PDA

View Full Version : Concours is out what next??

F1 JOE
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Is it best to clay bar a new car?? Will it remove all those spider webs or just clean the paint.

I want some more wax so whats better than Concours??

J

Angelis
03-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Is it best to clay bar a new car?? Will it remove all those spider webs or just clean the paint.

J

Not sure about the claybar on a new car. Personally, I would do it the day after I picked the car up. But that's just me. :D

The order is from best (ie: most expensive)

Royale
Vintage
Atlantique
Destiny
Concours

I've used Destiny & Vintage and on black there is a big difference.

http://www.zdouk.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2

ric355
04-11-2005, 12:49 AM

J

Claybar won't remove spider webs - it only removes contaminants from the paint.

Dave Z
04-11-2005, 10:44 AM

J

Hi Strad,
IMHO I personally wouldn't clay a brand new car,not until its around 6 months old, only because the paint can still be quite soft and easy to scratch, plus it shouldn't have any contamination in it that HDcleanse wouldn't remove anyway,
The HD cleanse should remove the swirl marks , if they are quite bad you may need to HD a few times or use HD Professional.
As Angelis posted , the next one up from Concours is destiny, If you don't fancy forking out 500 for a tub , Zymol do the sampler kits which are good value for money,
I believe they now do one which contains Concours , Titanium and Destiny, as well as the one that Angelis bought with Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage.
John Drake www.Johnswax.co.uk or 07802 650892 should be able to sought you out, he's the authorised Zymol reseller that Angelis got his kit from.

ric355
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Another supplier (where I bought mine from) - www.vertar.com (http://www.vertar.com)

Ric.

Stewart 430 Scud
05-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Dave is as we speak applying the Royale wax. I have to tell you it looks fantastic.

F1 JOE
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi Strad,
IMHO I personally wouldn't clay a brand new car,not until its around 6 months old, only because the paint can still be quite soft and easy to scratch, plus it shouldn't have any contamination in it that HDcleanse wouldn't remove anyway,
The HD cleanse should remove the swirl marks , if they are quite bad you may need to HD a few times or use HD Professional.
As Angelis posted , the next one up from Concours is destiny, If you don't fancy forking out 500 for a tub , Zymol do the sampler kits which are good value for money,
I believe they now do one which contains Concours , Titanium and Destiny, as well as the one that Angelis bought with Destiny, Atlantique and Vintage.
John Drake www.Johnswax.co.uk or 07802 650892 should be able to sought you out, he's the authorised Zymol reseller that Angelis got his kit from.

Many Thanks Dave :-) that guy on ebay offered me Destiny at 100.00 a pot??? prob pissed in it!!!

F1 JOE
08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Dave is as we speak applying the Royale wax. I have to tell you it looks fantastic.

Pics pls...................... El Capitain???

barabus
08-11-2005, 08:07 PM

J

I just bought a pot of conkers, dont tell me its no good:mad:

Ray clayed his new car the other day:tongue3:

Stewart 430 Scud
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Pics pls...................... El Capitain???

It has rained ever since so the car has had its coat on. When i get the chance i will post pics. You will be impresed Joe.

F1 JOE
08-11-2005, 09:39 PM
It has rained ever since so the car has had its coat on. When i get the chance i will post pics. You will be impresed Joe.

Davvvvveeeeeeee!!!!!!

barabus
08-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Davvvvveeeeeeee!!!!!!

Joe I thought you did it yourself:confused:

hedge
10-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Strad,

why would a new car have swirl marks? if I took delivery of a new car with swirl marks they could have it back again!

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Joe I thought you did it yourself:confused:

Yeah but i aint paying 6k for wax I think dave does a one off or 12 treatments a yr me thinks:huh: :huh: :smile:

glyn o'donnell
27-11-2005, 05:42 PM
watch out for the destiny on ebay it will only be a sample sized pot fro about 100. the best way is to but a sampler kit as dave suggested from www.johnswax.co.uk the whole kit will cost you 170 and has samples of atlantique and vintage as well as some other bonus items