PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Wax

F328GTS
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Took this pic at the weekend, looks every bit as good as Zymol IMO. As you may or may not know I use Meguiars NXT Tech Wax at 15 a bottle. :laugh:

Angelis
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I used it on my Jag and it looked terrible with lots of streaking :thumbsdow

I found it easier to apply the Zymol.

F328GTS
02-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I used it on my Jag and it looked terrible with lots of streaking :thumbsdow

I found it easier to apply the Zymol.
Did you use a clay bar first? I clay'd mine about two years ago, use the detail spray after each wash, and have given it about 4 - 5 coats of NXT. The picture speaks for itself.

tonyh
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Not used NXT but other Meg products have always produced great finish for me w/out claying.For the price , it's a winner .
Sy, maybe you applied in sunlight or didn't rinsh paint properly ?

Terry
02-08-2006, 11:02 PM
I also use NXT.

I tried Zymol clay bar and lube and it didn't seem to be as effective as the Meguiars clay bar and lube.
Then a couple of applications of Zymol HD cleanse.
Then a couple of coats of NXT.

That seems to give a good finish for me. I also have Zymol Concours but just can't get into using it, I must be missing something.

Angelis
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Sy, maybe you applied in sunlight or didn't rinsh paint properly ?

I definetly did something wrong. :thumbsdow

I may have left the wax on the car for too long and I did do it outside, but it was mostly shaded.

The previous time I tried to claybar it, I gave up after the bonnet and boot lid. :cry:

WillW
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM
The previous time I tried to claybar it, I gave up after the bonnet and boot lid. :cry:

How you are claybaring? :grin: It won't take that long (1-2 hours) to do a even a hole car...

Angelis
03-08-2006, 11:04 AM
How you are claybaring? :grin: It won't take that long (1-2 hours) to do a even a hole car...

Took me that long to do the two panels. :laugh: :laugh:

WillW
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Took me that long to do the two panels. :laugh: :laugh:

You'r supposed to take cr@p out of paintwork with clay bar, not to strip off paint. :laugh:

But to topic, I have heard lot of good comments about Meq's NXT, have to give a try! :thumbsup:

F328GTS
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
But to topic, I have heard lot of good comments about Meq's NXT, have to give a try! :thumbsup:
For it's price and ease of use it is brilliant. :thumbsup: Just don't use it in the sunlight.

Nicola
03-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I use NXT too.

The other week I tried using it on a small panel while the sun was shining on it and it smeared....well I had to find out what difference the sun made.

Nice glossy finish normally (and a good budget alternative to Zymol).

Ravi 355
03-08-2006, 01:37 PM
if its only 15 per bottle, whats the wax content?

F328GTS
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
if its only 15 per bottle, whats the wax content?
It is not a caranuba wax, but synthetic....

http://www.meguiars.com/?liquid-car-waxes/NXT-Generation-Tech-Wax

extrememike
03-08-2006, 01:54 PM
just to clear some things up as some ppl say when they 1st used it that it streaked and others are very happy with the product

well the reason for this is that at meg`s they changed a couple of things and the new formula is not bad at all i must say and is up there with meg`s 21 some ppl might say