PDA

View Full Version : 4-cam V12 parts needed

simonc
03-01-2006, 11:50 PM
I am rebuilding a 1977 400 Auto V12 (F101C engine, 4-cam) and I need a lower chain tensioner (the funny little spring loaded tensioner) and a a set of top chain tensioner pads (left, right, and two top).

Ferrari UK say the lower chain tensioner is N/A and the pricing for the top chain tensioners from them is rather excessive.

Does anyone here know where I can buy some or all of these parts? Although I am based in London I don't really mind where any possible source is.

I also need to buy or borrow a goniometer for this engine and the special tool that fits the nut that holds the intermediate gears in the timing case.

Any help or sugestions would be welcome

Simon in London

GrahamS
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I think AndrewG on here is breaking a 400. I might be wrong though. He may have changed his mind and decided to restore it!

tabletcounter
04-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Try Eurospares

01787 477169

www.eurospares.co.uk

andrewg
05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I think AndrewG on here is breaking a 400. I might be wrong though. He may have changed his mind and decided to restore it!

I'm not that silly (been there done that as Simon knows) :grin:

the car you may have been refering to came and went in 3 days! just needed a scrub up some minor service work and an MOT (exactly what I said it needed when it was offered on FerrariChat for 4-4.5k(ish))

I do have a couple of numbers for people wanting to get rid of their taty 400's (a good 400 is great a bad one is terrible news financialy)

Simon you may want to ask Paul Hill about the tool for the timing case