PDA

View Full Version : BMW 630 Sport

KenC
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Enough is enough. I've test driven everything from a 130 BMW, through an RX8 to a Porsche 911. I've toyed with an RS4, which would have won if I did not have the F car. A wide spectrum but at least I have been thorough. The winner was the fat arsed BMW 630 Sport. My A4 Cab is now history and will be replaced by a black beauty (in my eyes at least).

Two weeks to go before its mine and its only since I placed the order that I realise how much I really want this car. I'm sure there will be many who will disagree with my choice but I'm looking forward to seeing this car in the same garage as my 360. A winning combination in my book.

Can't wait!!

barabus
10-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Is this it Ken????

thenumber1
10-03-2006, 11:35 PM
The straight six is a perfect engine - a nice sound too:thumbsup:

Is it a cab or a coupe?

I guess this isn't a car that you ordered to your exact specs as a fortnight's wait is a pretty short delay.

I'm sure you wont regret - i love the "challenging" styling, and it sure should be a pleasure to run it.

Congrats

Angelis
11-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I sat in one at the local dealers. Veeeery nice. :thumbsup:

What colour you getting?

ric355
11-03-2006, 01:43 AM
What colour you getting?

Nice to see you read his post properly before replying. :thumbsup:

MetroMan
11-03-2006, 06:54 AM
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

KenC
11-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Its Sapphire Black, with Cream-Beige leather, automatic with Sat Nav and Bluetooth.

Being the Sport model it also has 19 inch wheels, sports seats, dark wood inlays, high gloss shadow line (black window surrounds) M sports steering whell and some other bits and bobs.

There is a 2% price rise on beemers from 1 april so I took a car taht was available to my desired spec to avoid this. Added to a very reasonable discount the price is reasonable. managed to sell my A4 to a colleague as well so got a slightly better price for that than trading in.

KenC
11-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Is this it Ken????

That looks like the AC Scnitzer version. I imagine that would be a tad quicker off the block than my lowly 258 bhp.

KenC
11-03-2006, 08:58 AM
The straight six is a perfect engine - a nice sound too:thumbsup:

Is it a cab or a coupe?

I guess this isn't a car that you ordered to your exact specs as a fortnight's wait is a pretty short delay.

I'm sure you wont regret - i love the "challenging" styling, and it sure should be a pleasure to run it.

Congrats

Its a coupe. I let one go past me the other day and it did sound sweet although I don't think you get the benefit from the cabin :thumbsdow .

As suggested it is a stock car so that it can be registered in March. Being the ned of a quarter BMW dealers ghave targets to meet so the discount is larger than may have been :thumbsup: .

I agree the styling is challenging, particularly the rear from some angles. I liked it from launch and it has grown more and more on me since. Black is the best colour in my book although I probably won't be saying that when I have to clean it regularly.

Angelis
11-03-2006, 09:08 AM

I'm colour blind. :grin:

Stewart 430 Scud
11-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Enough is enough. I've test driven everything from a 130 BMW, through an RX8 to a Porsche 911. I've toyed with an RS4, which would have won if I did not have the F car. A wide spectrum but at least I have been thorough. The winner was the fat arsed BMW 630 Sport. My A4 Cab is now history and will be replaced by a black beauty (in my eyes at least).

Two weeks to go before its mine and its only since I placed the order that I realise how much I really want this car. I'm sure there will be many who will disagree with my choice but I'm looking forward to seeing this car in the same garage as my 360. A winning combination in my book.

Can't wait!!

Nice one Ken.