PDA

View Full Version : A-Glaze

Jas
05-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I've read all the stuff about Zymol here, as being the bees knees :) How much is it roughly for the (fairly) top of the line treatment on a Ferrari?

Has anyone used A-Glaze on their Ferrari? I've seen a pic of a 355 Spider in their brochure and met the guy who did it. It looked EXTREMELY deeply shiny :thumbsup:

I think A-Glaze came from the marine sector originally, so should last pretty long on a car?

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of A-Glaze?

ChrisP
05-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Jas,
Youre right it does come from the marine sector originally and I believe from the USA.
I`ve seen a few boats in our marina done with it and have to say not that impressed.
Having said that some boat owners seem to think that its a polish, whereas my understanding is that it is a glaze to be applied after polishing to seal in the effect that you have achieved.
And just think how you would miss the enjoyment of polishing at regular intervals!

contiki
05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I think A-Glaze came from the marine sector originally, so should last pretty long on a car?

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of A-Glaze?

I would be worried about the effect it might have on car paint - I would expect car and marine paint to be different with marine paint being tougher. Just my unsubstantiated assumptions though.

elite
05-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Never heard of it. :)

Jas
06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Jas,
Youre right it does come from the marine sector originally and I believe from the USA.
I`ve seen a few boats in our marina done with it and have to say not that impressed.
Having said that some boat owners seem to think that its a polish, whereas my understanding is that it is a glaze to be applied after polishing to seal in the effect that you have achieved.
And just think how you would miss the enjoyment of polishing at regular intervals!

I thought it was a polymer sealant, that goes on instead of polish/wax......

Jas
06-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I would be worried about the effect it might have on car paint - I would expect car and marine paint to be different with marine paint being tougher. Just my unsubstantiated assumptions though.

They seem to have a car formulation.

http://www.aglaze.com/index.asp

Anyway, apart from the 355 in their brochure, it seems no one has used it?

ric355
06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
This product is a sealant rather than a wax. I imagine it performs much the same as any other sealant therefore. Have a quick search in this section - Zymol Dave has posted info about sealants.

Jas
08-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I'll read the posts here.

ChrisP
08-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Jas,
I would be interested in what you find out particularly if there is an A Glaze formulation for cars that differs from the marine version.

Most boats that use A Glaze are not painted and owners are always looking to preserve or regain that boat show appearance of high gloss white fibreglass!

Chris

Jas
08-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Jas,
I would be interested in what you find out particularly if there is an A Glaze formulation for cars that differs from the marine version.

Most boats that use A Glaze are not painted and owners are always looking to preserve or regain that boat show appearance of high gloss white fibreglass!

Chris

Chris,

Yes there is a car formulation, see the link above pls. I was quoted 300 for it.

Jas

contiki
09-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Sounds like Permaguard, Supaguard etc...

In which case (assuming I am right of course), it is the age old debate about Zymol VS XXXguard.

If you do decide that you want the later, then I see no reason to go for the 300 A glaze when fully tested and guarantied Permaguard cost 140.

Jas
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Good point :)