PDA

View Full Version : Dave Zymol / Machine polishing / Royale

Robgvx
07-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I had Dave from Sports Car Protection over in the week machine polishing and royale-ing my 360. I honestly am amazed by the results.

Firstly I'm amazed by the time he spent, and the care he takes in doing the job. I know that he has received some good vibes here but really, in these days of 'getting the job done as quickly and cheaply as possible' Dave's commitment to quality is outstanding.

He spent ALL day machine polishing the swirl marks out of my car. At one point he masked a line down the bonnet, and buffed one side only. He shone a torch at the un-buffed side and it looked great, but there were those minute circular lines around the light. Just like a new car! Then he shone it on the buffed side and it was just a perfect circle of light!

He then put the 7 grand wax on it. The finish is amazing. It's way better than any new car I've seen. Where the car had been re-painted previously there were small defects and the odd bit of bird poo corrosion. These are all gone and the finish is just so solid, pure, clean and deep it is amazing. I spent ages just looking for any small swirl mark and couldn't!

Awesome. Totally. I can't recommend this guy highly enough.

Rob

Hud
07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Looks fantastic...Results make the car look like a mirror.

Hazy
07-07-2006, 11:17 AM
looks stunning mate, nice colour combo too:wink3:

Dave is a perfectionist TBF:thumbsup: Mind you, how many cups of coffee did he get through???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hazy
07-07-2006, 11:18 AM
p.s. Whats the white thing on the front of your car dude:huh:

Robgvx
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
p.s. Whats the white thing on the front of your car dude:huh:

Er, the number plate?

R

Robgvx
07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
ohh, I see, interesting idea that:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

Mine must have fell off somewhere in the alps. And Ians:laugh:

Is this an 'in' joke that I am not party to?

Or is it something top do with the way people blank out reg numbers in photos here? What's that all about? Confidentiality? In what way?

:)

R

Hazy
07-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Is this an 'in' joke that I am not party to?

Or is it something top do with the way people blank out reg numbers in photos here? What's that all about? Confidentiality? In what way?

:)

R

no mate, no in joke at all. I just think that 360's look better without a front number plate so I took mine off. FWIW Ians really did fall off in France!!!!:)

Hazy
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
your not far from me Rob, now she is all shiny are you gonna come on one of our drives one of the days. I assure you, all the guys on here are a great bunch:thumbsup:

Robgvx
07-07-2006, 03:27 PM
HEY!!! Thread hijack!!!!!!

GrahamS
07-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Attended to :thumbsup:

Hazy
07-07-2006, 03:41 PM

Sorry Rob...I did apologize mate....:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

Jonny5
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Stunning car, love the factory shields

Robgvx
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Sorry Rob...I did apologize mate....:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:
No probs. Only kidding.

Rob

Dave Z
08-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Here you go , here's the pictures of the bonnet,
The first one is of the left hand side which has a pure white torch shone on to it , this torch shows what you'd see in direct sunlight.
The second one is of the left side of the car after i've corrected the swirls, notice the light isn't dispersed by the swirls/defects

barabus
08-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Here you go , here's the pictures of the bonnet,
The first one is of the left hand side which has a pure white torch shone on to it , this torch shows what you'd see in direct sunlight.
The second one is of the left side of the car after i've corrected the swirls, notice the light isn't dispersed by the swirls/defects

Thats a table tennis ball stuck with blue tack:wink3: :wink3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave Z
08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Thats a table tennis ball stuck with blue tack:wink3: :wink3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh **** , I've been found out :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

This is a new service now that we're integrating into the Zymol applications.
I've always been able to machine polish cars , but with the old fashioned style standard bodyshop compounds (3M and Farecla)
But to get the cars done to this level I've had to learn some new techniques and match them up with some new compounds from germany.
The difference being that 3m and Farecla are very gritty and although you get a smooth finish, they still leave swirls which can be seen in direct sunlight.
This new stuff that we use contains aluminium oxidie , which brakes itself down as you use it so it doesn't leave swirls behind.
Thats why I've not posted much over the last few months as I wanted to perfect it before I started promoting it as a service.
I never thought i'd ever spend a whole day macine polishing a car before Zymolling it , but thats what we're doing now , so now we're spending 2 days on each car and the results are simply mindblowing.
Hers some more photo's of a porsche (sorry ) we did last week it

Fraccie
08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
That looks the dogs dangly bits Dave,whassit cost?....

Dave Z
08-07-2006, 06:05 PM
That looks the dogs dangly bits Dave,whassit cost?....

Its 200 on its own for a paintwork correction , or 100 if you link it in with a Zymol application
Dave

Fraccie
08-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Its 200 on its own for a paintwork correction , or 100 if you link it in with a Zymol application
Dave

Does the customer provide the B&B and beer if its a long way from home?....:thumbsup:

Dave Z
08-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Does the customer provide the B&B and beer if its a long way from home?....:thumbsup:

That sounds good to me mate :grin:

we normally pay for our own digs but I'm certainly up for a bit of hospitality and dont worry I dont drink as much beer as i do coffee:grin: :grin:

Murph7355
08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
JesusH. That looks pretty damn good Dave.

ANDYH
10-07-2006, 02:11 PM
that porsche is absolutely unreal... never seen anything with a finish like that before....