PDA

View Full Version : Results of a pro spending 14 hours zymoling!

hedge
17-04-2006, 12:48 AM
:thumbsup: Simon Belli (posts as 'simon') just finished a mission of a job random orbitting, claying, hd cleansing and zymol vintaging the 328 and whilst I cannot fully appreciate the finish as he didn't leave until gone 10pm(!), from what I can see it looks like astounding depth and lustre has been achieved, and the ever annoying swirls are significantly reduced which I have been banging on about how to get rid of on many an occassion.

Can highly recommend Simon - he didn't stop, arriving at 8.30am, leaving at 10pm and with a 3 hour drive (each way) on top, you do the math - a long day, and consistently refused numerous offers of being fed and watered. I'm sure he can post details of the exact process he went through, these are the results (night time), day shots to follow.

Thanks mate, top job. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smile:

http://www.*****************.co.uk/

(I have not tweaked the contrast or anything else on these pics, straight from the camera, the shine is just superb)

MetroMan
17-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Looks stunning..:thumbsup:

steve f
17-04-2006, 07:11 AM
why did he use a buffer [machine polisher] with zymol i thought this was TABOO with zymol ????????????????:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

barabus
17-04-2006, 09:33 AM
An excellent job:thumbsup:

MARKY 355
17-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Superb job:thumbsup:

hedge
17-04-2006, 11:23 AM
why did he use a buffer [machine polisher] with zymol i thought this was TABOO with zymol ????????????????:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I don't think the compounds used were zymol ones. the HD and Vintage wax came after the buffing, which was done to remove the swirl marks that I couldn't lose with zymol last year.

bout to go for a spin and see the car in daylight :)

F355GTS
17-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Blimey, look fantastic, I better get mine done or I'll have the grubbiest car on the tour :)

ferrari-spider
17-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Very nice:thumbsup: I do miss my old 328:cry:

Fraccie
17-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Very nice:thumbsup: I do miss my old 328:cry:

Sell the hairdressers car and get back in a real Ferrari then Chas..............:dude:

Modificata
17-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Looks awesome mate! I bet you dont feel like driving it now!:thumbsup:

WillW
17-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Excellent job for excellent car, looks stunning!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hedge
17-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Looks awesome mate! I bet you dont feel like driving it now!:thumbsup:

opposite - couldn't wait to blast off this morning. Had a very nice afternoon in Windsor, saw Dem randomly whizzing by in the 355, then got back to the car and discovered bits of chuffing sap on it blown over from a tree I was parked near - ho hum.:cry3: Still looks amazing though :)

hedge
17-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Excellent job for excellent car, looks stunning!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks m8

hedge
17-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Here's a few day time (pre sap!) pics - the finish is fab in sunlight:thumbsup: Thanks again Simon.

tonyh
17-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Very nice Marc :thumbsup: Is cost roughly the same as other wax pros, around £240?

spidermanUK
17-04-2006, 08:15 PM
That looks lovely Marc:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And after watching Simon for 14 hours, you can see where the price comes from! I haven't seen Simon work, but I know from Dave's efforts, it's all about preparation and sheer hard graft, worth it though!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just one question, why did you go vintage rather than Royale? :huh:

bukem
18-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Looks superb Marc. Hope you are well... Ben.

steve f
18-04-2006, 07:55 AM
HELLO CAN ANBODY ANSWER THIS AS THE BUFFING MACHINE ADDS SWIRL MARKS

Hazy
18-04-2006, 08:07 AM

TBH Steve, Zymol Dave used a buffer on my bro in laws A4 cabby with spectacular results. I think they use em when the swirling is too bad to polish out by hand, gotta say the machine polish left no marks at all, I think its down to the expertise of the user really.

Is it true Glyn had to rub your old bus down with 24grit wet and dry first???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

steve f
18-04-2006, 08:22 AM
TBH Steve, Zymol Dave used a buffer on my bro in laws A4 cabby with spectacular results. I think they use em when the swirling is too bad to polish out by hand, gotta say the machine polish left no marks at all, I think its down to the expertise of the user really.

Is it true Glyn had to rub your old bus down with 24grit wet and dry first???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Glynn will be doing it again if i ever get it back from the paint shop [barnsley bus depot] cheap job on the side :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hedge
18-04-2006, 10:50 AM

It was a random orbiter which is random motion so does not add swirls apparently.

hedge
18-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Looks superb Marc. Hope you are well... Ben.

very well thanks m8, hope to see you at a meet soon!

hedge
18-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Very nice Marc :thumbsup: Is cost roughly the same as other wax pros, around £240?

Depends on the work required with the buffer, as that's an extra process from klay/HD/wax, and on travel time (Simon was 3 hours each way from me), but I think the standard job is around that number, yes.

steve f
18-04-2006, 10:52 AM
It was a random orbiter which is random motion so does not add swirls apparently.
Thanks but that dont make sense

hedge
18-04-2006, 10:54 AM
That looks lovely Marc:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And after watching Simon for 14 hours, you can see where the price comes from! I haven't seen Simon work, but I know from Dave's efforts, it's all about preparation and sheer hard graft, worth it though!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just one question, why did you go vintage rather than Royale? :huh:

Thanks m8. At the moment Simon's top polish is the vintage which I believe was renouned as the best out there until Royale came along, which he is more than likely investing in soon.

I have a little book now like a service history which gets stamped when the car is treated to keep with the service history. :)

430RGT
18-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Car looks absoultely amazing:thumbsup:

hedge
18-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Car looks absoultely amazing:thumbsup:

thanks dude. i LURVE my car. never ever selling her. ever.

t1grm
23-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks but that dont make sense

Quoted from this site:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_polish.html

“Polishing by machine opens up more possibilities in comparison to polishing by hand, as products can be worked much harder and for much longer with ease. For example, the most popular dual action polisher on the market has a maximum working speed of 6000 orbits per minute. It is impossible for a human being to replicate this work rate - just imagine trying to polish a panel in a circular motion 6000 times a minute for 5 minutes or more, all the time applying constant pressure! Because the work rate is also selectable, machine polishers can be used to safely tackle all forms of paint defects, ranging from minor swirl marks to very deep scratches. The only proviso is that the clear coat must be intact before starting, and must not be reduced to less than 50% of its original thickness as a result of polishing. A further benefit of polishing by machine at high work rates is that painted surfaces can be burnished to an exceptionally high lustre prior to the application of wax or sealant protection - the same quality of finish is very hard to achieve when working by hand.”