options looks like on the 430 Scuderia......... unless you've got the contract Tom? :wink3:

paintshield
25-07-2007, 09:57 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the "dealer fit" protection film that's listed on the factory options looks like on the 430 Scuderia......... unless you've got the contract Tom? :wink3:

No that ones not ours, that will be interesting though as dealers really cant fit this otherwise it will be a deal with a film manufacturer who will use a nominated installers :)

thats where the whole thing comes apart clive as it depends on the accuracy of the design and the skills of the installer.

WE have someone really interesting with us all week but I cant talk about it yet I will as soon as I am allowed :)

Cheers

Tom