PDA

View Full Version : Windsurfers

Hud
08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Any other windsurfers on here? Have been doing it since i was 12 , was a RYA instructor for a while. Mainly wave and slalom for me.

LeeP
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Am an RYA Level 5 dinghy sailer and used to be RYA Race certified crew.
Never tried windsurfing - much preferred the edge in a little fibre glass boat!

Aztec
08-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Spent my younger years 12 upto 16 sailing dinghys, moved onto windsurfing when 17 to about 23, the best fun you can have on water:thumbsup: spent a fortune on kit 4 sails 2 masts 2 boards etc etc. then sold it all when i bought my first house,needed the cash. since then only sail or board on holiday:cry3: Did try kite surfing the other year in the Maldives, that was a blast

Dave

LeeP
08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Spent my younger years 12 upto 16 sailing dinghys, moved onto windsurfing when 17 to about 23, the best fun you can have on water:thumbsup: spent a fortune on kit 4 sails 2 masts 2 boards etc etc. then sold it all when i bought my first house,needed the cash. since then only sail or board on holiday:cry3: Did try kite surfing the other year in the Maldives, that was a blast

Dave

Dave

There's a great sailing club near us. I'll speak nicely to Roy (current owner) who has several personal Laser 2000 rigged for racing. We'll have to take one out one weekend. Great in F3-F5. Anything more, you're asking for high speed disasters!

Hud
08-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Dave

I had this lovely custom Lightwave board made for me when i was 17. All airbrushed by hand 270 in length, i was 11 stone.

Needless to say its now a sinker and i need force 4 to get it moving!!

Aztec
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Had a board made for me, it was a slalom board made by valhalla custon in Liverpool 280cm and about 100L my then 10 stone could just about uphaul it but the board would be about 18 inch under water:angry: No problem with water starts though

Aztec
08-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Dave

There's a great sailing club near us. I'll speak nicely to Roy (current owner) who has several personal Laser 2000 rigged for racing. We'll have to take one out one weekend. Great in F3-F5. Anything more, you're asking for high speed disasters!

please wait for the warmer weather, i'm soft now!

Aztec
08-11-2005, 04:44 PM
When it's cold KEEP OUT OF THE WATER

Xmas day last year

Philjay50
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Windsurfing, what a blast, been doing it for years, rubbish at it tho'.
I have a couple of boards, Sailboard 370 and a Cobra 160 I think.
Do valhalla still exsist, they did some repairs for me years ago.
When I was a spotty youth I made surf boards for extra cash while at college, hence the name Philjay. We use to head off to Barritz for the surfing, anywhere down that coast seemed to be good.
Do you guys still go and if so where ?

Hud
10-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Windsurfing, what a blast, been doing it for years, rubbish at it tho'.
I have a couple of boards, Sailboard 370 and a Cobra 160 I think.
Do valhalla still exsist, they did some repairs for me years ago.
When I was a spotty youth I made surf boards for extra cash while at college, hence the name Philjay. We use to head off to Barritz for the surfing, anywhere down that coast seemed to be good.
Do you guys still go and if so where ?

Sailed Lanzarote, fuerteventura (for its waves)a few times, uk sailing mainly Hunstanton, hayling island, stokes bay, rutland water, ferry meadows and tallington lakes.

my boards been hung up for a couple of yrs now tho!! tried mountain biking and spent 's on that - then got kids, a business and a ferrari to look after.