PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham Gold Cup

Hud
16-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Just had a sweepstake at work. Ive drawn War of Attrition.

What horse is your money on?

Hud
16-03-2006, 12:08 PM
bump

stimo
16-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Just had a sweepstake at work. Ive drawn War of Attrition.

What horse is your money on?

Lots of seriously class horses as ever. War of Attrition being one of them, the ground looks like it will suit it too which is why i think they bypassed Thursday's Ryanair Chase.

My money is on the first of Hobb's horses Monkerhostsin, it looks a very strong contender this year. All the money is going on Beef Or Salmon so not a good bet. If your looking for an outsider than the French horse Turnium will provide good odds on an each way bet.

KenC
16-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Lots of seriously class horses as ever. War of Attrition being one of them, the ground looks like it will suit it too which is why i think they bypassed Thursday's Ryanair Chase.

My money is on the first of Hobb's horses Monkerhostsin, it looks a very strong contender this year. All the money is going on Beef Or Salmon so not a good bet. If your looking for an outsider than the French horse Turnium will provide good odds on an each way bet.

As I will be there and know nothing about horses I may well be following this advice :thumbsup: .

stimo
16-03-2006, 04:14 PM
As I will be there and know nothing about horses I may well be following this advice :thumbsup: .

My dad is there as ever for the whole Festival, its the highlight of his year. Got no runners though this year, so he can drink more.

Problem with the Gold Cup or Grand National is that you can take tips from anyone, but there are so many class horses that really anything can happen.

Hud
17-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Whahey. Won 25 on the sweepstake at work. How to wind your staff up in one race:grin:

KenC
18-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Typical, put my money on the nose for Menkerhostin and each way on Turnium. The only race I put the bet on at the tote without checking the odds and Wof a was about 7 to 1. I thought it would have had bad odds so thought it wasn't worth bothering about.

Summed up my day. No wins, no places, placepot ran out in race 4. I'm skint now :thumbsdow . Suppose I should not have chased the big odds and gone for some favourites!

stimo
19-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Typical, put my money on the nose for Menkerhostin and each way on Turnium. The only race I put the bet on at the tote without checking the odds and Wof a was about 7 to 1. I thought it would have had bad odds so thought it wasn't worth bothering about.

Summed up my day. No wins, no places, placepot ran out in race 4. I'm skint now :thumbsdow . Suppose I should not have chased the big odds and gone for some favourites!

sorry, if its any consolation i lost 50. (got 300 back through out the day though)

KenC
20-03-2006, 01:23 PM
sorry, if its any consolation i lost 50. (got 300 back through out the day though)

No need to apologise. I've been around long enough to know that its my choice to follow tips or not. At least I never put on more than 20 per race so the damage was limited and totally covered by going for a high point scoring Irish victory on Saturday which paid me a 13:1 return.