PDA

View Full Version : Dave's here again....

Ravi 355
09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Dave's er doing a top up today and has brough he paint depth measuring device with him. Its interesting to see the results of the thickness i paint as it goes over the car.

F328GTS
09-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Dave's er doing a top up today and has brough he paint depth measuring device with him. Its interesting to see the results of the thickness i paint as it goes over the car.
Is 140 good? What what a new car straight from the factory be?

Hazy
09-06-2006, 11:16 AM
he's doing mine next saturday:thumbsup:

That Zymol shine should make it nice and slippery, good for another 5mph top end :D:D:D

spidermanUK
09-06-2006, 11:21 AM
That's too thin for a 355 mate! It should be 300-350 microns for factory finish.:shocked:

Don't forget to tell Dave that someone on PH is having a go at him and the red Royale!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6196

Dave Z
09-06-2006, 07:51 PM
That's too thin for a 355 mate! It should be 300-350 microns for factory finish.:shocked:

Don't forget to tell Dave that someone on PH is having a go at him and the red Royale!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

http://www.fcars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6196

Over most of the car particularly the top edges it was around 300 , I've used it on a couple of 355's this week and both were consistent with around 300 on the top panels and 200 down the sides , its a good tool though as it gives you an idea of exactly what amount of paint's on the car , if its had any paint repairs or even been mopped before.
i'm going to take records of every car that i do from now on and keep them on file , so if i need to do any correction work on the paint , I know exactly what I've got to play with.

oh and as for the retard on pistonheads , I've just left my comment:thumbsup:

elite
10-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Nice one Dave, I use a Positester too. The highest rating I have ever read was in the late 500's on a Lambo Countach.
Another interesting one is the Merc CLS. For some reason all the CLS's I have done read well into the mid 300's where as the rest of the Merc range are in the early to mid 100's.

:thumbsup: