PDA

View Full Version : Before you crucify me....

AhabMD
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I have 4 hours on Saturday morning to give the 348 a clean. I recently purchased the full accompaniment of Zymol kit to give car a solid going over at some point in the very near future, however, I realise my 4 hours this Sat is not going to be enough to do this well (esp. as Zymol virgin). Having said that, I have had the car out recently and it has picked up some grime and salt :cry: and I want to get this off asap - any suggestions on how best I use the time? Is it worth using any of the Zymol products, or would this be pointless if I am not going to be able to do the whole thing?

tonyh
01-02-2006, 12:30 PM
you will have time to use Wash, Cleanse and Wax . Claybar takes 4 ever and is a PIA .

AhabMD
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Excellent - thanks. I though maybe cleansing without waxing might be a bit pointless so will try and get threes three stages done (inc wash).

ric355
01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Excellent - thanks. I though maybe cleansing without waxing might be a bit pointless so will try and get threes three stages done (inc wash).

From memory - Zymol instructions say if you are going to Cleanse you should keep it clean and wax within 24 hours otherwise you have to cleanse again before applying wax.

When I have time constraints I do mine a panel at a time - wash whole car, then cleanse and wax a panel at a time. That way, if you run out of time you don't have a piece of the car unwaxed. Also means you can do a bit each night if you're one of those people that gets bored with it after a while.

barabus
01-02-2006, 08:20 PM
........and the Top detailers HD twice before waxing, but this maybe a step too far ??

Dave Z
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
I have 4 hours on Saturday morning to give the 348 a clean. I recently purchased the full accompaniment of Zymol kit to give car a solid going over at some point in the very near future, however, I realise my 4 hours this Sat is not going to be enough to do this well (esp. as Zymol virgin). Having said that, I have had the car out recently and it has picked up some grime and salt :cry: and I want to get this off asap - any suggestions on how best I use the time? Is it worth using any of the Zymol products, or would this be pointless if I am not going to be able to do the whole thing?

Hi Tim,
I'd also suggest doing a few panels at a time , possibly your bonnet , roof/buttresses and boot to start , then finish off the rest next time you're free.
You dont have to clay the car first , but you will get significantly better results if you do ,especially with it being an older car .
Rather than me run through everything on here , my number is 07970 713062 , give me a bell on saturday morning before you start and I'll give you some tips etc :thumbsup:
Dave

spidermanUK
02-02-2006, 12:17 AM
I'll give you some tips etc :thumbsup:
Dave
And my tip to you Tim is to listen VERY carefully to EVERYTHING Dave tells you, and then right at the end, ask him what day he's free in the next 2 weeks to come and do it properly for you! Trust me, it MAY seem expensive, but when you consider how much work he puts in and the cost of the materials, I think you'll consider it value for money! And the results are astonishing!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Unless you actually enjoy doing it, in which case...........I don't know which planet you're from!:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Hazy
03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Dave did my car, gotta agree you will never better his results, truly brilliant. BTW I only ever wash, dry then re-wax my car, should i be cleansing too or not????

Dave Z
03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Dave did my car, gotta agree you will never better his results, truly brilliant. BTW I only ever wash, dry then re-wax my car, should i be cleansing too or not????

Noooooooooooooooooooo you only need to HD if you've left it between 6 and 12 months between rewaxing

AhabMD
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Rather than me run through everything on here , my number is 07970 713062 , give me a bell on saturday morning before you start and I'll give you some tips etc :thumbsup:
Dave

Thanks Dave - legend! I'll be calling for sure! Cheers, Tim

Angelis
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Dave did my car, but I thought I'd do the Jag myself.

So I ordered all the stuff... the claybar, HD cleanse, etc. That came to quite a bit of .

Then I started claybaring the car. Let's just say I only managed to do the bonnet and boot lid before giving up. :cry3:

barabus
03-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Dave did my car, but I thought I'd do the Jag myself.

So I ordered all the stuff... the claybar, HD cleanse, etc. That came to quite a bit of .

Then I started claybaring the car. Let's just say I only managed to do the bonnet and boot lid before giving up. :cry3:

Sy your just not cut out for manual labour mate:grin:

Angelis
03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Sy your just not cut out for manual labour mate:grin:

You think?

Ask George (Gee355)......... :grin:

bjc388
05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
You do realise that you have to take the protective cellophane wrapping off first ... ...

Dale
16-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Dave's the man:D