PDA

View Full Version : Doh ! ... locked out

ram
15-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Having recently acquired a 360M, I decided to turn the power off to reduce battery drain while not using the car. Only I did so in the following (foolish) sequence:

1/ Opened the door using the key fob.
2/ Opened the bonnet using the switch in the car
3/ Locked the door using the key fob (thinking I could unlock later using the key)
4/ Turned the power off using the switch in the front & closed the bonnet

I am now unable to open the car door as it will not respond to unlocking using the key. Not sure whether this is because of a problem with my specific car or because the lock isn't mechanical and requires electrics to unlock.

Have subsequently read this thread http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=778&highlight=locked

... but unfortunately to no avail

Does anyone know of a way to manually open the bonnet from the exterior ? Or am I properly stuffed ? :embarasse

Kam
15-03-2006, 11:07 PM
You should be able to open the door using the key. What you have described is exactly what happens if you get a flat battery.

When it happened to me I thought the door was locked but it just required a bit of force as the window doesn't drop down from the seal. Be careful not to break the handle.

Once you've got the door open the manual bonnet release is located under the steering column.

ram
16-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks for pointing that out ... I am in now, hadn't realised that much force was required on the door having only used the remote before