PDA

View Full Version : Del Horno Red Card

Fraccie
22-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Not even the most hardened Chelsea fan can say that Del Horno did not deserve to get sent off............outrageous,awful challenge.Hope you can hang on for a draw.............half time prediction.............1-0 Chelsea............:wink3:

tonyh
22-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Not even the most hardened Chelsea fan can say that Del Horno did not deserve to get sent off............outrageous,awful challenge.Hope you can hang on for a draw.............half time prediction.............1-0 Chelsea............:wink3:

the ref's a proper wan ker :mad: Yellow at best but WTF was Robben thinking prior to DH's tackle?

noony
22-02-2006, 10:44 PM
best side won

tonyh
22-02-2006, 10:49 PM
best side won

here we go :mad: best side with 12 men won

noony
22-02-2006, 10:51 PM
here we go :mad: best side with 12 men won
the ref did go against you and it wasn't a red card, but barca played some lovely stuff.

tonyh
22-02-2006, 10:54 PM
the ref did go against you and it wasn't a red card, but barca played some lovely stuff.

Messi [sp] was proper handful, Eto'o threatened but goal aside wasn't that great. Ronaldinho? He only played for 10 mins. F king Drogba had chance to seal game. Crespo wld've scored that .:cry3:

noony
22-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Messi [sp] was proper handful, Eto'o threatened but goal aside wasn't that great. Ronaldinho? He only played for 10 mins. F king Drogba had chance to seal game. Crespo wld've scored that .:cry3:
I thought Messi was definitely the MOTM, despite his theatrics. Nice to see yet another diving save from JT :laugh:

tonyh
22-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I thought Messi was definitely the MOTM, despite his theatrics. Nice to see yet another diving save from JT :laugh:
LOL! He nearly buried him 6 feet under. Eyes were always on ball tho' :shocked:

noony
22-02-2006, 10:58 PM
LOL! He nearly buried him 6 feet under. Eyes were always on ball tho' :shocked:
still reckon you'll go through?

tonyh
22-02-2006, 10:59 PM
still reckon you'll go through?

:huh: :huh: tough call m8, but i do fancy us to stuff them at their place.

F328GTS
22-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Not even the most hardened Chelsea fan can say that Del Horno did not deserve to get sent off...
Disagree, with my Blue glasses on that was 50/50. Two yellow cards for over reacting was the correct decision.

noony
22-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I think it's probably barca's to lose now. Looking forward to another good game

A308 MAN
22-02-2006, 11:08 PM
good to see the boot on the other foot, for a refreshing change.

i would normally shout for the english side, but you all know too well, my sentiments on that score.

barca had obviously bought the ref, therefore outbidding abramovich.

ronaldhino is simply #1 in the world, by a long long way ... pure class !

best part of the match was the half time nike commercial featuring Eric the King.

:cheers:, d

noony
22-02-2006, 11:17 PM

i would normally shout for the english side, but you all know too well, my sentiments on that score.

best part of the match was the half time nike commercial featuring Eric the King.

that was a good advert...nice to see scouse wayne mentioned in the same breath as brazilian ronaldinho :grin:

Fraccie
22-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Get real mate.................100% red card,he took him thigh high.................i don`t get Drogba,Crespo is a much better player..................if Chelsea had Ruud or Thierry,they would be damned near unbeatable,you could say that about Liverpool also.Both teams excellent everywhere except up front.

v15ben
22-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Can't believe the result there, I was genuinely expecting a Chelsea win. Wish I'd had chance to watch it instead of bloody working!!!! Sounds like a good game. I think Chelsea have a chance in the 2nd leg but it is a damn sight harder from a losing first leg!

t1grm
23-02-2006, 12:39 AM
They havenít beaten us with 11 men yet :yes:

I was in a pub in Barcelona watching and I was the only Chelsea fan.

The place went mental each time Barca scored. Not unusual you may say except I would say 90% of the Barca fans were not Spaniards and I was in an expat pub, not a tourist pub. Every Brit, Norwegian, Yank expat was cheering for Barca. Bandwagon jumping anyone? Reminds me of Man U and all the Jap fans ;)

Anyway Iím up for stuffing them at the Nou Camp (with 11 men). Hopefully Iíll be there to see it :)

Musicman360
23-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Del Horno made no attempt to play the ball - he flew right past the ball to take out the Barca player. He deserved a straight red no doubt. And to have Moan-inho complain about Barca tactics is a joke...he needs to accept that football is played by moving the ball, not by taking out your opponents rugby style. Oh yes and I agree with other posters, Barca did play some lovely football second half, admittedly against only 10 men.

Steve
23-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Having got Mido sent off at the lane, Del Horno got what was coming to him. Moaniho is such a cry baby when the boot is on the other foot.

stimo
23-02-2006, 11:12 AM

Agreed. Wasn't a red card, but what goes around comes around. No Chelsea fan can really moan about Messi diving, as some of the Chelsea players have diving and feigning injury down to a fine art.
Ref, admittedly was total rubbish, gave Barca a lot, but they were the best team in the end, they did deserve to win, Ronaldinho and Messi were a joy to watch (with the ball).

Itís nice to see Jose under pressure and probably having to change his set tactics for the 2nd leg, calls himself the special one, we shall see.

Canít see Chelsea outscoring the worldís best attacking team on their own patch

v15ben
23-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Canít see Chelsea outscoring the worldís best attacking team on their own patch

Totally agree there. I can see lots of goals though and English fans have to hope that Chelsea get more than Barca!!

tonyh
23-02-2006, 02:28 PM
it ain't over till it's over - Chelsea will beat Barca at home i predict. All you Chelsea haters crack me up :grin:

A308 MAN
23-02-2006, 02:39 PM
i posted the following on the other relevant thread, the other day.

i wondered if maybe the ref had it "on his mind" to penalise mourinho at the first possible opportunity for blabbing to the press over the barca diving, play acting etc, and the need for the ref to be strong.

comments aimed toward match officials are not what the game needs, and jose received his just reward

i was howling with laughter this morning when i heard on the radio, that moronhio has warned the ref to watch out for the barca players diving and cheating .... absolutely pist myself laffin !!!

hiya stimbo .... how's the cucumber sandwiches ???

..... Bandwagon jumping anyone? Reminds me of Man U and all the Jap fans ......

Gary, I see you have a nice car and two continental homes .... probably the result of a succesful business.
I (as an ex business man) would have been well pleased to have had customers in japan .... would'nt you ?
Why should a football team be any different ?

t1grm
23-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Gary, I see you have a nice car and two continental homes .... probably the result of a succesful business.
I (as an ex business man) would have been well pleased to have had customers in japan .... would'nt you ?
Why should a football team be any different ?

Dave, you missed the ;) off the end of my Man U quote :) I watched the game with a Man U supporter actually :thumbsup:

A308 MAN
23-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Dave, you missed the ;) off the end of my Man U quote :) I watched the game with a Man U supporter actually :thumbsup:

sugar ! ... no ones biting today.

visited nou camp in '98 when utd played barca (3-3, great game) and stayed at a hotel 200 yds from stadium (toward the city & on the rhs) but more importantly found a great seedy basement bar, just around the corner .... when we returned six months later for the final, B Munich "had" that end of the ground (away fans) .... however we did manage to miss the bus back to our resort and soon after, filtered thro' security after the game and reaquaint ourselves with the same hospitality ..... two days before we came up for air .... fantastic times.