PDA

View Full Version : Tyre dressing??

sjw ferrari
19-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Does anyone have a good tyre dressing they use that gives a top gloss finish without it marking the wheels or splattering the car up the sides when driven??

WillW
19-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Autoglym Vinyl and Rybber Care, excellent for that.

sjw ferrari
19-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Yeah have used that before, only gives top gloss shine on new tyres, not so good on older ones

Hazy
19-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have a good tyre dressing they use that gives a top gloss finish without it marking the wheels or splattering the car up the sides when driven??

autoglym tyre foam. Top stuff dude:thumbsup: I spray a bit on a sponge and wipe my engine bay round with it too!

Angelis
19-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Meguirs do one. It's applied using a sponge.

Better than the foam type application.

sjw ferrari
19-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Meguirs do one. It's applied using a sponge.

Better than the foam type application.

Will give that a try:thumbsup: the foam stuff also tends to mark the driveway if not carefull

hedge
19-04-2006, 07:03 PM
I have tried loads and always come back to good old Armor All (get it from Halfords)

rmdferrari
19-04-2006, 07:05 PM
I have tried loads and always come back to good old Armor All (get it from Halfords)

Exact same stuff I use. In foam. No spray onto wings. Wipe residue off wheels. :thumbsup:

barabus
19-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Exact same stuff I use. In foam. No spray onto wings. Wipe residue off wheels. :thumbsup:

Tell me this stuff don't shoot off the tyres onto the car as soon as you drive it Rich?????

rmdferrari
19-04-2006, 07:21 PM
No, this stuff sticks to the tyre wall in my experience. The "trigger-action" liquids that are usually sold as wet look tend to be the ones that spray over the wings/arches.... been through the lot. Armour All is good, a shine with not too much wetness.

KenC
19-04-2006, 07:27 PM
Black shoe polish applied with a brush does the trick for me :thumbsup: .

steve f
19-04-2006, 07:31 PM
The best result you will ever get and i promise nothing is as good get a black felt tip marker pen and do the whole tyre amazing result :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

barabus
19-04-2006, 07:34 PM
The best result you will ever get and i promise nothing is as good get a black felt tip marker pen and do the whole tyre amazing result :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ha bloody haha that would take forever:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Jaz
19-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Anyone tried the Zymol stuff..? I heard that it gives a nice matt finish..

ferrari-spider
19-04-2006, 09:01 PM
suprises me that one very old trick has been missed in all the advice. Used engine oil is perfect for tyres. Wipe on with cloth and watch the fantastic results:thumbsup: Trust Charlie:dude:

tonyh
19-04-2006, 09:22 PM

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Scottish Yorkshire man Surprised?

stevew
19-04-2006, 10:14 PM

Surprised you don't rub the tyre with a lump of coal:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Autoglym rubber dressing has always given good results.

barabus
19-04-2006, 10:15 PM
suprises me that one very old trick has been missed in all the advice. Used engine oil is perfect for tyres. Wipe on with cloth and watch the fantastic results:thumbsup: Trust Charlie:dude:

You only tell us that so all our cars will be splattered with oil when we get to the meet and yours looks sweet cos you used Zymol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

ric355
19-04-2006, 10:26 PM

Yeah have used that before, only gives top gloss shine on new tyres, not so good on older ones

I use AutoGlym Instant Tyre Dressing, which does a great job. Nice finish, not too glossy. Works the same regardless of age of tyre.

Iain
20-04-2006, 12:56 AM
I've got some turtle wax tyre dressing stuff that doesn't seem to splatter. Sensible finish as well - not all silly gloss black

I.

hedge
20-04-2006, 12:59 AM

Just don't drip any on the the tread :yikes:

WillW
20-04-2006, 08:02 AM
I use AutoGlym Instant Tyre Dressing, which does a great job. Nice finish, not too glossy. Works the same regardless of age of tyre.

I actually do like glossy tires so that's why I still stays with AG Vinyl and Rubber Care, and I only use new/good tyres. :wink3: Didn't like Turtle Wax Tyre Dressing as result was quite dull IMO.

steve f
20-04-2006, 08:26 AM
put some deisal on a rag and rub the tyres fantastic shine but stinks horrible :laugh: :laugh:

Fraccie
20-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Black Smoothrite....works for me............:thumbsup:

Lagerlout
20-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre care in a green horrible looking bottle. Works very well and lasts quite a long time too.

400SPYDER
21-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Auto Express test again - Car Plan came top :-

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/44862/tyre_shines.html

Dave Z
23-04-2006, 12:05 AM
If you want a high gloss, I'd go for the auto glym stuff , good shine but it does splat up the side.
The Zymol tyre is more for protection than enhancement , its pretty good if your car doesnt come out much ,as it helps prevent the tyre wall from cracking/perishing