PDA

View Full Version : Will england win at rugby today

steve f
18-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I HOPE NOT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KenC
18-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I HOPE NOT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going so hope its aggod game. Just a pity that the tournament will probably be over by the time the game kicks off.

steve f
18-03-2006, 09:32 AM
whats the betting if they lose this thread will be closed by TONYH but if they win it will become a sticky:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

KenC
18-03-2006, 09:35 AM
whats the betting if they lose this thread will be closed by TONYH but if they win it will become a sticky:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

I'll put my money on open either way. But judging by my betting results yesterday it will be closed before I get home.

tonyh
18-03-2006, 10:31 AM

MINGE ! :cry: :mad: :tongue3:

Kam
18-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Be good to see them win but based on the last two perfomances, I think it's a long shot.

Forget about the Rugby, COME ON INDIA in the cricket :tongue3:

barabus
18-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Be good to see them win but based on the last two perfomances, I think it's a long shot.

Forget about the Rugby, COME ON INDIA in the cricket :tongue3:

Sod the cricket, come on Michael for pole:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

steve f
18-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Scotland has won :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

steve f
18-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Scotland has won :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And England have lost:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: yeee haaaa

Kam
18-03-2006, 08:23 PM
And England have lost:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: yeee haaaa

but France have won :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

KenC
19-03-2006, 12:16 AM
England certainly did loose. Our table had a swwep on the number of points scored. Fortunatley the first hurdle was which team would win. Clearly even though I thought England would I had to go for Ireland. Suffice to say I went for Ireland, guessed the correct number of points and covered my losses from Cheltenham yesterday.
Yee ha!

francisn
19-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Scotland above England in the final table

I love it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jules
19-03-2006, 01:06 AM
England have no 'names/stars', they are very mediocre and we cannot expect them to return the world cup conquering ways of old, not for a few years at least. Watching them today was tedious. They lacked any form of idea, the ball was slow from Ellis, at least Goode can throw the ball at speed thus making up for the lack of pace behind the scrum.

Our backs are lacking in creativity, they even need to rely on the old battering ram 'tindall' to make the gain line. Lets face it, it'll be a few years before we get excited about England again. We're now entering the wilderness years, circa 1985- 1990

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

steve f
19-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I am really glad england got beat as if they had won the tv newspapers and sites like this would be full of rubbish about them

stimo
19-03-2006, 11:14 PM
England have no 'names/stars', they are very mediocre and we cannot expect them to return the world cup conquering ways of old, not for a few years at least. Watching them today was tedious. They lacked any form of idea, the ball was slow from Ellis, at least Goode can throw the ball at speed thus making up for the lack of pace behind the scrum.

Our backs are lacking in creativity, they even need to rely on the old battering ram 'tindall' to make the gain line. Lets face it, it'll be a few years before we get excited about England again. We're now entering the wilderness years, circa 1985- 1990

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

with the correct management, coaching, England could field a World Class 15 by the time the WC comes around next year.

1) Sheridan
2) Thompson
3) Vickery
4) Borthwick
5) Grewcock / Shaw
6) Moody
7) Lund
8) Corry Capt (Skirving)
9) Hodgson or Perry
10) Hodgson
11) Varndell
12) Abbott
13) Noon / Tait (or Lewsey with Voyce at Full Back)
14) Cueto
15) Lewsey

The Key to the above is the positions of 6 and 7, the back row makes the whole team work. Moody has been playing at 7 and he is deff a 6, and Lund is one the best open sides in the World and he has been totally overlooked.

We have a strong front row who can carry, a 2nd row that can dominate lineout and secure 2,3,4 etc phase ball and then one of the most exciting backlines i think i have ever seen from an England team. Defence in the back line would be the only concern.

I only saw the last 10 mins of the Ireland game as i was working, but the backs looked a lot better, at least they were going forward and taking the ball at pace running from deep, the same old story in the forwards, too many turnovers, couldn't secure the ball or clear out at rucks. As i say switch Moody to 6 and put Lund in at 7, problem solved.

We have the players and talent in this country, we just need to old t*ats at the RFU to admit they got it wrong, get rid if the gutless AR and change the game plan, be fresh.