PDA

View Full Version : Meguiears NXT Generation Paste Wax is BEST!!!

yellow jacket
21-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Check these out. Very easy to use too.....Charlie:thumbsup:

GrahamS
21-05-2006, 10:36 PM
I can't see a car in those shots :huh:

Oh yes, there it is behind all those breasts :laugh:

Do you know I've used that Meguiars stuff and I've just recently tried Zymol. Took me about 90 minutes to do the Megiuars stuff properly and about 30 hours to do the Zymol.

Granted I've gone for the one of the cheaper Zymol waxes but after all that effort I was a little disappointed and I'm convinced the Meguiars stuff gave a better shine :shocked:

I don't know if you have this stuff over there but I found that adding Auto Glym Extra Gloss on top of the Meguiars stuff made it even shinier. :dude:

F1RGY
21-05-2006, 10:41 PM

Do you know I've used that Meguiars stuff and I've just recently tried Zymol. Took me about 90 minutes to do the Megiuars stuff properly and about 30 hours to do the Zymol.

Granted I've gone for the one of the cheaper Zymol waxes but after all that effort I was a little disappointed and I'm convinced the Meguiars stuff gave a better shine :shocked:

Shame on you Graham you could not have listened to Daves Instructions ,Wait till he reads this :grin: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :grin: PS the birds look nice !!!

barabus
21-05-2006, 10:43 PM

I don't know if you have this stuff over there but I found that adding Auto Glym Extra Gloss on top of the Meguiars stuff made it even shinier. :dude:

You gotta admit Charlies car looks every bit as good as D Z's jobbies:laugh: :thumbsup:

GrahamS
21-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Shame on you Graham you could not have listened to Daves Instructions ,Wait till he reads this :grin: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :grin:

I got it off our sponsor John Drake (www.johnswax.co.uk (http://www.johnswax.co.uk)) and he gave me some great instructions :thumbsup:

I followed them to the letter. Clay bar twice, HD cleanse twice and then Zymol. I really took my time with it in order to do a good job. Took me 3 hours to do the back bumper for example.

But it still wasn't as shiny as when I'd just run round it quickly with this Meguiars stuff. :huh:

Granted I only used Titanium wax and I know how shiny your cars were/are with the Royale stuff :dude: but I still expected more shine for all that effort. :huh: :cry3: :huh: :cry3:

Meguiars gives you the best shine for your money, that's for sure :thumbsup:

F1RGY
21-05-2006, 10:51 PM
I got it off our sponsor John Drake (www.johnswax.co.uk (http://www.johnswax.co.uk)) and he gave me some great instructions :thumbsup:

I followed them to the letter. Clay bar twice, HD cleanse twice and then Zymol. I really took my time with it in order to do a good job. Took me 3 hours to do the back bumper for example.

But it still wasn't as shiny as when I'd just run round it quickly with this Meguiars stuff. :huh:

Granted I only used Titanium wax and I know how shiny your cars were/are with the Royale stuff :dude: but I still expected more shine for all that effort. :huh: :cry3: :huh: :cry3:

I must admit i have never used it but i am willing to do a Fitzy (freeby )to convince me !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GrahamS
21-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I must admit i have never used it but i am willing to do a Fitzy (freeby )to convince me !!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The point is you can buy a bottle for 12 and it's every bit as good as stuff costing 10 times as much :huh:

Maybe Fitzy has started a trend :laugh:

ric355
21-05-2006, 10:56 PM

Graham - you and I had a PM exchange recently where I said I wasn't all that chuffed with the Titanium finish. Shortly after that I received my delivery of this stuff (based on a recomendation given by someone else on here - sorry forgot who you were):

http://www.bilthamber.com/autobalm.html

and I have to say that I am very pleased with the results. After only one layer the shine was much better than anything I've got from Zymol titanium before. Application is quite easy. Although it initially seems tough to polish off there's a knack to it and once you know this it is easier than Zymol to apply. I got the whole car done in about an hour and a half (no clay bar as although I bought theirs the car didn't need it).

I would definitely recommend it, and if anyone wants to buy a nearly new pot of Zymol Titanium from me, drop me a PM!

The Bilt Hamber stuff produces a deep gloss whereas the Zymol is quite a reflective finish which for me doesn't seem to work as well on a red car. The Hamer stuff gives the type of shine you get from the more expensive Zymol variants. It's a bargain for only 15 per pot in my view, and a pot goes a long way too. It hardly shows that I've done a car with it.

F328GTS
21-05-2006, 11:02 PM
I use Meguiears NXT Tech wax. As Graham S said, very easy to use, wipe on and wipe off. Do the whole car in an hour and gives a really good finish.

elite
22-05-2006, 12:09 AM
The NXT is good but the durability side of it lets it down I have found.

Fraccie
22-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Graham - you and I had a PM exchange recently where I said I wasn't all that chuffed with the Titanium finish. Shortly after that I received my delivery of this stuff (based on a recomendation given by someone else on here - sorry forgot who you were):

http://www.bilthamber.com/autobalm.html

and I have to say that I am very pleased with the results. After only one layer the shine was much better than anything I've got from Zymol titanium before. Application is quite easy. Although it initially seems tough to polish off there's a knack to it and once you know this it is easier than Zymol to apply. I got the whole car done in about an hour and a half (no clay bar as although I bought theirs the car didn't need it).

I would definitely recommend it, and if anyone wants to buy a nearly new pot of Zymol Titanium from me, drop me a PM!

The Bilt Hamber stuff produces a deep gloss whereas the Zymol is quite a reflective finish which for me doesn't seem to work as well on a red car. The Hamer stuff gives the type of shine you get from the more expensive Zymol variants. It's a bargain for only 15 per pot in my view, and a pot goes a long way too. It hardly shows that I've done a car with it.

|You mean this thread;

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4772

I have used it on my old car ,it gives very good results.

:thumbsup:

tonyh
22-05-2006, 08:33 AM
i still have a bit of Zymol left but once gone i won't buy anymore. Will prob give Meguires another go .

WillW
22-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Another one is P21S Carnauba was, I did my car properly this weekend and it looks absolutely amazing. Will post pics later...
As I have put earlier, I strongly recommend reading www.autopia.org if you want to get serious about detailing :thumbsup:

Dave Z
22-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Each to his own , if you like the finish and are comfortable using it then stick with it.
Megs Nxt is a good wax as far as shine is concened, but used regularly titanium should out perform it, both in protection and finish

WillW
22-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Each to his own , if you like the finish and are comfortable using it then stick with it.
Megs Nxt is a good wax as far as shine is concened, but used regularly titanium should out perform it, both in protection and finish

Dave, not to offend but question: Zymol is carnauba wax and they always give good shine but less protection and durability than synthetic ones so need to be topped often. So how Zymol can last better than synthetic waxes although none other carnauba can not? (I use synthetic sealant before carnauba for that reason, so durability and shine)

Dave Z
29-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Dave, not to offend but question: Zymol is carnauba wax and they always give good shine but less protection and durability than synthetic ones so need to be topped often. So how Zymol can last better than synthetic waxes although none other carnauba can not? (I use synthetic sealant before carnauba for that reason, so durability and shine)

This is not necessarily true , I know on some of the lower grade zymol waxes , the shine may not seem to last as long as some of the synthetic ones , but it doesn't mean that the wax has worn off and the shine can be restored as easily as wiping it over with a microfibre cloth and a bit of detail spray or field glaze.
Zymol and swizzol for that matter are both designed as a long term system , the idea being that if used regularly you do get an excellent build up of wax on the car , on the lower grade of waxes especially if you just apply it once and then give up , you wont get the best out of it.
I havent come across many who have used zymol or swissol regularly who then move back over to a synthetic product.
The synthetic products are excactly that , they're produced to immitate a natural wax finish, but as far as protection is concerned ,they will never out perform a natural wax wether it be zymol , swizzol or any other brand that uses a high concentration of carnauba.
If you take the dreaded bird poo for example, this will eat straight through a synthetic or polymer finish on a car, where as a car which has been waxed regularly with any grade of carnauba wax, the bird poo will simply wipe off.
We did a test at Aston Martin a few years ago where we took a bonnet of a DB7 , split it into sections , applied some synthetic waxes , then Zymol carbon and then some Zymol Vintage. We then put it in the water test facility all weekend.
When we checked it out on the monday morning, the synthetic waxes had worn off completey , the carbon had lost its shine but was still repelling water and the vintage looked perfect.
So I think that sought of proves my point .
I would be a fool to assume that zymol or swizzol waxes are for everyone and i guess the debate will rage on forever, but as I said earlier in this thread , if you like a product and find it easy to use then stick with it .
Dave:thumbsup:

Simon
29-05-2006, 10:46 PM
This is not necessarily true , I know on some of the lower grade zymol waxes , the shine may not seem to last as long as some of the synthetic ones , but it doesn't mean that the wax has worn off and the shine can be restored as easily as wiping it over with a microfibre cloth and a bit of detail spray or field glaze.
Zymol and swizzol for that matter are both designed as a long term system , the idea being that if used regularly you do get an excellent build up of wax on the car , on the lower grade of waxes especially if you just apply it once and then give up , you wont get the best out of it.
I havent come across many who have used zymol or swissol regularly who then move back over to a synthetic product.
The synthetic products are excactly that , they're produced to immitate a natural wax finish, but as far as protection is concerned ,they will never out perform a natural wax wether it be zymol , swizzol or any other brand that uses a high concentration of carnauba.
If you take the dreaded bird poo for example, this will eat straight through a synthetic or polymer finish on a car, where as a car which has been waxed regularly with any grade of carnauba wax, the bird poo will simply wipe off.
We did a test at Aston Martin a few years ago where we took a bonnet of a DB7 , split it into sections , applied some synthetic waxes , then Zymol carbon and then some Zymol Vintage. We then put it in the water test facility all weekend.
When we checked it out on the monday morning, the synthetic waxes had worn off completey , the carbon had lost its shine but was still repelling water and the vintage looked perfect.
So I think that sought of proves my point .
I would be a fool to assume that zymol or swizzol waxes are for everyone and i guess the debate will rage on forever, but as I said earlier in this thread , if you like a product and find it easy to use then stick with it .
Dave:thumbsup:

Good reply Dave :thumbsup: .

And this is very true Will as I also have and use the same products you are talking about ie Klasse, Carlack, Menzerna etc and use Zymol. I tend to use the synthetic products for my customers daily drivers and Zymol for their pride and joy.

Zymol really does offer the best protection.

WillW
30-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks Dave and Simon for good answer!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As said, IMO carnauba gives best shine and gets even better/stronger if there is some sealant below but this is for P21s I use (not the most durable carnauba but good shine and depth)

Brian
26-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Another one is P21S Carnauba was, I did my car properly this weekend and it looks absolutely amazing. Will post pics later...
As I have put earlier, I strongly recommend reading www.autopia.org if you want to get serious about detailing :thumbsup:

I couldnt agree more. I came across P21S a few weeks ago, and personally in terms of value-for-money it leaves Zymol farrrr behind!
Quick tip: Try a second application about 12 hours later for a extra deep shine!

Let me know how you get on...

rmdferrari
26-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Who makes P21S Carnauba ???? Is it a mail order product?

WillW
27-08-2006, 01:15 AM

It's very popular in US among detailers, you can buy it here i.e. from Ebay.

(and info about some other good waxes/technigues etc can be found from www.autopia.org site (as said earlier), IMO it's basicly a bible for everybody who wants to properly detail their car, LOTs of info there) :thumbsup:

Fraccie
27-08-2006, 01:16 AM

Richard,get some Harley wax ,it is the mutz nitz!

Brian
27-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Richard,get some Harley wax ,it is the mutz nitz!
You can get it mostly online. just do a search for p21s in google.