PDA

View Full Version : DIY Zymol Ė more questions!

t1grm
09-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Sorry to be a PITA butÖ

1) The Lhem clay. Do I use it all at once or break a bit off? I read that if you drop it you must throw it away. So if I use it all at once and drop it 5 mins into the process (quite likely knowing my luck) do I have to stop everything, order a new one up, and wait for it to arrive by post?

2) Can I drive the car between steps in the process? Iím likely to take several days (weeks actually) over doing it. I can handle having to wash it with the Autobathe again before doing the Lhem Clay but, what if I do the Lhem Clay one day and itís another week before I get round to applying the HD Clense? If I drive the thing and it gets dirty or it gets dusty whilst in the garage do I have to clay it again? Likewise for driving it between HD Clense and the wax.

3) My garage isnít lit very well but thereís a lot of ambient dust circulating in the atmosphere outside. Even spending a couple of hours washing and drying the car with a chamois you can see dust settled where you started drying by the time you finished. Is it a bad idea to clay the car in an environment like this?

Any advice much appreciated.

GrahamS
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry to be a PITA but…

1) The Lhem clay. Do I use it all at once or break a bit off? I read that if you drop it you must throw it away. So if I use it all at once and drop it 5 mins into the process (quite likely knowing my luck) do I have to stop everything, order a new one up, and wait for it to arrive by post?

2) Can I drive the car between steps in the process? I’m likely to take several days (weeks actually) over doing it. I can handle having to wash it with the Autobathe again before doing the Lhem Clay but, what if I do the Lhem Clay one day and it’s another week before I get round to applying the HD Clense? If I drive the thing and it gets dirty or it gets dusty whilst in the garage do I have to clay it again? Likewise for driving it between HD Clense and the wax.

3) My garage isn’t lit very well but there’s a lot of ambient dust circulating in the atmosphere outside. Even spending a couple of hours washing and drying the car with a chamois you can see dust settled where you started drying by the time you finished. Is it a bad idea to clay the car in an environment like this?

1) Break it into bits. opinion is divided as to how small the bits should be but the popular choice seems to be to split it into 3 or 4 bits. Keep folding the clay bar in order to expose a new clean area

2) Once you've clay bar or HD Cleansed it then don't drive it until you've applied the wax as your paint work will have no protection. Top tip is do one panel at a time e.g. clay a front wing, then HD Cleanse it and then wax it. Once you've finished that then move onto the next panel. Took me about 3 weekends to do mine completely, one panel at a time

t1grm
09-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Top tip is do one panel at a time e.g. clay a front wing, then HD Cleanse it and then wax it. Once you;ve finished that then move onto the next panel. Took me about 3 weekends to do mine completely, one panel at a time

Good idea. Cheers chap!

Dave Z
09-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Sorry to be a PITA butÖ

2) Can I drive the car between steps in the process? Iím likely to take several days (weeks actually) over doing it. I can handle having to wash it with the Autobathe again before doing the Lhem Clay but, what if I do the Lhem Clay one day and itís another week before I get round to applying the HD Clense? If I drive the thing and it gets dirty or it gets dusty whilst in the garage do I have to clay it again? Likewise for driving it between HD Clense and the wax.

3) My garage isnít lit very well but thereís a lot of ambient dust circulating in the atmosphere outside. Even spending a couple of hours washing and drying the car with a chamois you can see dust settled where you started drying by the time you finished. Is it a bad idea to clay the car in an environment like this?

Hi Gary ,
give me a bell and I'll run through it all with you , alternatively phone sleazyjet, get me a flight over there and I'll do it in a day for you:grin: :grin: :grin:
Dave 07970 713062:thumbsup:

t1grm
10-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi Gary ,
give me a bell and I'll run through it all with you , alternatively phone sleazyjet, get me a flight over there and I'll do it in a day for you:grin: :grin: :grin:
Dave 07970 713062:thumbsup:

No sleazyjet flights come here mate. Itís dead posh donít you know :D Anyway Iíve convinced myself it will be therapeutic for me to do it myself. If itís not done by end of Aug Iíll may be up in Amsterdam so can bring the car back to sunny Blighty for you to do :D

Dave Z
13-08-2006, 09:10 PM
No sleazyjet flights come here mate. Itís dead posh donít you know :D Anyway Iíve convinced myself it will be therapeutic for me to do it myself. If itís not done by end of Aug Iíll may be up in Amsterdam so can bring the car back to sunny Blighty for you to do :D

Naah mate i'll meet you in Amsterdam:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LazyLobster
14-08-2006, 09:08 AM

Nothing to see or do, except some window shopping :grin: :grin:

extrememike
15-08-2006, 09:32 PM

and i would come over to give you a hand dave:laugh: