PDA

View Full Version : Zymol

AmoCS
30-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,
I normally wash my car and then use Zymol Cleaner wax. It comes out stunning.

However what I would like to know is:

1. Will regular use of this thin the paint work?, I don't see any paint colour coming on to the cloth, like Autoglym polish does.
2. What is the difference between the cleaner wax and HD-Cleanse?
3. What glaze/wax should be used after the cleaner wax, if any, as It does apply wax itself.

:)

Dave Z
01-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi,
I normally wash my car and then use Zymol Cleaner wax. It comes out stunning.

However what I would like to know is:

1. Will regular use of this thin the paint work?, I don't see any paint colour coming on to the cloth, like Autoglym polish does.
2. What is the difference between the cleaner wax and HD-Cleanse?
3. What glaze/wax should be used after the cleaner wax, if any, as It does apply wax itself.

:)
Hello mate,
The zymol cleaner wax , does contain a very slight abrasive , although no where near as much as the autoglym does ,so there is a very minimal risk of thinning the paintwork out.
Cleaner wax was designed as an entry level product to the Zymol range , the idea being that it does provide a wax finish far superior to any other range of products that you can buy from hallfords etc. Most people use it as a stepping stone to the proper Zymol waxes and glazes.
HD is a "pre wax cleaner" . It contains various natural oils (montan oil etc) and works to strip the paintwork of any previous wax and then feed the paint with the oils to bring out the true natural colour of the paint. The idea being that it feeds the paint as opposed to removing it like the abrasive waxes do. These oils are then sealed in when you wax/glaze over the top to prevent the paint from overheating and oxidising .
The best way to use your CW is to apply it with a micro fibre over a panel then buff it straight in whilst it is still moist , dont let it dry like you would the autoglym. when you have done the whole car , lightly spray/mist some water over a panel and then buff this in , this will accelerate the shine.
HD should always be followed up with one of the Zymol waxes/glazes
Hope this helps
:thumbsup:

AmoCS
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks, can I still use a wax after the CW?
If so which one is good one for Rosso Corsa?

Dave Z
01-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks, can I still use a wax after the CW?
If so which one is good one for Rosso Corsa?

No mate ,
if you want to use one of the zymol waxes then you have to go for the full system , Clay , HD and then one of the waxes.
If i was you I'd go for the Zymol Rosso , its developed to enhance the red paintwork , a bit like the red royale that I have but it doesn't have the higher concentration of carnauba.
It costs about 60 a tub , which works out to about a pound an application,
Give John Drake a bell (07802 650892) and he should be able to sort you out some

AmoCS
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to read up about Zymol Rosso.
Went on the website is this it:

http://www.zdouk.com/detail.aspx?ID=56

What do u mean by pound an application?

Iain
01-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I'd guess he means that you ought to be able to wax your car sixty times with one tub of the stuff!

I.

AmoCS
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Wow!, I thought that was the case, but seemed unbelieveable.

Must be some tub:laugh:

F328GTS
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow!, I thought that was the case, but seemed unbelieveable.

Must be some tub:laugh:
I watched Dave in action on Saturday, it is amazing how little wax is actually used, just a small amount in the palm of the hand will do an entire car.

Dave Z
02-05-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi,

Yup thats the stuff,
one pot should give you around 60 applications , if you get some , give me a shout and I'll let you know how to get the best out of it:thumbsup: