PDA

View Full Version : 355 spider aux switches

nige1
24-04-2006, 06:23 PM
the switches by the gear lever seem confused!
1. the front fog lights do not work even with the headlights up & on.
2. the lock switch works ok but UN-lock is activated by the heated door mirror switch!
3. the rear fog is OK,
it sounds like wires are crossed....any ideas?

GrahamS
24-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Re No 1
Common misconception but they're not actually fog lights. They're described as "daytime flashing lights" and that's all they do.

If you want to flash your lights during the daytime then these lights illuminate.
At night, when your light pods are up then the main beam lights flash instead
It saves the headlights having to pop up if you want to flash your lights during the day :thumbsup:

nige1
24-04-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks

any thoughts on the locking?

GrahamS
24-04-2006, 08:51 PM
thanks

any thoughts on the locking?

I don't even think i've got a heated mirror switch in mine (95 model), although there are defintiely wires attached to the back of the mirror:huh:

So what happens when you press the door unlock switch? have you even got an unlock switch?

ric355
24-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't even think i've got a heated mirror switch in mine (95 model), although there are defintiely wires attached to the back of the mirror:huh:

So what happens when you press the door unlock switch? have you even got an unlock switch?

The heated door mirror switch is actually the heated rear screen switch.

Sounds like the unlock switch and the rear screen switch are swapped over. The rest appears to be ok as daytime flashers operate as Graham states.

GrahamS
24-04-2006, 09:05 PM

Sounds like the unlock switch and the rear screen switch are swapped over. The rest appears to be ok as daytime flashers operate as Graham states.
Well I've learnt something too :thumbsup:

nige1
24-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I'll go try it all when I get home
thanks

tonyh
24-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Not on Spider , Ric. The heated mirrorswitch does what it says on tin, or should do.A dash light will show in orange . Internal door lock switch should work lock .

ric355
24-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Not on Spider , Ric. The heated mirrorswitch does what it says on tin, or should do.A dash light will light in orange . Internal door lock switch should work lock .

Doh! Didn't read that it was a Spider!