PDA

View Full Version : Permagard - THE RESULT ON MY 360!

360trev
24-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, I went and got my 360 Modena Permagard treated about a month ago now, since then I have done about 2k work of miles of Motorway driving, been left outside a hotel for a week and it has been washed with soapy water and jetwashed clean now several times.

The result is still quite astonishing! When I picked up my car after it spent the day being Permagard treated I was surprised, it looked showroom new but I wanted to wait a while before I gave my verdict. Here's a picture taken in the sun a few days ago.

The most amazing thing I still cannot get my head around is NO POLISHING and it has a MIRROR finish! Its just a quick jetwash, shammy off and put away in the garage! The finish really is surprising.

So, to all the doubters out there Permagard really does work, go and see it for yourself! I'm a convert and I will never polish another car again, yipee :)

Trev

tonyh
24-12-2005, 01:59 AM
It DOES look amazing . I'm really tempted myself .... :thumbsup:

360trev
24-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Go and see for yourself! I am a convert, check out this closer up piccy, its quite amazing, also the paint goes a much deeper colour of red, I am deeply impressed.

Trev

barabus
24-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Go and see for yourself! I am a convert, check out this closer up piccy, its quite amazing, also the paint goes a much deeper colour of red, I am deeply impressed.

Trev

Looks amazing Trev, do they do the whole car or is it just the front???

Oh and how much was it???

360trev
24-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Looks amazing Trev, do they do the whole car or is it just the front???

Oh and how much was it???

It did really turn out great. As for doing the front only, Lol, no they did the whole car :) . Check out ;

http://www.permagard.info/cars.htm

I got the entire car done, including interior, windows and interior in one go so I paid something like 200-ish. Cannot actually remember now :) will get my invoice out of the car. I belive just the exterior costs about 140. I was also impressed with the interior because not only did it smell like proper leather should it also removed that 'shiny' look, more matt, dull (like new) to view.

Overall the best money I spent on the car, especially now Optimax at some shell garages is now 1.03 Per Litre!!! Costs over 60 to fill up now!

Trev

Angelis
24-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Trev, keep us posted on how well it lasts over the year.

:thumbsup:

F1RGY
24-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Trev, keep us posted on how well it lasts over the year.

:thumbsup:

Dave have you come across this gear .Being a zymol man myself we would value your input ..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jonny5
24-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Great news, these guys are 10 minutes down the road from where I work

F1RGY
24-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Great news, these guys are 10 minutes down the road from where I work

Jonathan have you used it on one of your cars ?? any comments on how good it is ??:thumbsup:

barabus
25-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Jonathan have you used it on one of your cars ?? any comments on how good it is ??:thumbsup:

Ray you seem keen, can I have 1st refusal on your Vintage:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

F1RGY
25-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Ray you seem keen, can I have 1st refusal on your Vintage:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:
Sorry M8 sticking to Zymol i know it works :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

360trev
25-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Sorry M8 sticking to Zymol i know it works :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thats what I would have said until I 'saw the light' :)

When I was at Permagard I talked to the owner about another individual who was obsessed with Zymol's finest, the poor guy ended up flogging it on ebay after he saw the "error of his ways" (don't be offended, tongue in cheek!! LoL!), especially compared to the fact that no longer do you ever create swirl marks either.

Lets face it no matter how good *any* polish is it is compromised by the sheer action of rubbing the stuff onto bodywork. Lets face it your up against all manner of dirt in the atmosphere/air thats bound to be similar in effect to sandpaper when it mixes with the polish.

I sound like that commercial for head and shoulders, I just wanna wash and go, and now I can :) heh

What I would say is that if you do live close to them go over and see them in action. I was impressed and left feeling satisfied.

Trev

Hazy
25-12-2005, 07:52 PM
looks beautiful mate, glad you are pleased. I'd be interested to see your car next to mine to see how the shine stacks up against Daves Royale, I can't believe anything would be shinier, but i thought that about the vintage....:D:D:D

Jonny5
25-12-2005, 10:05 PM

I'm inbetween cars, last car was stolen from outside my house (no garage) - should complete on a new house with garage in a couple of months which I plan to fill with a Murcielago or a 6ltr Diablo... Will report as and when !

LazyLobster
27-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm inbetween cars, last car was stolen from outside my house (no garage) - should complete on a new house with garage in a couple of months which I plan to fill with a Murcielago or a 6ltr Diablo... Will report as and when !

Top man :thumbsup: Looking forward to the house warming party :grin: :grin:

RogerB
29-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I had mine done a couple of months ago now - been very pleased with it and 5 minutes with a jet wash is all that's required to get it back to normal. Photo attached (not a great one sadly)

I was a real zymol convert with my M5 (see attached), but frankly it was a pain to keep clean, so I have switched allegiance.

ric355
29-12-2005, 04:38 PM
especially compared to the fact that no longer do you ever create swirl marks either.

Lets face it no matter how good *any* polish is it is compromised by the sheer action of rubbing the stuff onto bodywork. Lets face it your up against all manner of dirt in the atmosphere/air thats bound to be similar in effect to sandpaper when it mixes with the polish.

Swirl marks are introduced during washing; the polishing is what is done to get them out. Unless the surface of the permagard is very very hard I would be surprised if you never create swirls again (unless you never need to wash it by hand).

Glad you're pleased with the results though - that is the most important thing.

Ric.

Jonny5
29-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Love the 550

RogerB
29-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks Jonny

F1 JOE
30-12-2005, 05:22 PM

Been in both and the Murci is the one id go for ??? However bit of a price difference i note:shocked: :shocked: :thumbsup:

subirg
11-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Trev - nice result. How does the process work? Do they clean the car back to bare paint, deal with surface imperfections and then treat? Or does the process work differently? Can it be applied to older cars or is it only for new cars with fresh paint?

Subir

360trev
21-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Trev - nice result. How does the process work? Do they clean the car back to bare paint, deal with surface imperfections and then treat? Or does the process work differently? Can it be applied to older cars or is it only for new cars with fresh paint?

Subir

I do not really know too much about how they did it, I left the car with them and spent the day in London's Canary Whalf shopping and eating :)

I do know though that they did have to remove ALL polish using chemical's (like a sort of tar spot remover I guess??). Once all polish was removed and all light surface scratches etc delt with they applied the magic stuff. All told they spent over 7 hours on the car (!). As for older cars, my car wasn't new but the paintwork was pretty good condition, had always been garaged, etc.

T

cgt
26-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Had three of my cars done, two more to do. Would not use any other product.

Angelis
26-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Had three of my cars done, two more to do. Would not use any other product.

Can you keep us updated on a regular basis as to the durability. :thumbsup:

Would be interesting to see how it wears long time.

cgt
27-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, my first car was done 11 months ago, and still looks fantastic. That is a Carbon Black BMW, a colour which would show every little scratch too.
Happy to post pictures of bonnet if you want to see.

tonyh
27-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Well, my first car was done 11 months ago, and still looks fantastic. That is a Carbon Black BMW, a colour which would show every little scratch too.
Happy to post pictures of bonnet if you want to see.

yes pls :thumbsup:

LazyLobster
27-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I've been on the blower to Mike Perry of Permagard and will be booking my car in, in a couple of weeks time. whilst I accept that the finish may not be as deep, wet looking as a Zymol wax job. I prefer to drive my car, rather than spend precious time at the weekend doing hours of cleaning work.

So, this option seems a good way for me to go.

R

cgt
27-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I've been on the blower to Mike Perry of Permagard and will be booking my car in, in a couple of weeks time. whilst I accept that the finish may not be as deep, wet looking as a Zymol wax job. I prefer to drive my car, rather than spend precious time at the weekend doing hours of cleaning work.

R

I actually think that the finish does look very deep and lustrous. I was the most sceptical when I first heard of this 'miracle' product. But honestly, it really does work. Aside from the ease and convenience of maintaining it, the paintwork is very smooth, there are no marks or scratches and all you need to do is have a service treatment once a year (the Ferrari will have two). On a 360 you can really see some of the details that otherwise dont really show, such as the crease line above the front wheelarch and the detail around the
'250 LM' air intake. In light rain, the water just beads off leaving nothing dirty on the car. On my two black cars it just looks shiny, but on the Ferrari it brings out more deep redness, exactly like a good Zymol treatment. I was a big fan of Zymol before but I have now switched alliegance. I'll post some more pics tonight.

LazyLobster
27-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I actually think that the finish does look very deep and lustrous. I was the most sceptical when I first heard of this 'miracle' product. But honestly, it really does work. Aside from the ease and convenience of maintaining it, the paintwork is very smooth, there are no marks or scratches and all you need to do is have a service treatment once a year (the Ferrari will have two). On a 360 you can really see some of the details that otherwise dont really show, such as the crease line above the front wheelarch and the detail around the
'250 LM' air intake. In light rain, the water just beads off leaving nothing dirty on the car. On my two black cars it just looks shiny, but on the Ferrari it brings out more deep redness, exactly like a good Zymol treatment. I was a big fan of Zymol before but I have now switched alliegance. I'll post some more pics tonight.

Shall look forward to seeing the pictures !

I'll give it a go, as will save loadsa time cleaning the car. Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

contiki
27-03-2006, 06:05 PM

R

My reasons exactly.
The best 'Dave Zymol' type finish certainly looks amazing but would not last a day on my car given that I drive it in all weather.

Had my car Permaguarded 7 month ago and it still looks very good.

The one thing that Dave keeps telling us about is the Birds dropping protection.
I have yet to figure out how to tell whether a specific treatment works or not. I do know that whenever I find birds dropping on the car it is easily removed by a dry cloth - or a wet one it is really stuck. I have not been able to spot any marks left after it has been removed and if I have to leave the car parked outside for long (such as in Heathrow car park) I will cover it anyway.

With all fairness, following my recent experience I am less worried by be-winged creatures and more by the walking-on-two, under-developed relatives of the Neanderthals that unfortunately still roam the earth.

cgt
27-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Here are some pictures of my BMW, done 7 months ago, but taken recently, and another couple of detail pics of the 360.

tonyh
27-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Very impressive , thnx for pics :) How do you like the BM Sport, BTW?

KenC
27-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Very impressive , thnx for pics :) How do you like the BM Sport, BTW?

Tony are you still considering a 5 series?

cgt
27-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi, the 535D is very quick. I also had DMS remap the ECU, so performance is very similar to an M5 in terms of torque but with 40mpg on a run. It's a good car, my two gripes would be the steering (not enough feel, even with standard, non-active) and the ride sometimes feels inconsistent over bad surfaces. I think that is down to the run flat tyres because they have very stiff sidewalls. Doesnt compare to the Ferrari in any way though. I was also considering an M5 , had a deposit on one, but after a few extended weekends in one, I have gone off those now and would rather put that money towards a 430. But after Ferrari, for my money BMW make the best cars, and definitely the best cars you can use daily. Love their engineering.

Ravi 355
28-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi, the 535D is very quick. I also had DMS remap the ECU, so performance is very similar to an M5 in terms of torque but with 40mpg on a run. It's a good car, my two gripes would be the steering (not enough feel, even with standard, non-active) and the ride sometimes feels inconsistent over bad surfaces. I think that is down to the run flat tyres because they have very stiff sidewalls. Doesnt compare to the Ferrari in any way though. I was also considering an M5 , had a deposit on one, but after a few extended weekends in one, I have gone off those now and would rather put that money towards a 430. But after Ferrari, for my money BMW make the best cars, and definitely the best cars you can use daily. Love their engineering.

Couldnt agree more. I run a 530i sport as my daily drive. If you have issues with the ride I would advise upgrading to the 19" wheels on either continentals or falcon rubber. The ride is much beter. Run flats are quite a heavy tyre and distort the ride / handling massively.

tonyh
28-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Thanks v much :thumbsup:

Tony are you still considering a 5 series?

Yes Ken,
looking @ 2.5D Sport. Prob Saloon.Finding used car with right spec-ie manual- is quite difficult. Loads of 2.0D man cars with kit i want but am worried i'll miss power diff from my current 2.5 petrol if i go down to 2.0 D .Any thoughts?

cgt
28-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Tony, pretty much every salesman in the BMW network is running a 520 Manual Sport as a demo, so there are tons of those out there with big big discounts as they rotate them every three months. You can probably negotiate anything up to 8% off a brand new car in stock (BMW has a large storage facility at Thorne with many unsold cars of all colours and specs). So get a 525D, have DMS chip it (doesnt affect warranty or servicing) and you are all set.

KenC
28-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks v much :thumbsup:

Yes Ken,
looking @ 2.5D Sport. Prob Saloon.Finding used car with right spec-ie manual- is quite difficult. Loads of 2.0D man cars with kit i want but am worried i'll miss power diff from my current 2.5 petrol if i go down to 2.0 D .Any thoughts?

My 3 series has the 2.0d engine and its never short of poke albeit it is a lighter car than the 5. You need to try before you buy I know a man who should give you a good discount off a 5 series if you decide to consider new. How much poke do you need in the family wagon?

tonyh
28-03-2006, 09:35 PM
My 3 series has the 2.0d engine and its never short of poke albeit it is a lighter car than the 5. You need to try before you buy I know a man who should give you a good discount off a 5 series if you decide to consider new. How much poke do you need in the family wagon?

Very kind but my budget's about 30k , inc trading in current wagon .I'm pretty sure i'll struggle to buy new for that. Not so much concerned with poke as Maria uses it for daily so 2.0d may be fine but as you say, 5 is quite a bit heavier. And i know come resale/trade up i'll get caned for having the base 5.

Tony, pretty much every salesman in the BMW network is running a 520 Manual Sport as a demo, so there are tons of those out there with big big discounts as they rotate them every three months. You can probably negotiate anything up to 8% off a brand new car in stock (BMW has a large storage facility at Thorne with many unsold cars of all colours and specs). So get a 525D, have DMS chip it (doesnt affect warranty or servicing) and you are all set.

Ah, i wondered why there were so many ! Not cheap though. A loaded car 's 30k with kit i want. Same price as 1 yr old 2.5d sport :shocked:
Thanks again.