PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap!

dwrights
05-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Arghhh..........my 360 is covered in tiny spots of tree sap after leaving it out of my garage for an afternoon whilst the Joiner used the garage as his workshop.:cry3:

I have given it a hot soapy wash but it hasn't shifted it. You can feel it still stuck to to paintwork. Does anybody know how to get it off without being to rough on the paintwork?

GrahamS
05-05-2006, 06:08 PM
A clay bar will get rid of that no problem :thumbsup:

Plus when you polish it afterwards the finish will be better than ever :thumbsup:

dwrights
05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Great response:thumbsup:

Claybar it is then, where do I buy one of these and who's claybar should I be buying?

Forgive my ignorance on these matters.:grin:

GrahamS
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Claybar it is then, where do I buy one of these and who's claybar should I be buying?

You can pick up a Meguiars Quick Clay from most Halfords these days.

Or you can get one mail order from www.speeding.co.uk (http://www.speeding.co.uk) (Cost 12.99)

The Zymol equivalent costs around 45 so go figure which one I use :thumbsup:

Read the instructions carefully though and always make sure the panels are well lubricated with the spray that comes with the kit.

I always break the clay into small pieces(just enough to do one panel) then use a new piece for the next panel. And if you drop it just throw it away immediately. Don't be tempted to scrape the bits off it and re-use it :shocked:

Fraccie
05-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I have just used this stuff...........clay and polish,gives very good results.

http://www.bilthamber.com/polishandwax.html

dwrights
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Ahh.......feel lots better now I know it's not all doom and gloom.

Will get myself a claybar and give it some after the weekend. Thanks for all the advice guys.:thumbsup:

SteveP
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM

have a word with greg, i think he posts as morph on here

dwrights
05-05-2006, 08:27 PM
have a word with greg, i think he posts as morph on here

Cheers Steve.:thumbsup:

Dave Z
05-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Arghhh..........my 360 is covered in tiny spots of tree sap after leaving it out of my garage for an afternoon whilst the Joiner used the garage as his workshop.:cry3:

I have given it a hot soapy wash but it hasn't shifted it. You can feel it still stuck to to paintwork. Does anybody know how to get it off without being to rough on the paintwork?

Try some auto glym intensive tar remover firts , its about a fiver from halfords , spray it on in the shade and leave it for a few minutes before wiping it off , if this doesnt work then go for the clay bar , the quick detail spray with the megs clay bar is quite good for sap aswell.:thumbsup:

dwrights
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Try some auto glym intensive tar remover firts , its about a fiver from halfords , spray it on in the shade and leave it for a few minutes before wiping it off , if this doesnt work then go for the clay bar , the quick detail spray with the megs clay bar is quite good for sap aswell.:thumbsup:

Cheers Dave will try that first.:thumbsup:

polartech
08-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Twice this has happened to me, and each time a going over with just the Meguiars detail spray has taken it off no problem.

Cool As Blu
11-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Can't believe it . Washed the car yesterday. Looked mint! Today, parked it about 2 spaces from a tree and then a rain storm just soaked my car in tree sap. Looks like its lived under the tree for a month.

So I guess its another snowfoam, jet wash and quick detail spray job.... another hours graft.

Can't wait for Dave Z to work his magic on his next visit to Harpenden!