PDA

View Full Version : Is Button another journeyman?

beau_apex
13-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I haven't seen anything outstanding from Button in his 101 races. For sure he is media friendly and highly marketable, but there's always an excuse that his car is never good enough. (I recall the Benetton of MS being a bit of a donkey, but results still came)
Maybe Jenson hasn't got that extra something of MS, Alonso and Raikonnen?
That Nico Rosberg looks handy :thumbsup:

AndyD
13-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Was talking to a mate about this on Saturday. I agree with you. Think he is a nice bloke and all that and a good driver but will never be one of the greats. Donít even think he will ever win a championship.:)

Jules
13-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I guess you could track Chamioins from their first race to their first win to their first championship, ie how long did it take Senna. Schumaker, Prost to get thie 1st win following their introduction to F1.

Friend of Cheeky
13-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Was talking to a mate about this on Saturday. I agree with you. Think he is a nice bloke and all that and a good driver but will never be one of the greats. Donít even think he will ever win a championship.:)
Not even sure he's ever going to win a race. He is a very good driver but no question but he's not quite in the same league as Schumi, alonso and Raikonnen.

beau_apex
13-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Not even sure he's ever going to win a race. He is a very good driver but no question but he's not quite in the same league as Schumi, alonso and Raikonnen.

I agree. Button won't even get upto Coulthards level of race results. :shocked:
Jenson's clearly got a good manager/agent, but is way overpaid.:thumbsdow

Friend of Cheeky
13-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I agree. Button won't even get upto Coulthards level of race results. :shocked:
Jenson's clearly got a good manager/agent, but is way overpaid.:thumbsdow
What's he on these days? Moneywise I mean:wink3:

beau_apex
13-03-2006, 04:37 PM
What's he on these days? Moneywise I mean:wink3:

Moneywise, 7m GBP per annum. :shocked: Makes Rosberg's £500K pa a steal.

Ravi 355
13-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Moneywise, 7m GBP per annum. :shocked: Makes Rosberg's £500K pa a steal.

Yeah, but you can see how hungry roseberg is in the way he was driving yesterday. He won't be on that for long if he keeps that up. If was really interestig in the pre race interviews with Button where he said "I know how to win races, I won loads in my previous career" :laugh: :laugh:

MondialMike
13-03-2006, 06:47 PM
If Jensen fails to deliver this year, with mighty Honda backing, I reckon BAR will let him go. He maybe a super smooth driver, but so was Coulthard.
101 starts and still no wins, he's a journeyman already.:cry3: :cry3:

balsingh
13-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Then again ... look at Damon Hill ... he won a world champoinship and I reckon Jenson is tons better than Damon ever was.

barabus
13-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Then again ... look at Damon Hill ... he won a world champoinship and I reckon Jenson is tons better than Damon ever was.

I agree, I'm no fan of the Button but I do reckon he's got what it takes to win given the car, we all know Michaels brilliant but even he couldn't do it last year with a crap car. The B A R isn't quite there just now but when or if it ever is I can see him winning that is as long as he and Rubens don't take each other out:laugh:

Jules
13-03-2006, 10:02 PM

Bal - Damon still got the trophy - rather have the points than games in hand, secondly remember Damon almost winning at Hungary with the Arrows car after leaving Williams?? Amazing, if it wasn't for some form of malfunction 2 laps from the end. it would have been Arrows 1st wins for decades, just goes to show that if you've got it, you've got it, and I'm afraid even when compared to Hill, Button's still found wanting

But hehe - who am I to pass judgement? struggle to drive me rarri let alone an F1 car!:cry3:

balsingh
14-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Jenson won't ever be a world champion .... but i do think he will win a race this season ... and I reckon he will finish ahead of Rubens every race.

beau_apex
14-03-2006, 11:28 AM
PREDICTION: Button will become the Tim Henman of F1. :thumbsdow