PDA

View Full Version : Villareal Vs Arsenal

Albert V8
25-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I am wearing my Villarreal kit and sitting draped in the Spanish Flag this evening.

I have also bought a slab of San Miguel beer! :grin:

Come on Villarreal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

noony
25-04-2006, 05:01 PM
old boy Forlan and new boy Riquelme will do the business :thumbsup:

v15ben
25-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll be supporting Arsenal.
They may be a diving bunch of cheats with a manager who never sees anything and thinks the sun shines out of his a-hole, but at least they are the English team :thumbsup:

francisn
25-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Well they do have one English player playing this time :thumbsup: But as a Spurs supporter I can't say I am particularly enthusiastic about them winning the Champions League!!

Albert V8
25-04-2006, 09:40 PM
The **** played ****!

I guess i have to buy a Barca Team Kit now. :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

You just know were gonna finish 4th and those tossers are gonna win the cup :thumbsdow

noony
25-04-2006, 09:45 PM
jammy gits!

see you next year Roman!

steve f
25-04-2006, 09:50 PM
not a footballer really but arsenal was rubbish c:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

francisn
25-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah SteveF - but they won :thumbsdow

francisn
25-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Ally McCoyst thought they would have a harder time against Milan. So Albert - cheer on Ac tomorrow

Albert V8
25-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Ally McCoyst thought they would have a harder time against Milan. So Albert - cheer on Ac tomorrow

In all honesty. Not AC IMHO.

My favourite player in the world at the moment is Ronaldinho.

I have never seen a player enjoy his football as much as that bloke.

Always has a smile, i ****in love the bloke.

Can't think of a better person to knock the smile off of the Gooners faces.

But if they win, i will as always, acknowledge their victory by going into hiding for another 30 years :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

F328GTS
25-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Deja vus.. another rubbish premiership side, 5th in the table in the final. How do such poor teams make it through, when the top three English sides are out? :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A308 MAN
25-04-2006, 10:47 PM
...... when the top three English sides are out? :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
English ???
come off it, Nige.

:cheers:, d

tom
25-04-2006, 10:47 PM
It's still good to see an English club in the final, rivalries (well, maybe not you Spurs boys :wink3:) aside.

Fraccie
25-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Don`t watch football often.............being a Citeh fan...:wink3: ..Arsenal had an awful amount of luck tonight.Never a penalty,that was all that is wrong with football!............good luck to the Arsenal though.

Did we beat Villa?

francisn
25-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Yes you did

About time you got a result. Though beating Villa hardly counts :sleeping:

Fraccie
25-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes you did

About time you got a result. Though beating Villa hardly counts :sleeping:

Ooooooooooooooooooooh.....................unfair,t he Brummies are losing two premiership teams this season,thank god we had a few results early season!

t1grm
26-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Fair play to them I say. Iíll always support the other British clubs in Europe if Chelsea gets knocked out. Yes they played crap, but they did what was necessary last week and held out for the draw last night. It wasnít pretty but you take it any way you can. Plus theyíll have home advantage in the Stade de France! Looking forward to a Milan Arsenal final!

Fraccie
26-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Plus theyíll have home advantage in the Stade de France!

Nice one mate................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stimo
26-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Deja vus.. another rubbish premiership side, 5th in the table in the final. How do such poor teams make it through, when the top three English sides are out? :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Passion, determination, guts, fighting for each other and in Rafa and Wenger, the best two managers in the League (Moyes next in line).

Lots of unfancied teams getting through to the final recently and upsetting the 'big boys', sorry Nige, but its great to see. No offence but im glad money can't buy you everything in football.

400SPYDER
26-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Passion, determination, guts, fighting for each other and in Rafa and Wenger, the best two managers in the League (Moyes next in line).

Lots of unfancied teams getting through to the final recently and upsetting the 'big boys', sorry Nige, but its great to see. No offence but im glad money can't buy you everything in football.

Well said Chris - I am delighted that once again Chelsea and their arrogant tosser manager have been put in the shade for the 2nd season in a row.

And just to show that I will take no delight whatsoever if Spurs loose out in the last Champions League spot - here is a little something which I believe may have something to do with Saturdays tete a tete(now I know what it means :D:D:D:D) with Jol.

t1grm
26-04-2006, 03:06 PM
I am delighted that once again Chelsea and their arrogant tosser manager have been put in the shade for the 2nd season in a row.

So winning back to back premiership titles is staying in the shade is it? :sleeping:

stimo
26-04-2006, 03:40 PM
So winning back to back premiership titles is staying in the shade is it? :sleeping:

Winning the league is a tremendous acheievement. I know nearly every club who has won the Prem has in some way 'bought' the title, i mean look at Blackburn Rovers. But his Chelsea team/club is totally different. I mean winning the league when you have spent that much money on players and have expenditure of £286.6 Million in one year alone, isn't that impressive.

Its very very obvious why Chelsea are winning the league. Strength in depth. They have more £10 million pound players on the bench earning £50k a week than most Prem clubs have in their first team - of course they are going to win the league, if they dont having spent that amount of money, it can be called nothing but a complete and utter disaster.

Problem is Chelsea were totally out-classed by Barca in Europe. All that money spent and they still are not up with the very best.

You know i can see Chelsea dominating English football in the short term, but in the long term, i think Roman and his Billions might destroy Chelsea as a football club .

If Roman leaves, sell's dies etc, who is going to have the money to come in a pay the wages and running costs of Chelsea, which will be massive.
Who is going to want to buy a club that is leaking massive amounts of money everywhere, simply because the last owner was too rich to care.

Chelsea might dominate football for the next 5-10 years, i see them in division 1 in 15-20 as a club owned by banks and heavily in debt if not out of business. Chelsea fans better hope and pray that their is another Billionaire waiting in the wings .

t1grm
26-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Sorry but you're contradicting yourself there. First you say that Chelsea has bought success in the premiership then you say they are still not up to the standard of Barca. Since we have spent more money that Barca on players then evidently money does not buy you success otherwise we would have beat them too. It’s not that simple.

Regards the future, Kenyon has already said that the big spending is at an end and the club has to become a financial viable entity. If you discount transfer fees we made an operating profit last year so we would be able to meet player’s wages out of current revenues if Abramovich bailed out although big new signings would be more difficult.

stimo
26-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Sorry but you're contradicting yourself there. First you say that Chelsea has bought success in the premiership then you say they are still not up to the standard of Barca. Since we have spent more money that Barca on players then evidently money does not buy you success otherwise we would have beat them too. Itís not that simple.

Regards the future, Kenyon has already said that the big spending is at an end and the club has to become a financial viable entity. If you discount transfer fees we made an operating profit last year so we would be able to meet playerís wages out of current revenues if Abramovich bailed out although big new signings would be more difficult.

Im not cotradicting myself at all. Chelsea have bought the Premiership, by saying that means they have won it, as you pointed out, back to back, well done - not all that impressive at all considdering the amount of money the club have lavished on players and salaries. I think there are at least 10 clubs that could have won back to back league's given the amount of money Chelsea have spent.

My point is, that surely with this amount of expenditure, The Champions League is the prize that Chelsea want the most, and it seems they are still some way behind Barcalona, who have spent some big money, but not in the same league as Chelsea, but maybe more wisely.

Its seems that over a big long season, money can buy you the title. But in Cup comps, FA, Champions League etc, money is not the answer to success. All the important factors of football are the answers to success. Look at Greece winning the Euro, Porto beating Monaco, Liverpool last year, all built on passion, guts, team work and spirit. Not who has the budget.

Its really really nice to see :thumbsup:

noony
26-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry but you're contradicting yourself there. First you say that Chelsea has bought success in the premiership then you say they are still not up to the standard of Barca. Since we have spent more money that Barca on players then evidently money does not buy you success otherwise we would have beat them too. Itís not that simple.

Regards the future, Kenyon has already said that the big spending is at an end and the club has to become a financial viable entity. If you discount transfer fees we made an operating profit last year so we would be able to meet playerís wages out of current revenues if Abramovich bailed out although big new signings would be more difficult.
you can't believe anything kenyon says...bald fat t*sser :thumbsdow

noony
26-04-2006, 05:04 PM
My point is, that surely with this amount of expenditure, The Champions League is the prize that Chelsea want the most, and it seems they are still some way behind Barcalona, who have spent some big money, but not in the same league as Chelsea, but maybe more wisely.

barcelona haven't spent that much really - a lot of their players have come through the youth system :thumbsup:

Valdes, Puyol, Oleguer, Xavi, Motta, Iniesta, Messi not to mention Fabregas

stimo
26-04-2006, 05:08 PM

I would be astonished if that were true. Im guessing Kenyon has included all deals chelsea have ever done over however many years to balance the books this year.

Im sorry, there is no way Chelsea can support itself, transfer fee's or otherwise, they are not big enough as a global brand.

F328GTS
26-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Im not cotradicting myself at all. Chelsea have bought the Premiership, by saying that means they have won it, as you pointed out, back to back, well done - not all that impressive at all considdering the amount of money the club have lavished on players and salaries. I think there are at least 10 clubs that could have won back to back league's given the amount of money Chelsea have spent.

I don't agree with this either. Look at Real Madrid. Money helps, but does not guarantee anything. Besides, Chelsea have not won back to back yet, we still need another point. Given our current form, I can't see us winning it again next year. I suspect it will be Man U or Liverpool next season.

To win a cup you need a certain amount of luck, i.e. being awarded a goal when the ball has not crossed the line, or saving a penalty in the last minute (how different could last night have been if VR had scored from a very dubious penalty).

As a fan, the Premiership is the one I want my club to win the most, anything else on top of that is a bonus.