PDA

View Full Version : What a massive mess !

stimo
27-04-2006, 12:07 PM
http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.News_Detail/StoryID/13798

So the big question remains unclear, who has ultimate decision on the starting 15 for England. I pray to god its not the muppet AR.

The below is a brilliant article to show the real state England's governing body of rugby is in. These morons are a total waste of time

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,377-2151622,00.html

Fraccie
27-04-2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.News_Detail/StoryID/13798

So the big question remains unclear, who has ultimate decision on the starting 15 for England. I pray to god its not the muppet AR.

The below is a brilliant article to show the real state England's governing body of rugby is in. These morons are a total waste of time

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,377-2151622,00.html

Stimo..............what an utter and complete bloody FIASCO,AGAIN................farcical,world cup,no chance..........:thumbsdow

stimo
27-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Stimo..............what an utter and complete bloody FIASCO,AGAIN................farcical,world cup,no chance..........:thumbsdow

I honestly cannot believe this situation. In any job in the world, after 2 years of being totally crap, the boss would would be ultimatly responsible. But not this England team, we are crap for 2 years, the head coach plays players out of position, tactics all wrong, ageing style of play - but yet its everyone else's fault.

Never a better time to try and get into this Aussie Rules stuff

Fraccie
27-04-2006, 10:46 PM
I honestly cannot believe this situation. In any job in the world, after 2 years of being totally crap, the boss would would be ultimatly responsible. But not this England team, we are crap for 2 years, the head coach plays players out of position, tactics all wrong, ageing style of play - but yet its everyone else's fault.

Never a better time to try and get into this Aussie Rules stuff

So, who do you pick at ouside centre and inside centre?

We have this position so wrong.

stimo
29-04-2006, 11:45 AM
So, who do you pick at ouside centre and inside centre?

We have this position so wrong.

Thats an interesting one, its got to be Abbott and 12 and failing that Olly Barkley (Dan Hipkiss in a few years). 13 is an issue, we have a load of pretty good 13's, some of which would be a hell of lot better had Andy Robinson not been in charge. Option at 13 would be, Olly Smith, Mathew Tait, Josh Lewsey, James Simson-Daniel, Jon Clarke, Jamie Noon.

With Abbott gone to Quins, Lewsey is going to play all his rugby in the centres. I'd guess Erinle or Waters will play 12 and Lewsey with play 13 for Wasps next season, MVG at 15. So with Lewsey playing 13 week in week out, will they still pick him for Full Back for England, but then do we have a full back that is good enough to cover. Voyce, Scarborough are both really wingers, Balshaw hasnt played for ages, MVG, Sam Vesty IMHO are not good enough, so it presents a problem. Till the young lad Doherty at Leeds comes through we have a problem (Doherty is class).

I'd be happy with these back lines,

9 Perry / P Hodgson
10 Hodgson
11 Varndell
12 Abbott (Barkley as back up)
13 Lewsey / Tait
14 Cueto / Voyce
15 Lewsey / Voyce

In the forwards i hope we have seen the last of Lawrence and Joe Worsely. We need Moody at 6, Lund at 7 , and the inclusion of Rees, Beattie, Forrester in the squad.

Hooker and blindside prop are going to be issues !! We have the talent to be up with the best but we dont have the strength in depth. I'll be a happy man when Robinson is forwards coach and nothing more.

Hope we see some new fresh faces and ideas on the up coming tour to Australia. Aussie still dont have a good front 5 but my god their backs are good. Drew Mitchell, Gerrard, Matt Giteau (now on 640,000 a year), Larkham, Latham, Tequiri etc, going to be a very tough tour !

Watch out for Drew Mitchell, he's the next star of Aussie rugby