PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday at St Agate

jos
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Pre-production LP 640 Murcielago outside the factory yesterday in a fab new olive green colour - makes it look really subtle and desirable

As an aside I was told how the Countach got its name - apparently they drove the prototype to its world launch (probably Geneva Show) destined to be called the LP 400 (I think) - one of the members of staff seeing it for the first time went 'wow !' in his Italian dialect which word was : Countach - and the name stuck

Elms
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I think that is a very nice and retro colour :thumbsup: ..........still would go for white though :grin:

jtremlett
04-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Pre-production LP 640 Murcielago outside the factory yesterday in a fab new olive green colour - makes it look really subtle and desirable

As an aside I was told how the Countach got its name - apparently they drove the prototype to its world launch (probably Geneva Show) destined to be called the LP 400 (I think) - one of the members of staff seeing it for the first time went 'wow !' in his Italian dialect which word was : Countach - and the name stuckNot the colour I'd go for myself...

Countach is Piedmontese dialect and, as I understand it, means something untranslatable, but rather ruder than 'wow', but perhaps they were sparing your blushes (or you ours!). The story as I heard it was that it was when Ferrucio Lamborghini and Nuccio Bertone were first seeing Marcello Gandini's design for the car, that the famous word was uttered.

Jonathan