PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of the way football players behave.

stimo
17-04-2006, 04:21 PM
From the Chelsea vs Everton game today.

James Mcfadden made superb tackle on Robben in the box, what happens next, Robben is acting like McFadden hit him with an axe, Mourinho and Clarke are shouting and screaming for a penatly from the touch line, Terry, Lampard and co are surrounding the Ref, demanding a penatly.

I think its disgusting and im not sure how some of these players these days can call themselves proffesional's.

ps - have they caught the guy who shot Drogba at the same time Carsley made that tackle that got him sent off ? Where was the Gunman ?

Football is fast becoming a playground for over-paid children !

At least rugby players have respect for each other, the ref, and the supporters. No cheating, no talking back to the ref, no crap taken by the ref. Proper sport - they way football used to be.

Rant over

Fraccie
17-04-2006, 04:23 PM
From the Chelsea vs Everton game today.

James Mcfadden made superb tackle on Robben in the box, what happens next, Robben is acting like McFadden hit him with an axe, Mourinho and Clarke are shouting and screaming for a penatly from the touch line, Terry, Lampard and co are surrounding the Ref, demanding a penatly.

I think its disgusting and im not sure how some of these players these days can call themselves proffesional's.

ps - have they caught the guy who shot Drogba at the same time Carsley made that tackle that got him sent off ? Where was the Gunman ?

Football is fast becoming a playground for over-paid children !

At least rugby players have respect for each other, the ref, and the supporters. No cheating, no talking back to the ref, no crap taken by the ref. Proper sport - they way football used to be.

Rant over

Stimo............amazingly, we agree.....................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(except Bulgarian football.................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

noony
18-04-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm sick of Rob Styles :thumbsdow

steve f
18-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I am sick of football on here :mad: :mad: :mad: its ferrari chat/talk

430RGT
18-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I agree, the ref was having a laugh, made a huge mistake at the second half letting chelsea start one man down, then only grinning then shouting at some random people (proberly the lines-men)...:thumbsdow There is defintly something wrong with football nowadays:cry:

steve f
18-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree, the ref was having a laugh, made a huge mistake at the second half letting chelsea start one man down, then only grinning then shouting at some random people (proberly the lines-men)...:thumbsdow There is defintly something wrong with football nowadays:cry:
Too much money involved now its not a game or a sport anymore

Kam
18-04-2006, 11:05 AM
I am sick of football on here :mad: :mad: :mad: its ferrari chat/talk

It's the Sport Talk section old boy :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

steve f
18-04-2006, 11:06 AM
It's the Sport Talk section old boy :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:
Less of the old and more of the BOY :laugh: :laugh:

noony
18-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Less of the old and more of the BOY :laugh: :laugh:
ladyboy, more like

Lagerlout
20-04-2006, 03:36 PM
>No cheating, no talking back to the ref

Surely you jest? England are a pack of cheats, the French a bunch of biting, ball grabbing b*stards, the Aussies masters of slowing down the ball illegally, the South Africans kings of dirty play and of course the All Blacks are as pure as the driven snow as usual. :grin:

Sure there is no girly namby pamby whining and throwing hissy fits like in Football but there is mucho cheating and talking back to the ref. Hell MJ and Sean Fitzpatrick might as well have been the referee at times in their careers. :laugh:

Football: The real problem is how much they pay them, they get it in their heads they're some kind of god and can act any way they please. The media doesn't help here either.

stimo
20-04-2006, 05:30 PM
>No cheating, no talking back to the ref

Surely you jest? England are a pack of cheats, the French a bunch of biting, ball grabbing b*stards, the Aussies masters of slowing down the ball illegally, the South Africans kings of dirty play and of course the All Blacks are as pure as the driven snow as usual. :grin:

Sure there is no girly namby pamby whining and throwing hissy fits like in Football but there is mucho cheating and talking back to the ref. Hell MJ and Sean Fitzpatrick might as well have been the referee at times in their careers. :laugh:

Football: The real problem is how much they pay them, they get it in their heads they're some kind of god and can act any way they please. The media doesn't help here either.

You need to watch a game of rugby. If you talk back to the ref and he deems it not neccesary, 10 metre penatly. Continue, yellow card, 10 mins off the pitch, keep going and its red !!! The players call the Ref Sir, they are allowed to ask why a decision was made and the ref will exlpain it. 9/10 the Ref will only accept the Captain talking to him. There is no 'back chatting' to the ref in rugby !

Rugby players push the laws to the end, agreed, but the problem is the interpritation of the laws are different depending on where you come from. In Australia you are allowed dummy runners running in front of the ball, in England you are not. Does this mean the Aussie are cheating when they do it. Of course not.

How are England a pack of cheats ?
When did a French player bite someone ?
Slowing the ball down is not illegal ! There are methods of slowing it down that are illegal.
South Africans - can't really argue, but they have cleaned up their act a lot, well until Smit elbowed Thion in the throat and fractured his larynx.
All Blacks really push the letter of the law in the loose, but thats part of the game. 95% of the time, what they are doing is legal !

Lagerlout
20-04-2006, 10:43 PM
>You need to watch a game of rugby

That's hilarious.. :laugh:

What would I know eh. Thanks for explaining it all to me mate.

stimo
21-04-2006, 09:33 AM
>You need to watch a game of rugby

That's hilarious.. :laugh:

What would I know eh. Thanks for explaining it all to me mate.

Well from your post, not much !

Fraccie
21-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Well from your post, not much !

You ever played Rugby League or Union?

stimo
21-04-2006, 09:10 PM
You ever played Rugby League or Union?

Union, from 4 til 25

Did two pre season's with Keighly Cougars RL Team

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Union, from 4 til 25

Did two pre season's with Keighly Cougars RL Team

i just wondered............thats all

who did you coach under at Keetly?

stimo
22-04-2006, 03:02 PM
i just wondered............thats all

who did you coach under at Keetly?

I wasn't at Keetly, it was a pre season training exercise the Yorkshire Under 16 Union team did with them. All based around fitness. The Keetyly Under 16 coach was Ted Godfrey and the assistant was Dave Atkins ! This is back in 95

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I wasn't at Keetly, it was a pre season training exercise the Yorkshire Under 16 Union team did with them. All based around fitness. The Keetyly Under 16 coach was Ted Godfrey and the assistant was Dave Atkins ! This is back in 95

I figured that you played to good standard .As you seem knowledgable on this subject............

stimo
22-04-2006, 04:04 PM
I figured that you played to good standard .As you seem knowledgable on this subject............

Played to a high level till 22, then got injured, came back, wasn't as good, everyone had got much much better than me, so just played for fun for a bit, then i went and got drunk, smoked and ate crap for 3 years.

Now trying to reverse the effects its had on me !

Giving up booze is hard and boring !

Might try and play again in Aus, they seem to be at my level right now ! ha ha
Execpt their Under 19's who look class