PDA

View Full Version : rubber seals & trims

A308 MAN
28-01-2006, 09:40 PM
The rubber seals (doors, bonnet, engine cover, targa roof etc) on gina are looking a little tired and discoloured.
Is there a product out there which will revive the above ?
Many thanks for your anticipated, abundant assistance.
:cheers:, d

barabus
28-01-2006, 09:48 PM
The rubber seals (doors, bonnet, engine cover, targa roof etc) on gina are looking a little tired and discoloured.

If there is d you'll probably find it here and its just up the road from me :thumbsup:

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/

Dave Z
30-01-2006, 05:35 PM

Dave,
Zymol have a product for this called oddley enough "seal".
I used it on a mini i restored last year , it soaks into the seals as opposed to just sitting on top of it and making it look new.
I used it on both the door/boot seals and on the window seals ,
The windows seals in particular were very brittle , so i applied it 3 or four times and it did the trick.:thumbsup:

A308 MAN
30-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Dave,
Zymol have a product for this called oddley enough "seal".
I used it on a mini i restored last year , it soaks into the seals as opposed to just sitting on top of it and making it look new.
I used it on both the door/boot seals and on the window seals ,
The windows seals in particular were very brittle , so i applied it 3 or four times and it did the trick.:thumbsup:
many thanks, simon and dave ... you're stars.

panterasteve
30-01-2006, 08:16 PM
try rubbin some vaseline on it :shocked: did my roof seal and then light coating of silicone,now:thumbsup: look good as new and now sqeak free roof

hedge
09-02-2006, 12:48 AM

Dave,

I bought this stuff from these guys and it worked ok - I need to apply a number of coats more to get the wet dog nose effect tho..also better to do it outside on a sunny day for the seal to dry or you get the greasy impressions on the inside of your windows - annoying when the seals are the last thing you do in a marathon cleaning session!!

Expensive but worthwhile.

http://www.premierbodyshops.co.uk/zymol/feeding/Seal.htm

A308 MAN
09-02-2006, 10:28 AM
thanks marc ... it will be ordered as soon as i have saved up the 20+