PDA

View Full Version : Bored of Rooney

stimo
03-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Anyone else feel that it would be far more productive for Sven, The Media and the supporters to now forget Rooney and focus on who will play instead and what tactics to adopt. Its like Beckham's injury from the last WC. Rooney is out of the World Cup, leave it at that and get Joe Cole, SWP or Lennon etc pushed into more important Roles.

If Rooney is fit (100%) its a boost rather than a blow.

We shoot ourselves in the foot in this country

jtremlett
03-05-2006, 03:45 PM
...We shoot ourselves in the foot in this countryAn unfortunate turn of phrase in the circumstances... :laugh:

Jonathan

stevew
03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Anyone else feel that it would be far more productive for Sven, The Media and the supporters to now forget Rooney and focus on who will play instead and what tactics to adopt. Its like Beckham's injury from the last WC. Rooney is out of the World Cup, leave it at that and get Joe Cole, SWP or Lennon etc pushed into more important Roles.

I actually find myself agreeing with you,we should be concentrating on who is going to replace him and what tactics we are going to use.Look what happened at Everton after he went,they pulled together and played as a team rather than Wayne Rooney's support act.

I'd be much happier if we replaced the clueless swede before the WC,he's now admitted that he hadn't even thought of a plan B if one of his main men got injured.

F328GTS
03-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Agree Chris, bring in Joe Cole and forget fat boy, he aint gonna be playing any games this time around.

t1grm
03-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I'd be much happier if we replaced the clueless swede before the WC,he's now admitted that he hadn't even thought of a plan B if one of his main men got injured.

My thoughts exactly. Hes never had a plan B. Like when we were down to Brazil in the last World Cup. He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

stevew
03-05-2006, 04:53 PM
My thoughts exactly. Hes never had a plan B. Like when we were down to Brazil in the last World Cup. He was like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Yeah,we had Brazil on the rack ready for the taking and the clueless one let them off.:thumbsdow

noony
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Plan B doesn't take much thinking of, put Gerrard in Roondog's position and play Carrick in midfield.

SteveP
03-05-2006, 05:35 PM
just put donkey in his place...problem solved

stevew
03-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Plan B doesn't take much thinking of, put Gerrard in Roondog's position and play Carrick in midfield.

Bet the clueless one hasn't thought of it

GrahamS
03-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Sven was just on the Radio. "We only have one Wayne Rooney" he said.

The presenter added "Well for the 5 million pounds he's paid let's hope that Sven has more than one idea because he only seems to have one at the moment, and that's Wayne Rooney" :thumbsdow

Albert V8
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Agreed.

**** happens.

Now get on with it.

Its about playing the bad hands well :thumbsup:

steve f
03-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Bored of football already

stimo
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM

No No No, plan B was against Portugal in the Euro's, Rooney gets injured and who do we bring on, Phil Neville. Were we not 1-0 up at the time !

I had a chat with John Motson and Gary Linekar ata dinner about this. Gary HATES Sven, seriously, his eyes were scary when he talked about him.

Bromers
04-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Bring Fowler back.

Rick

steve f
04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
does david beckam still play for england

tiganut
04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Hope they get knocked out early,put a stop to football being the sole topic of rows in the boozer.

steve f
04-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Hope they get knocked out early,put a stop to football being the sole topic of rows in the boozer.
yes cos its taking the heat off two shags john prescott

stevew
04-05-2006, 01:30 PM

not for about 4 years:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

tiganut
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Rekon he only plays away:shag: :shag:

noony
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
I bet SteveW is delighted with the new appointment :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stevew
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
I bet SteveW is delighted with the new appointment :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ecstatic:cry3: :cry3: :cry3: but at least he's English

A308 MAN
04-05-2006, 06:18 PM
why ? .... what does he know about football ?

noony
04-05-2006, 06:56 PM
he knows that his team took 4 points off ours this season :cry3:

spidermanUK
04-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Here's how to make a tackle:laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIUp19bBoA

stevew
04-05-2006, 09:20 PM

he knows that his team took 4 points off ours this season :cry3:

I rest my case:thumbsup: :grin: :laugh: :thumbsup: :grin: :laugh: :thumbsup: :grin: :laugh:

stevew
04-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Don't really rate Mclaren but when interviewed he said "This is the proudest day of his life":thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...................that is something Sven didn't and will never grasp about being the England manager.