PDA

View Full Version : Respect to Zymol Dave

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 04:16 PM
..for doing car detailing for a living....done the front,drivers side and roof of the Mondial................what a bleeding tedious job!..............:thumbsdow

barabus
22-04-2006, 04:23 PM
..for doing car detailing for a living....done the front,drivers side and roof of the Mondial................what a bleeding tedious job!..............:thumbsdow

Hahahahaha pay yer sen 300 quid and you'll feel better:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

spidermanUK
22-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Hahahahaha pay yer sen 300 quid and you'll feel better:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do it for 13 hours solid, then you won't!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Angelis
22-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Just done the bonnet now. I should be finished zymol'ing in about 90 minutes. still ahve to hoover and clean the glass.

:cry3:

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Just done the bonnet now. I should be finished zymol'ing in about 90 minutes. still ahve to hoover and clean the glass.

Engine lid and boot lid done...........coffee time..................:thumbsdow why,oh why did i start this bleeding job.......:huh: :huh:

ric355
22-04-2006, 05:00 PM

Why do you hoover your glass?

Angelis
22-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Why do you hoover your glass?

It's that extra bit that makes it worth while.

The best solution is to have the glass rubbed with the breasts of virgins, but being in essex, not many of them araound.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just finsihed the top part of teh car.

Now come the strakes which take ages.............

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 05:20 PM
It's that extra bit that makes it worth while.

The best solution is to have the glass rubbed with the breasts of virgins, but being in essex, not many of them araound.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just finsihed the top part of teh car.

Now come the strakes which take ages.............

The Mondials come off,nice and easy,just one screw...:thumbsup: ............Am i right in assuming that you only need to use clay every now and again?

Angelis
22-04-2006, 05:25 PM
The Mondials come off,nice and easy,just one screw...:thumbsup: ............Am i right in assuming that you only need to use clay every now and again?

Only use the clay bar and HD cleanse once.

Then it's just a matter of applying as many coats of zymol as possible. :thumbsup:

GrahamS
22-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Spent about 16 hours, split over 3 days, on mine so far.

2 x clay bar, 2 x HD cleanse plus 1 coat of Zymol. Just got the sills to do now and I have to say I'm bloody sick of doing it, my back is killing and I feel sick :thumbsdow

Looking good though :thumbsup:

spidermanUK
22-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Spent about 16 hours, split over 3 days, on mine so far.

2 x clay bar, 2 x HD cleanse plus 1 coat of Zymol. Just got the sills to do now and I have to say I'm bloody sick of doing it, my back is killing and I feel sick :thumbsdow

Looking good though :thumbsup:
So are you going to stop referring to him as "Dave easy-money Bowerman" now?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do admire all of you with the energy and inclination to do it yourselves, I get fed up doing Madam's Merc with the Flash doofer!:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 07:35 PM
So are you going to stop referring to him as "Dave easy-money Bowerman" now?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do admire all of you with the energy and inclination to do it yourselves, I get fed up doing Madam's Merc with the Flash doofer!:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

It was worth it Clive...........it looks even better in the flesh..........cleaning wheelarch liners ain`t my thang...............:thumbsup:

stevew
22-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Top job mate:thumbsup: betcha need a beer now:grin:

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Top job mate:thumbsup: betcha need a beer now:grin:

Funny you should mention that Steve.....feel a bit parched.............:wink3:

Lots of picture 1 equates to lots of picture 2...............:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave Z
22-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Nice to see you boys working hard for a change :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You think Fezza's are hard work , try an audi A6 estate , did one on thursday , started at 8 am finished at 10:30 pm then had to drive 2 and half hours back home .

Hard work , but got to be the most rewarding job in the world.:thumbsup:

Fraccie
22-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Nice to see you boys working hard for a change :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You think Fezza's are hard work , try an audi A6 estate , did one on thursday , started at 8 am finished at 10:30 pm then had to drive 2 and half hours back home .

Hard work , but got to be the most rewarding job in the world.:thumbsup:

Dave.............i polished the wifes Toyota Previa...................about three years ago.............never again......they are fqin big.................:thumbsdow

Dave Z
23-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Dave.............i polished the wifes Toyota Previa...................about three years ago.............never again......they are fqin big.................:thumbsdow

I did an airplane last summer , it took me 3 days

sonicracingr1
23-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Sorry to butt in guys but I am having the bumper and bonnet resprayed in a couple of weeks due to stone chips.I then want to get Dave out to make it gleam but was wondering how long after the painting this could be done?

Dave?

Fraccie
23-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I did an airplane last summer , it took me 3 days

Betcha got pissed off with it Dave?.....................:grin: :grin: :grin:

Fraccie
23-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Sorry to butt in guys but I am having the bumper and bonnet resprayed in a couple of weeks due to stone chips.I then want to get Dave out to make it gleam but was wondering how long after the painting this could be done?

Dave?

Not sure Mark,SteveW or Dave will know.

Older paints used to be about two weeks,new paints may be different.

ric355
23-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Not sure Mark,SteveW or Dave will know.

Older paints used to be about two weeks,new paints may be different.

General guide seems to be 30 days.

Fraccie
23-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Time for the second coat.................could get used to this...........:shocked:

Dave Z
23-04-2006, 01:58 PM

Dave?

Zymol's microporous so it allows the paint to breath and cure naturally , probably best to leave it about 4 to 6 weeks though, just so the paint hardens off nicely , reducing the risk of scratching the soft paint.:thumbsup:

sonicracingr1
23-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for that,will be in touch soon.
Mark.:smile: