PDA

View Full Version : Tubi for 348 but what about the cats?

Lagerlout
10-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi all,

OK, I have to say my 348 GTC whilst looking oh the business :grin: sounds a little too quiet for my tastes. I can't watch all these 348 Tubi videos without thinking gotta/must have one. :laugh: This is as far as I'll go with mods as I want to keep my GTC as standard as possible with the possible exception of tyres.

Now, my Car is too late to be legally without cats and I don't want to risk an insurance non-payment if I have a crash and they find the cats missing. Unlikely I know, but I'll sleep better. So, what options are available besides the decat pipes? On my M3 CSL I could get 100 cell cats, are these available for the F119H 348? I gather they run 400 cell cats as standard?

Cheers,
Neil

contiki
10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Scuderia do a 100 cells cats for my 575M... I am due to speak with Manu shortly and can ask him whether he has anything for the 348

Or you can ring him on 01784 443 395

Angelis
10-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Personally, I would get Hyperflows. When my cats go, I'll be replacing them with Hyperflows. One of ours sponsors Danial at Ricambi sells them.

http://ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=208&osCsid=b47a8cb1d1b522ef68c82c843f5b16f9

panterasteve
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Personally, I would get Hyperflows. When my cats go, I'll be replacing them with Hyperflows. One of ours sponsors Danial at Ricambi sells them.

http://ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=208&osCsid=b47a8cb1d1b522ef68c82c843f5b16f9

sy ive been thinking about these too :thumbsup: do you have any feed back or what the are like noise wise and do they actually work conme mot time ?
cheers m8y

Angelis
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM
sy ive been thinking about these too :thumbsup: do you have any feed back or what the are like noise wise and do they actually work conme mot time ?
cheers m8y

according to Dan they are supossed to be quite good, but it was a while ago that I talked to him about them.

With MOT's getting stricter, it may be our only option. And they work out relatively cheap.

Jack Russell Racing
10-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey all, just saw the thread. The Hyper-Flow's are here:

http://ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=208

Basically, they will not provide any huge difference in sound while at idle or in slow traffic. From 3000-7000 rpm, you'll notice much greater throttle response and you might feel increased horsepower (unverified, but I would think in the 15-20hp range).

The sound however, will indeed be better at speed. A 348 with a Tubi and Hyperflows is quite frankly, apocalyptic. "Screaming" is the word that comes to mind. In a tunnel, it'll be like Schumacher in the Monaco tunnel. OK, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the sound is fantastic.

More importantly, they flow 30% more air than stock cats, stay cool, prevent cat-caused "slow down" issues, and look pretty darn cool.

Any UK buyers, let me know and we'll work on good shipping rates to deliver these as economically as possible.

Best,
Daniel

Hud
10-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey all, just saw the thread. The Hyper-Flow's are here:

http://ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=175&products_id=208

Basically, they will not provide any huge difference in sound while at idle or in slow traffic. From 3000-7000 rpm, you'll notice much greater throttle response and you might feel increased horsepower (unverified, but I would think in the 15-20hp range).

The sound however, will indeed be better at speed. A 348 with a Tubi and Hyperflows is quite frankly, apocalyptic. "Screaming" is the word that comes to mind. In a tunnel, it'll be like Schumacher in the Monaco tunnel. OK, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the sound is fantastic.

More importantly, they flow 30% more air than stock cats, stay cool, prevent cat-caused "slow down" issues, and look pretty darn cool.

Any UK buyers, let me know and we'll work on good shipping rates to deliver these as economically as possible.

Best,
Daniel

Whats the price in GBP for a set for the 360 pls?

Angelis
10-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Dan,

How would they compare with a decat tubi? As in changing from a decat to a hyperflow set up?

More quieter with hyperflows?

Less power?

The reason I ask is that I know someone who has a decat 348 and is considering the hyperflows. However, he really likes the feel of the engine with the decats, but is having problems with emmisions and the loud sound (track day problems etc).

achaddy
11-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Dan,

How would they compare with a decat tubi? As in changing from a decat to a hyperflow set up?

More quieter with hyperflows?

Less power?

The reason I ask is that I know someone who has a decat 348 and is considering the hyperflows. However, he really likes the feel of the engine with the decats, but is having problems with emmisions and the loud sound (track day problems etc).

All I know is as long as I can get the fezza through an MOT i don't really care about the rest and I will be sticking with the de-cat tubi. Would be nice to track it but all this noise restriction rubbish goes against the grain of motor racing.

Jack Russell Racing
13-02-2006, 04:54 PM
According to several conversations with the folks at Hyper-Flow, there is less than a 10% flow difference betwen straight pipe and a Hyper-Flow cat.

Jules
13-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Whats the price in GBP for a set for the 360 pls?

Expensive Rob - you're looking at 1,700 plus shipping for an average 27bhp. That is unless I'm mistaken:shocked: