PDA

View Full Version : Car dropped off to Permagard today

LazyLobster
26-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Dropped the baby into Mike Perry and the boys down at Permagard for the treatment. Mike is a very interesting guy, having run Lambo London, the 355 challenge race series and also a Ferrari dealership in Milan.

We had also owned the same countach, so plenty to talk about there.

They had to kick me out the door, so they could get on :laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing the results, when I collect her on Sat.

R :thumbsup:

RogerB
26-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Rob - glad to see you've finally taken the plunge after 6 months of debating!! I am sure you will be happy. I'll be back for a top up at some point soon. Pls give Mike my regards.

LazyLobster
26-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Rob - glad to see you've finally taken the plunge after 6 months of debating!! I am sure you will be happy. I'll be back for a top up at some point soon. Pls give Mike my regards.

Hi Roger, not debating, just waiting for spring time ! As I put my baby away for winter, to stop her getting a cold :grin:

Mike did mention that he thought the colour was very dark (due to wax and contaminants) and would come up a lot brighter. They're also getting one curbed wheel re-done as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Sure it will surpass my expectations :thumbsup:

RogerB
26-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I am sure it will. Mike's sorting me out with a front-end respray/permagard/armourfend/permagard sandwich next month, all ready for Europe (wasn't going to do anything, but then Hazy gazumped me and made me feel guilty about not prepping my car properly!!).......

It's a clever process - they permagard before and after the Armorfend to stop the yellowing effect.

Hazy
26-04-2006, 01:58 PM
sorry dude.

Still the amount of you will spend on your car will pale into insignificance compared to how much we will probably spend on booze and stuff:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stimo
26-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Dropped the baby into Mike Perry and the boys down at Permagard for the treatment. Mike is a very interesting guy, having run Lambo London, the 355 challenge race series and also a Ferrari dealership in Milan.

We had also owned the same countach, so plenty to talk about there.

They had to kick me out the door, so they could get on :laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing the results, when I collect her on Sat.

R :thumbsup:

Rob,

please let me know how it goes. Im probably going to get done there and have had a few chats with them.

If all goes well, will have it done when my new exhaust system goes on :wink3:

LazyLobster
26-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I am sure it will. Mike's sorting me out with a front-end respray/permagard/armourfend/permagard sandwich next month, all ready for Europe (wasn't going to do anything, but then Hazy gazumped me and made me feel guilty about not prepping my car properly!!).......

It's a clever process - they permagard before and after the Armorfend to stop the yellowing effect.

Mmmmm, that sounds a tasty sandwich ! Good idea, will be interested to see how it goes and if the longivity is as long.

Is this just on the bumper, or the bonnet as well ?

R

LazyLobster
26-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Rob,

please let me know how it goes. Im probably going to get done there and have had a few chats with them.

If all goes well, will have it done when my new exhaust system goes on :wink3:

no prob's Stimo, I'll scream and shout like a good un. I just got to the point where I thought it's worth a bash, as I like to drive my car, not spend the time waxing. Besides, this could be quite a cost effective solution over time :wink3:

I'm just having the exterior treatment (bodywork + wheels) and also the soft top treated.

It took me a while to make the decision, but having got feedback from RogerB and seeing Trev360's comments, I thought I'd take the plunge.

Must say, the treated Mini in their workshop looked the business this morning.

R

stimo
26-04-2006, 02:20 PM
no prob's Stimo, I'll scream and shout like a good un. I just got to the point where I thought it's worth a bash, as I like to drive my car, not spend the time waxing. Besides, this could be quite a cost effective solution over time :wink3:

I'm just having the exterior treatment (bodywork + wheels) and also the soft top treated.

It took me a while to make the decision, but having got feedback from RogerB and seeing Trev360's comments, I thought I'd take the plunge.

Must say, the treated Mini in their workshop looked the business this morning.

R

I agree, cant stand cleaning cars, only wax'd it once since i have had it and never again.

It just seems very very good value too ! Look forward to reading your comments.

RogerB
26-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Mmmmm, that sounds a tasty sandwich ! Good idea, will be interested to see how it goes and if the longivity is as long.

Is this just on the bumper, or the bonnet as well ?

R

Rob - Bumper, lower valance and spoiler is the current plan. Bonnet pretty much unscathed bizarrely.

Adam - I am a bit scared about the cost implications of that week.......

Hazy
26-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Rob - Bumper, lower valance and spoiler is the current plan. Bonnet pretty much unscathed bizarrely.

Adam - I am a bit scared about the cost implications of that week.......

Roger- I am alot scared about the cost implications of that week.....

:D:D:D

911elias
02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
any feedback on permagard please....thinking of getting it done asap and wonder whether you were pleased with it at the time and how it has lasted?

RogerB
04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
For the price, I think it is excellent, but you have to factor in some sort of film protection as well, like Armorfend or Paintshield. Permagard on its own may keep the car shiny for longer, but you'll have to re-spray it every year!

Jonny5
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
thoroughly nice set of guys down at permagard - had it on my diablo

wouldn't say the finish lasts 12 months , mine is at 6 months now and it isn't as good and when 1st applied.

for me it does the job of a quick 20 mins clean and the car is looking stunning - I will go for their 'top up' early