PDA

View Full Version : L39c

LazyLobster
07-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Long shot, but. . . . .

anyone got any experience of flying a L39 ? looking for feedback on running costs, training requirements (min number of hours required to gain rating), companies who can service in the UK etc.

Cheers

Rob

angelboy
08-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Go to www.pprune.com and ask there.

One of the main things is numbers of hours on type for the insurance. I'm sure you can fly on a PPL with additions. I'll ask one of our tech guys and see if he knows.

I'd love to fly one so let me know when you buy and we'll do a swap!!!

LazyLobster
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Go to www.pprune.com and ask there.

One of the main things is numbers of hours on type for the insurance. I'm sure you can fly on a PPL with additions. I'll ask one of our tech guys and see if he knows.

I'd love to fly one so let me know when you buy and we'll do a swap!!!

Hey Paul, think I've got a way to go yet to get the hours. Yet, in the good ol US of A, you only need 100 hours P1. But, I thin they've changed from LOA's to something else. Not sure if you need more hours now etc.

Yes, L39's are awesome, maybe one day mate. . . :thumbsup:

I'll take a gander at the site, thanks for the heads up.

R

A308 MAN
08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I asked a pal of mine yesterday, who I would have bet diamonds, he would have known all your answers.
but unfortunately, this was the response:
Rather sadly, the only person I knew who was familiar with the L39 Delfin was killed in one..........

cheers, d

LazyLobster
08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Alas, that's always the danger of flying.

The Delfin is a L29, a lot older aircraft, twin seat Soviet jet trainer.

angelboy
09-11-2005, 12:09 PM
We've had no aircraft induced fatalities in our aircraft..............they are a shade slower than a L39 though!

Rob, check this website out - www.l39.com

I think the FAQ would answer your questions!

LazyLobster
09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
We've had no aircraft induced fatalities in our aircraft..............they are a shade slower than a L39 though!

Rob, check this website out - www.l39.com

I think the FAQ would answer your questions!

Great site, think I've got a why to go to get up to 1000 hours though !:shocked:

I'm sure in the UK the CAA/JAA (whatever it's called now) is only 100 hours P1? Maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time :laugh:

Thanks for the info. . . .

Rob