PDA

View Full Version : Got my car Zymoled (Royalle) taday

355fiorano
19-12-2005, 10:07 PM
A big thank you to Dave Zymol (current forum waxing expert) who spent 12hrs doing my car today. I left the car with him in the morning before dawn and when I returned at 7pm he was still at it. Unfortunately I could not admire the car in all its glory as it was in the car park with halogen lighting. What i can surely say is that it is positively gleaming even under the artificial lighting and the TDF colour has taken on a darker and deeper shine. I'll take some pics over the weekend in the sunlight to show it off :thumbsup:

Hud
19-12-2005, 10:11 PM
A big thank you to Dave Zymol (current forum waxing expert) who spent 12hrs doing my car today. I left the car with him in the morning before dawn and when I returned at 7pm he was still at it. Unfortunately I could not admire the car in all its glory as it was in the car park with halogen lighting. What i can surely say is that it is positively gleaming even under the artificial lighting and the TDF colour has taken on a darker and deeper shine. I'll take some pics over the weekend in the sunlight to show it off :thumbsup:

that guy must be knackered! hes at mine 6.30am tomorrow.

barabus
19-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Personally part of the fun of owning a ferrari I find is polishing it yourself and its a hell of a lot cheaper:thumbsup:

Hud
19-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Personally part of the fun of owning a ferrari I find is polishing it yourself and its a hell of a lot cheaper:thumbsup:

just cant get that finish tho.

barabus
19-12-2005, 10:20 PM
just cant get that finish tho.

You havent seen mine lately:shocked:

355fiorano
19-12-2005, 10:40 PM

I really hate polishing. I wish I liked it, I really do, as I completely get your point on cost. On the other hand I personally would never splash out £6k for wax or get the finish to such a high standard. Dave also gave the interior a clean, nourished the leather and also gave the engine a once over too :thumbsup:

355fiorano
19-12-2005, 10:44 PM

He told me he was coming to you tomorrow. I tell you what mate, he still looked as fresh at 7pm as he did in the morning :grin:

trax
19-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I would love to get my car done, but I fear that there is nowhere near enough space in my garage to be able to polish the car.
Fine if itís nice weather, it can be done outside

So is it possible to book the wax on a weather-permitting basis?

Otherwise I guess I could leave the car in the underground work car park, but I fear that might be the equivalent of smoking 50 fags
:cry3:

Hazy
19-12-2005, 11:34 PM
He told me he was coming to you tomorrow. I tell you what mate, he still looked as fresh at 7pm as he did in the morning :grin:

that coz he has a siesta for 5 hours in the middle of his day whilst you are at work...:D:D:D

just kiddin, top bloke is our dave:thumbsup:

355fiorano
20-12-2005, 12:16 AM
that coz he has a siesta for 5 hours in the middle of his day whilst you are at work...:D:D:D
just kiddin, top bloke is our dave:thumbsup:

Hmmmm .... better go and review those CCTV tapes. I know the car park manager :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

F1 JOE
20-12-2005, 10:48 AM

Dont let him in the garage m8:grin: :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

Dave Z
20-12-2005, 12:01 PM
I would love to get my car done, but I fear that there is nowhere near enough space in my garage to be able to polish the car.
Fine if itís nice weather, it can be done outside

So is it possible to book the wax on a weather-permitting basis?

Otherwise I guess I could leave the car in the underground work car park, but I fear that might be the equivalent of smoking 50 fags
:cry3:

No problems with doing them outside Douglas, i've got a fully encloseable marquee that I can bring with me

trax
20-12-2005, 01:41 PM
No problems with doing them outside Douglas, i've got a fully encloseable marquee that I can bring with me

That sounds good I'll give you a shout in the new year

Thinking about it though, I think I'll lend the car to my dad, his house has loads of room so it should be a bit easier than Central London

Hud
22-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Lets see the piccies then Philip:smile: Dave said you motor looked stunning, one of the best he's done..

355fiorano
22-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I have not had the chance to actually admire it yet in all its glory :cry: I tend to go to the office for about 7:30am and normally dont get back till 8:00pm+ I am not goign to get the oportunity to see it in sunlight until Saturday (I hope the weather is good). Also the garage I use is not very well lit so althouh i can tell the change in the depth of colour and i can see it being very shiny where the flourescent light hits on it I can't really get the TRUE picture.

I'm quite chuffed he said that about my car :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

F1 JOE
22-12-2005, 02:28 PM

What about yrs Rob

355fiorano
23-12-2005, 06:03 PM
I took the day off today, so armed with a camera, I went out to borrow some fitting scenery to show off DaveZymols' touch to Pininfarina's work.

355fiorano
23-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks again Dave :thumbsup:

355fiorano
23-12-2005, 06:41 PM

Dave Z
23-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks again Dave :thumbsup:

It was a pleasure mate,
I must say i have fallen in love with TDF blue , so much that I 'm gonna get the new works van painted in it in the new year:thumbsup:

Ravi 355
12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Looks lovely, where abouts did you take the pictures?

Gimme Fuel
13-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Awsome pics Philip :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Beautiful sourroundings

355fiorano
17-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Cheers guys. I went to Regents Park where there are some gorgeous houses and beautiful scenery and took a load of pics. What is quite funny is that when i was going to the gates in front of these houses, the guards would automatically open the gate without asking questions. Clearly seeing the car they thought I may be a friend of the guys living there :D