PDA

View Full Version : F348 Spider with A-Glaze applied today

Jas
01-07-2006, 09:04 PM
VERY pleased with the mirror finish, and the deep red it's brought out :thumbsup:

2 guys worked continuously for over 6 hours. Steps were:

- wash
- dry
- preparation coat
- 4 coats of final glaze
- activation

Applied to paintwork, glass and wheels.

tonyh
02-07-2006, 07:41 AM
looks gr8, Jas :thumbsup: Is the process easily reversed/ same as Permaguard?

KenC
02-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Lokks graet Jas. Hope to see it in the flesh later today :thumbsup: .

Jas
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Tony, I believe they have a preparation that removes it. Can't imagine why I'd want to though :)

Ken, see you in an hour :thumbsup:

ric355
02-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Do they spray it on or wipe it on?

cavallo
02-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't really understand why you would want to do this to a Ferrari. Surely it is a cherished and loved car that deserves your total commitment. You are simply paying to have somebody slap on a paint sealant and charge you the earth for it. Why? Did they prep the surface properly? Is it really contaminant and swirl free? Otherwise you'll be sealing these in too and only paying someone more money for defect removal later. Which will also remove the protection you have just paid wads for BTW.

The hype surrounding these types of products really pi$$es me off. It leads you to believe that these products double the life of your paintwork. Well any sealant would do that. And notice that they tend to give you a wonderful "4 year warranty" on new cars. Yet only half that on used cars. Only 2 years on used car? Wonder why that is? ;)

I can guarantee you that your paint will not fade in 4 years with a "normal" sealant applied at regular (6 month intervals) topped with a quality Carnauba wax. Why wouldn't a Ferrari owner want to do this? I would if I had one!!

Sorry if this upsets you but I hate to see good money chucked away!

Fraccie
02-07-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't really understand why you would want to do this to a Ferrari. Surely it is a cherished and loved car that deserves your total commitment. You are simply paying to have somebody slap on a paint sealant and charge you the earth for it. Why? Did they prep the surface properly? Is it really contaminant and swirl free? Otherwise you'll be sealing these in too and only paying someone more money for defect removal later. Which will also remove the protection you have just paid wads for BTW.

The hype surrounding these types of products really pi$$es me off. It leads you to believe that these products double the life of your paintwork. Well any sealant would do that. And notice that they tend to give you a wonderful "4 year warranty" on new cars. Yet only half that on used cars. Only 2 years on used car? Wonder why that is? ;)

I can guarantee you that your paint will not fade in 4 years with a "normal" sealant applied at regular (6 month intervals) topped with a quality Carnauba wax. Why wouldn't a Ferrari owner want to do this? I would if I had one!!

Brian,that is exactly what i do on mine.Bilt Hamber sealant,Harley wax = excellent results...:thumbsup:

Saying that,if a had a much more expensive Ferrari and more money,i would go the route that others go...:thumbsup:

You pays your money etc etc.

cavallo
02-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Brian,that is exactly what i do on mine.Bilt Hamber sealant,Harley wax = excellent results...:thumbsup:

Saying that,if a had a much more expensive Ferrari and more money,i would go the route that others go...:thumbsup:

You pays your money etc etc.

Harly wax gets some great reviews. It's good stuff. I'm a Zymol man myself but have a considerable collection of others too. I wouldn't bother with a sealant during the summer myself as Harly and other good waxes have great durability and UV protection built in. That is provided you are prepared to re-wax every 4 weeks. Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!

Fraccie
02-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Harly wax gets some great reviews. It's good stuff. I'm a Zymol man myself but have a considerable collection of others too. I wouldn't bother with a sealant during the summer myself as Harly and other good waxes have great durability and UV protection built in. That is provided you are prepared to re-wax every 4 weeks. Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!

So irregularly.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Theraputic after work chill out for me,pretty bloody sad really i know...:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

T`is my pride and joy though.

ric355
02-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!

Some people don't like waxing which is why they choose a sealant. I like doing it myself but many people don't.

cavallo
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Some people don't like waxing which is why they choose a sealant. I like doing it myself but many people don't.

I can understand that point of view. But maybe these people have no idea just how lucky they really are owning such a dream car. For the rest of us mere mortals we can only dream. I am currently saving like mad for a 355 and I'm hoping that this time next year that I can seriously consider buying one so the dream may yet become reality.

This was my current car until last month. Totally loved and cherished but she had to go to help with the saving:

http://www.zdouk.com/CompetitionDetails.aspx?compDate=01/11/2005%2000:00:00

ric355
02-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I can understand that point of view. But maybe these people have no idea just how lucky they really are owning such a dream car. For the rest of us mere mortals we can only dream. I am currently saving like mad for a 355 and I'm hoping that this time next year that I can seriously consider buying one so the dream may yet become reality.

I think they are fully aware how 'lucky' they are. It isn't in fact down to luck for most owners. They work hard for their cash just like you do, and they have often realized a dream just as you want to do. I don't see that being related to whether they enjoy waxing their car or not. Some people would simply rather spend their time doing something else other than making their elbows ache. Many, for example, prefer to just go out and drive them :wink3:

ric.

Fraccie
02-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Brian,you could start with a cheaper Ferrari than a 355,i want a 512BBi,but i`ll have to wait for it.In the meantime i love my Mondial,first Ferrari and immensley pleasurable to drive,own and mend....:thumbsup:

Jas
02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Do they spray it on or wipe it on?

The preparation coat after drying was wiped on, and took many hours. Probably more than half the total 6.5 hours. The stuff afterwards was all sprayed & then wiped.

Jas
02-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Not upset at all. I did my research, saw a car with it done, and decided on it. I used to have my car hand waxed, and that was a cheaper option. A-Glaze was more expensive, so it certainly wasn't cost cutting or "mis-treating" my precious Ferrari.

In short, I see it as having given the car my "total commitment" in your words :)

Jas
02-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Many, for example, prefer to just go out and drive them :wink3:

ric.

Absolutely :thumbsup:

I pay someone to wash/wax etc my cars, as I haven't got much free time. My free time is for family, and actually driving the car.

cavallo
02-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Absolutely :thumbsup:

I pay someone to wash/wax etc my cars, as I haven't got much free time. My free time is for family, and actually driving the car.

I suspect that is probably true of most lsports/luxury car owners TBH. I'm probably more fanatical than most. I would never drive my Holden unless it was looking immaculate - but when I drove it, boy did I drive it! 420BHP of pure Aussie muscle. That picture above was taken at Santa Pod which is not for the feint hearted.
I find that having a 16 year old son who knows more about engines and mechanics than most people I know helps too. Especially with the father/son bonding thing :)

Fractious - you've got me really thinking now. I hadn't really considered any other Ferrari except the 355 as I just love the look of it.

Fraccie
02-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I suspect that is probably true of most lsports/luxury car owners TBH. I'm probably more fanatical than most. I would never drive my Holden unless it was looking immaculate - but when I drove it, boy did I drive it! 420BHP of pure Aussie muscle. That picture above was taken at Santa Pod which is not for the feint hearted.
I find that having a 16 year old son who knows more about engines and mechanics than most people I know helps too. Especially with the father/son bonding thing :)

Fractious - you've got me really thinking now. I hadn't really considered any other Ferrari except the 355 as I just love the look of it.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: ....what have you got too lose,they have bottomed out and will only grow,not that i give a crap,i just like my first Fcar...:thumbsup:

Roony
27-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Mint looking ride!!!!!!!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Tony, I believe they have a preparation that removes it. Can't imagine why I'd want to though :)

Ken, see you in an hour :thumbsup:

Jas
07-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Bumped, as a comparison thread to the Permaguard treatment in case in helps those trying to decide whether to do it or not. I'm very pleased with the treatment. :thumbsup:

Dave Z
09-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Car looks great Jas:thumbsup:

Jas
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Car looks great Jas:thumbsup:

Thanks Dave :thumbsup: