PDA

View Full Version : who won the rugby today england or scotland

steve f
25-02-2006, 10:27 PM
dont seem to be any of the usual members posting on this game ??????????????????

barabus
25-02-2006, 10:29 PM
dont seem to be any of the usual members posting on this game ??????????????????

who cares, I just got paid for the red wheel, gone but not forgotten:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KenC
25-02-2006, 10:33 PM

I think I know the answer to this one.

noony
25-02-2006, 10:42 PM
was it england v scotland?

tonyh
25-02-2006, 10:43 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ARE YOU SCOTTISH NOW ? JOKER :mad: :mad: :mad:

steve f
25-02-2006, 11:35 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ARE YOU SCOTTISH NOW ? JOKER :mad: :mad: :mad:
yes why did we win ??????????????

Angelis
25-02-2006, 11:39 PM

1. Do you have a scottish accent?

2. Do you live in scotland?

3. Do you wear a Kilt. If yes, post pics as proof.

If the answers to the above are no... you are not scottish, just a confused Northerner!

tonyh
25-02-2006, 11:39 PM

apparently, yes :cry3:

Fraccie
25-02-2006, 11:56 PM
who cares, I just got paid for the red wheel, gone but not forgotten:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whose is that rampantly gay pink steering wheel?

steve f
25-02-2006, 11:56 PM
1. Do you have a scottish accent?

2. Do you live in scotland?

3. Do you wear a Kilt. If yes, post pics as proof.

If the answers to the above are no... you are not scottish, just a confused Northerner!

1 see you sy you get right up my nose :grin: :grin:

2 glasgow :grin: :grin:

3 ***** off you pervert :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

steve f
26-02-2006, 09:42 AM
where is the fcars rugby expert STIMMO need comments on the game

steve f
26-02-2006, 01:18 PM
:thumbsup:

stimo
26-02-2006, 05:52 PM
where is the fcars rugby expert STIMMO need comments on the game

Right here Steve, just back from a crap time in Scotland, here's my sum up,

Found yesterdays game very interesting. The game really showed Englandís short comings and Scotlandís too. Neither team looked like getting over the line despite having large amounts of possession in good areas. Scotlandís defence was superb, but I donít think England ever really put it to the test. England were totally predictable and did nothing to warrant anything but getting beat.

I was amazed by Englandís back's alignment after the first phase of play. No one coming from deep, no players in the right positions to attack the ball, it was a total sham, players everywhere and Charlie Hodgson had real problems with his distribution because of the positioning of Englandís backs. How England expects to break through a good defence if they are not taking the ball at pace coming from deep positions, Iíll never know. England simply went from side to side, far too lateral. CH gets the ball, looks up and see's Mike Tindall jogging outside of him who takes the ball into contact and quite often the ball gets turned over. Eng's performance against Wales was not that impressive, as Ireland are showing right now.

The other thing that I find amazing is that not once did I see Andy Sheridan hang back from a ruck and then attacking the gain line at speed with the SH popping the ball to him. He is a mountain of a man and he will gain yards and it will take 2 or 3 defenders to bring him down, which creates space as the defenders get sucked in. Eng didnít suck any defenders in, which is why Scotlandís defence looked so good. Interesting to see Corry and Worsley switching positions during the game in the scrum. It seemed Corry was on the flank for defence and Worsley in attack, the opposite of what I would have thought.

Englandís rucking was poor. Ball presentation was ok, but the clearing out at rucks was terrible and allowed Scotland to spoil the ball and often turn it over. England players also found themselves isolated a lot of the time.

England at time in the scrum were superb, but also terrible. I couldnít believe the inconsistency in the scrummaging, this needs to be addressed.

The thing is, all the above criticisms are all about the coaching. The things I have highlighted above are AR responsibility. If you look at Scotland, they are not the most talented players, they are not going to set the world alight, but you can see that they are extremely well coached, well drilled and have a huge amount of self confidence in them. England looked the total opposite.

I know Mike Tindall, he is a superb guy playing a very very difficult role for Eng right now. I donít think he let anyone down yesterday but I donít think I have ever seen a game crying out for a creative 12. Noon did his best, but he was trying to create things from nothing for himself. Eng must get an inside centre playing at inside centre, the only real option is Stuart Abbott. I can't see why MT is selected at 12 when he is a 13 and has no skills to play 12. Bad hands, poor passing and no vision, his attributes are at 13.

Good points, I thought Lewis Moody was superb today, could possibly have been my Man of the Match. I think he has got back to his best form in this 6 Nations, which is a great sign for England. Thompson, Worsley had good games, Noon and Lewsey too. Hodgson had a nightmare with the boot; the rest of the game wasnít made easy for him by the Eng backs. Eng's set pieces were strong, but that comes as no surprise. White was solid, but isnít as mobile as Stevens and doesnít handle as well.

I find it hard to criticise Cueto and Cohen as an attacking force as they didnít once get the ball going forward with space to attack. Cohen had a poor game in other areas and Cueto did what was needed. Cohen needs a rocket up his **** and dropping him would do that.

It pains me to say this but Ellis is looking far from an International Scrum Half and Dawson again made an instant difference when he came on as he did last week in Italy. I was very surprised it was initially only a blood sub.

Scotland were superb, they did everything they were asked to do by England and played out of their skins. They thoroughly deserved their win and I think a lot of kudos must go to the coach.

The ref, well I personally didnít think the ref did too badly. I do think it was an extremely difficult game to ref. Both teams were making is difficult at the breakdown. First half England kept getting penalised for coming in from the side, but they were only coming in from the side as the Scottish players were not rolling away. He was also quite lenient at the end of the first half when the Scottish front row were not able to keep the scrum up
I honestly believe that most of the decisions did even themselves out. Said this before but someone really needs to sort out the laws when it comes to the tackle area.

Im not convinced by Andy Sheridan, he is too big and therefore his technique is wrong and against the ABís, Carl Hayman was able to get lower and drive up through him. In that situation it doesnít matter how big you are (6ft4 and 18st 10) what you can bench press (215kg), it becomes usless. He isnt doing anything in the loose either.

Eng have the players to win a grand slam and to compete at the highest level, but these young talented players are not being given the chance by a conservative and un-imaginative Eng coaching set up. The sooner we make AR forwards coach and get Brian Ashton in as Head coach and Backs coach, the better English rugby will be and we can compete with the SH again.

Players like Lund, Rees, Forrester, Skirving, Beattie, in the forwards, in the backs, Perry, Abbott, Varndell, Simpson-Daniel, Oli Smith, Tom Voyce are being overlooked. Itís terrible, in England attacking players are seen as a weakness. How Tom Voyce is not I the team Iíll never know.

I would take a loss against Scotland if it meant things would be shaken up, but I donít think it will. AR is a gutless, conservative coach who is stifling young, potentially World Class English talent.. Its great to see Scotland and Ireland doing well, but if these nations are going to get better, they need England and France to be at their best too. France have looked inept and clueless so far, which is the biggest surprise.

My team vs Franceí

1) Sheridan
2) Thompson
3) Stevens
4) Borthwick
5) Grewcock
6) Lund
7) Moody
8) Dallaglio (c)
9) Perry
10) Hodgson
11) Cueto
12) Abbott
13) Noon
14) Voyce
15) Lewsey

Looking to the world cup, Skirving at 8 , Barkley, JSD and Forrester need to be on the bench.

As you can tell im on a real rant about Andy Robinson, his team selections and his inept tactics.

stimo
26-02-2006, 05:59 PM
I realise that most on here won't have the first idea what my above post is all about, thats ok ! :thumbsup:

ps - anyone need flights, hotel and tickets to Fra vs Eng, not sure i can face it now !

steve f
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
nice reply

KenC
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Steve, that is a cheap way of bringing this to the top again :grin: .

steve f
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Steve, that is a cheap way of bringing this to the top again :grin: .
what do you mean ken :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KenC
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Nothing really :thumbsup: .

francisn
01-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm an expat Scot (living in England) and I applaud Steve's efforts to keep our magnificent win at the top of the list :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

steve f
02-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Nothing really :thumbsup: .
ok ken sorry :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

steve f
02-03-2006, 10:02 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KenC
02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
:grin: :laugh: :grin: :laugh: :thumbsup: .

steve f
03-03-2006, 08:59 AM
hi ken nice to see you was happy with the result:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: