PDA

View Full Version : 612 just Zymoled

glyn o'donnell
31-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Black 612 just Zymoled and what a pleasure to do, i hope the photos come out as good as the car as i have had a little trouble getting them on here

barabus
31-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Black 612 just Zymoled and what a pleasure to do, i hope the photos come out as good as the car as i have had a little trouble getting them on here

Looks good, I almost like it:wink3:

glyn o'donnell
31-12-2005, 01:34 PM
some more pics

barabus
31-12-2005, 01:36 PM
some more pics

Thats some reflection Glyn, top marks mate:thumbsup:

Glyn I have a question, can older cars get a finish like that ? I have a 90 Testarossa and use Zymol Conkers, I have recently done the full monty on it and although it looks great it just doesn't match your shineyness, is there a 'Knack' or is it just newer cars look better????

glyn o'donnell
31-12-2005, 01:38 PM
thanks, can i also take this opportunity to wish everyone on here a very happy new year and prosperous 2006

ric355
31-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Thats some reflection Glyn, top marks mate:thumbsup:

Glyn I have a question, can older cars get a finish like that ? I have a 90 Testarossa and use Zymol Conkers, I have recently done the full monty on it and although it looks great it just doesn't match your shineyness, is there a 'Knack' or is it just newer cars look better????

With enough work you can make an older car look the same but the difference is that the new car will have better paintwork to start with, so the effort will be less. I suppose newer finishes should be less orange peel like as well; Ferrari are well known for relatively poor finishes in this respect on the older cars.

To correct deep swirl marks, and to an extent orange peel (it is dangerous to completely remove orange peel due to the amount of the finish you have to take off) you will probably need to use more than just HD Cleanse - you'll need an abrasive compound with a rotary or random orbit polishing machine, then cleanse, then wax.

It's like decorating - it's all in the surface preparation.

Ric.

glyn o'donnell
31-12-2005, 02:03 PM
hi Barabus, yes it can be acheived and as ric has pointed out depending on the age of the paint a machine polisher would be required and they can lethal in the wrong hands, although older paint is much tougher than modern paints due to the lead which was in older paint so you can go to town with a polisher

barabus
31-12-2005, 02:09 PM
hi Barabus, yes it can be acheived and as ric has pointed out depending on the age of the paint a machine polisher would be required and they can lethal in the wrong hands, although older paint is much tougher than modern paints due to the lead which was in older paint so you can go to town with a polisher

Cheers Ric and Glyn however my car was mopped before I bought it and they went through on some of the edges and for some reason it was left like that. I have had the worst offending front bumper resprayed but there are one or two small rub throughs still remaninig on the back. This is why I would be scared to use and machine polisher so if thats the only way I'll get it like yours I'll just stick with my way:shocked:

ted 191
31-12-2005, 02:10 PM
HI glyn
do you use the clay bar all over the car first,or just bad areas ?

glyn o'donnell
31-12-2005, 02:49 PM
hi Ted, yes i use the clay bar over the whole car, even the glass and wheels as they too can be contaminated. i use a different piece of clay for the wheels due to high level of contamination on them.using clay on the windscreen is good for removing those etched in fly marks.

steve f
31-12-2005, 02:52 PM
HI glyn
do you use the clay bar all over the car first,or just bad areas ?
GET YOUR SELF OVER HERE IF YOU WANT TO SEE GLYNN'S STANDARD OF WORK I NOW OWN A GARAGE QUEEN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

barabus
31-12-2005, 03:10 PM
GET YOUR SELF OVER HERE IF YOU WANT TO SEE GLYNN'S STANDARD OF WORK I NOW OWN A GARAGE QUEEN :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carefull steve I spotted punctuation, mind you have miss-spelt it so that's alright then:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

W100001W
31-12-2005, 05:17 PM
hi glyn, how much for my 2 cars? thanks, nic

tonyh
31-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Glynn i've uploaded pics to PHeads :)

motd2k
01-01-2006, 12:33 PM
It was a pleasure to have you over too Glyn, and what an amazing result!

Only problem is I don't want to take it out of the garage anymore, I now have a pathelogical fear of wet roads incase i spoil that wonderful gleam!

Thanks again Glyn,
Don't hesitate to contact me for recommendation.

David

glyn o'donnell
01-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks David, i am pleased you like the results.
also thanks the to tony h for posting the pics on pistonheads for me, it is a nightmare trying to post on there.

Dave Z
01-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Nice job Glyn:thumbsup: