PDA

View Full Version : Brabus X8 sighting & query

Patrizia Cataldo
23-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Followed a Brabus X8 all the way along London Embankment Saturday. Have not seen a car with 6 exhaust pipes on the road before. :smile: :smile: Lost it's trial at Tower Bridge. :drive:

Who can tell me more about the Brabus X8?? Have Googled it but my server is too slow for the downloads. Am dying to know more.

Thought I knew quite a bit about cars but am stumped by this one. :square:

Thanks!

thenumber1
23-04-2006, 10:45 PM
the six pipes might be a brabus thing, but i have seen it on Koenig tuned Ferrari's

Its a bit excessive IMO, but it might sound good.

What type of Merc was it, as i cant find anything on google for "Brabus X8"???

Patrizia Cataldo
23-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks for this.

Was not as loud as expected for a 6 exhaust car. Put my windows down to get a good listen but was not that loud. Passed a yellow Ferrari that was much louder - pass that F430 most Saturdays by chance along the Embankment. So this thing was relatively quiet but accelerated like stink.

As to the Brabus X8 the marque was a B. Felt it should be a Mercedes but with the B marque I get confused & thought it was not Mercedes. Interesting that you cannot find any info. I wonder if anyone else knows.

Number plate BRA K8 on this thing. Was following for at least 6 -8 miles so had a good look.

6 exhausts not attractive or at least not an attractive car but very intrigued, must have an awesome engine. In comparison I always think Ferrari the best across the board. :grin: :grin: :grin:

thenumber1
24-04-2006, 03:17 PM
It's a Brabus K8, not X8

Google it now - you'll get loads of info.

An SL55 AMG as a base car - it kicks out around 550bhp.

Patrizia Cataldo
24-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks, will check it out now.

Must need eyes tested - the numberplate was a bit of a hint :laugh: :glasses: :glasses: